Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
they also paid £24mil for david silva, which is probably the most valuable transfer of the last 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Azpilicueta cost 8 million.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
luv 2 read united fans crying about spending power

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
like, literally lmao

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wrong thread.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

The press are turning on Jose already, as evidenced by him being heavily misquoted following the Bristol match. He was in full magnanimous mode following that but the press managed to misquote him into being a sore loser.

He's a twat, is and always will be a twat, but the press are having a field day with him at the moment. In any other season, this United side would be cruising top of the table, I think he's finding it really hard to deal with Pep hitting peak Pep in Jose's special "second season".

Lol

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Ninpo posted:

The press are turning on Jose already, as evidenced by him being heavily misquoted following the Bristol match. He was in full magnanimous mode following that but the press managed to misquote him into being a sore loser.

He's a twat, is and always will be a twat, but the press are having a field day with him at the moment. In any other season, this United side would be cruising top of the table, I think he's finding it really hard to deal with Pep hitting peak Pep in Jose's special "second season".

Leave Mourinho alone :cry:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Jose must fail.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Jose must fail.

He's already a GBS mod how much further can he fall?

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Liverpool got Van Dijk for 75 Mil in Jan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/946075016143261698

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Jose must fail.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That’s a ridiculous price what the hell

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot
watch klopp ruin him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

That's a fuckton of money for a defender. And he's not been that good so far this season.

Buuuut, he's better than Lovren and is a big lad who can head the ball at set pieces.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That's Lukaku money

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Defense wins trophies, and all that, I guess?

Edit: He's not cup tied. Klopp has a good record of taking talented but underperforming players and getting the best out of them.

This is the post Neymar era of prices, so whatever to that. I'm pleased.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I welcome the big Dijk.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Diagnosis: Transfer

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Prognosis: Negative.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/946078010851168257

officially official I guess

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Wonder how long that shirt's been in storage :)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Van Dijk clearly did not give a gently caress the times he played for us this season so it's best he goes now. Hopefully the money can be used well and not on total poo poo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m the millionaire who still buys my furniture from Ikea

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How much of that fee is just to get Southampton to drop the charges?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

75 million jesus christ

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

sassassin posted:

How much of that fee is just to get Southampton to drop the charges?
~0.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Starsnostars posted:

Van Dijk clearly did not give a gently caress the times he played for us this season so it's best he goes now. Hopefully the money can be used well and not on total poo poo

probably a good idea to sack the manager as well since hes gone in summer anyway

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ninpo does have a point in as much that if it was two years ago, united would be four points clear at this point in the season, even having dropped four points in two games

and I for one cannot wait to see big paulie pogba drinking champagne from the "would have won the league this year if it was another, completely different year" trophy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dijks out!

Klopp clearly wanted him and no one else. Make it work now. Our defense is poo poo.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

£75m on a defender.

Football is broken.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Gotta spend the money for him if we want him I guess.

Available immediately and pushes one of Lovren or Klavan to the bench which is fine with me.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

No way we spend that sort of money without some way to recoup it

v. worried about coutinho leaving in january now

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
If nothing else I hope this adds fire to Mourinho’s money meltdown.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sphyre posted:

No way we spend that sort of money without some way to recoup it

v. worried about coutinho leaving in january now

the money was there in august southampton just got upset about it. no reason its not still there

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That VVD deal has the potential for glorious implosion, surprised they’ve been daft enough to stump up that much cash all things considered.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Gotta spend the money for him if we want him I guess.

Available immediately and pushes one of Lovren or Klavan to the bench which is fine with me.

There were rumors City were in for him again, so Liverpool did have to spend big now to get him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

They just took the announcement picture in a waiting room?

Also I hereby predict that he doesn’t make Liverpool’s defense noticeably better.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Klopp said after Pogba was bought for 89 million pounds, "The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore"

https://i.imgur.com/jWZNaOC.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Also I hereby predict that he doesn’t make Liverpool’s defense noticeably better.

Unless Klopp changes tack or brings in a new defensive coach there will be no noticeable change because regardless of VVD’s undoubted quality the best defences are drilled to loving death on the training ground and that’s clearly not happening at Liverpool (it’s not happening at Arsenal either to be fair).

• Locked thread