Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is like the stoner in college who thinks he's hot poo poo by passing Chem 101 with a C- after getting baked all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Stroll improved i guess but when you're so far in the bin to start with its hard to not do that. Williams is such a sad state where they'll just take the poo poo driver because he pays so much money into the team.

Their line up next year is going to be so poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Stroll worse than Kazuki Nakajima?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yes.

Literally yes.

Nakajima was slow but consistent. Also his last season he was completely destroyed by future 2016 FIA Formula 1 World Champion Nico Rosberg but that was Rosberg's ability coming out at that time.

Stroll is all over the loving place. If you want an actual realist viewpoint... Stroll is in F1 way, way, WAY too early for his own good and career. He needs to gently caress off back to the junior categories or a side category and grow some more.

Right now he's going to be smiling from ear to ear for 2018 because it seems like Williams is going to sign on some poo poo-rear end driver possibly Russian so the gap to which this new driver beating Stroll won't be necessarily a chasm. We'll see.

God-Emperor Rossi and Luthi actually had some nice quotes for this phenomenon of people getting promoted into top tier racing far too early by highlighting Dovi in his years before he blossomed like a Terry's chocolate orange:

quote:

MotoGP legend Rossi said: "For me, the story of Dovizioso is a very good story because he passed through difficult periods in his career, especially in MotoGP.

"Everybody has to learn from him because he never gave up, he never lost the faith, he had self-belief.

"He won two races in nine years and six races in one year. To do this, you have to be strong, balanced.

"For sure you are in a hurry, yes, but everybody needs time.

"It is like this, not just in MotoGP, not just in our sport. In every sport, everybody wants the result straight away.

"You never have time."

Tom Luthi will step up to MotoGP with the Marc VDS Honda team next year at the age of 31, having spent 16 years in the 125cc and 250cc/Moto2 classes.

The Swiss rider believes there has been a shift in attitude among team owners recently and that they have come to realise expecting every rider to perform like Marquez is unrealistic.

"There was a time, it was incredible, everybody was asking for 20-year-old guys, it was Marquez, [Jack] Miller and guys like that, they were very young," Luthi explained.

"I think many people understand now that not everybody is a Marquez, and some guys maybe need a little bit longer to learn things.

"It was quite tough for me because, a 31-year-old, way too old, no chance anymore.

"It is also very good to see that [38-year-old] Rossi is there and wins races. That helps for sure."

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/133655/rossi-urges-everybody-to-learn-from-dovizioso

Not everybody is a Verstappen. Not everyone is a Raikkonen. Those extra couple of years in lower tier categories can go a long, long way.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

さ。

あんたたちは文法苦手、フェラーリはクソチーム。それと、毎週東京の駅か会社近いに、フェラーリ以外な80年代F1キャップかジャケットを着てる爺さんたちよく見える。何回もベネトンF1なジャケット見て笑ってる。

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

harperdc posted:

さ。

あんたたちは文法苦手、フェラーリはクソチーム。それと、毎週東京の駅か会社近いに、フェラーリ以外な80年代F1キャップかジャケットを着てる爺さんたちよく見える。何回もベネトンF1なジャケット見て笑ってる。

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

さ。

Then.

You are not good at grammar, Ferrari is loving team. Also, every week in Tokyo station or close to the company, the grandfathers wearing the 80's F1 cap or jacket other than Ferrari look good. I am laughing watching Benetton F1 jacket many times.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

People on the internet are upset with the fraudulent WDC because of this video

https://twitter.com/JustNabz/status/945375584401739776

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Too loving far

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Delete this crap.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kancolle sucks though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

クソチーム

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So that’s what Quiet is up to these days

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lol!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

harperdc posted:

さ。

Lol @ having to learn 漢字 and then two other things besides. 釣魚台列嶼是台灣的。

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

The annoying bit is that occasionally he shows flashes of not being terrible.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If it turned out Stroll was high all the time and still podiumed then I’d be really impressed.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Lol @ having to learn 漢字 and then two other things besides. 釣魚台列嶼是台灣的。

Thank gently caress Japanese doesn’t have tones :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

So that’s what Quiet is up to these days

People just don’t understand his “art”

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

harperdc posted:

Thank gently caress Japanese doesn’t have tones :colbert:

You’re right actually, tones are an awful idea

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:crossange:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
:distonk:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i dont understand that reference.

edit: i really like this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BokdSWC2R68

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 27, 2017

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Kancolle sucks though.

._. the anime knower

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Controversial question, is there one driver we can all agree we actually all like. I don't even care what particular kind of car they raced.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hexyflexy posted:

Controversial question, is there one driver we can all agree we actually all like. I don't even care what particular kind of car they raced.

Fernando Alonso

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Norns posted:

Fernando Alonso

CORRECT.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexyflexy posted:

Seb Vettel, Scuderia Ferrari.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

Dale Earnhardt

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sebastian Loeb. He dominates in whatever discipline he enters. He is literally the greatest driver of all time and we're all too full of poo poo to realize it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Sebastian Loeb. He dominates in whatever discipline he enters. He is literally the greatest driver of all time and we're all too full of poo poo to realize it.

He's a shithead parked in the best car of the field with the team centered around him.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Are Jense, Kobayashi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck this

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Fernando Alonso

This is the only acceptable answer

Lmbo who made that? It’s great

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It's Gigi Galli :colbert:

Actually what about Colin McRae if we're sticking with rally? He owned and he drove the coolest car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gigi Galli posted:

It's Gigi Galli :colbert:

Actually what about Colin McRae if we're sticking with rally? He owned and he drove the coolest car.

Counterpoint: Michelle Mouton.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mouton was cool as heck.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: Michelle Mouton.

I never saw her drive, I can't really form an opinion!

I guess she has the advantage of not killing several people in a helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Juan Pablo Montoya

• Locked thread