Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

What does it take to get that filled up? Also, you should make some liquid nitrogen ice cream and post the results itt, tia.

Oh ice cream is absolutely happening, both normal ice cream and dippin' dots. I'm also going to load some ice cream base into my cream whipper to make a mousse that you can freeze into balls where the outside freezes and the inside is like soft airy ice cream.

As for filling it, you just need the container. Any supplier will fill it for you if it is a proper dewar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

rockcity posted:

I went nuts and decided to buy a liquid nitrogen dewar. Time to make some edible crazy frozen poo poo.

Edit: answered on the last page. I think that post sold several more.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rockcity posted:

I went nuts and decided to buy a liquid nitrogen dewar. Time to make some edible crazy frozen poo poo.

I'm the dildo molds.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

One of my roommates plays a lot of cooperative/competitive online games. I can hear him when he gets frustrated. So, I got him this for Christmas:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

FFT posted:

One of my roommates plays a lot of cooperative/competitive online games. I can hear him when he gets frustrated. So, I got him this for Christmas:

Also maybe pick him up a bottle of No More Tears baby shampoo?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I've always wanted to shatter my kneecaps, so I bought a skateboard!

...Thought I felt deja vu....

Coffee And Pie posted:

Went to the mall the other day and bought my first non-Walmart, non-cruiser skateboard! In case anyone's curious it has:
-Mob Grip tape
-ATM deck
-Independent trucks
-Reds bearings
-Spitfire wheels

Pretty excited to get out there and eat poo poo!

You.... You're the seed of my bad decisions :gonk:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

OSU_Matthew posted:

I've always wanted to shatter my kneecaps, so I bought a skateboard!

...Thought I felt deja vu....

You.... You're the seed of my bad decisions :gonk:

Meet me at the skate park and we can eat poo poo trying to ollie :hehe:

For real though, glad I could be an enabler, it's a lot of fun! I was pleasantly surprised how chill the skaters I've met have been, just don't get in the way of anyone's lines and learn how to roll out of a fall.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Japanese grocery haul. Not pictured is some spam musubi because I ate them all before I got home.

If you're not familiar with Hayahi Rice it's a Japanese version of Beef Burgundy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hell yeah Japanese curry packages are great. I made a goat curry with that stuff & it was sooooo good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bought these like its 2002 all over again:

They have bluetooth now at least.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mu Zeta posted:

Japanese grocery haul. Not pictured is some spam musubi because I ate them all before I got home.

If you're not familiar with Hayahi Rice it's a Japanese version of Beef Burgundy.

I mean...I'm not going to say we don't have lots of apples and honey here in VT, but usually "Vermont" themed foodstuffs have maple flavor worked into them somehow.

Which, slightly off topic, makes me wonder if you can make maple syrup from Japanese maples?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a weird marketing thing from the 60s

quote:

In 1958, D. C. Jarvis, a country doctor in Vermont, published a book called "Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor's Guide to Good Health", which stayed on the New York Times bestseller list for 2 years, and was (according to the good doctor's Wikipedia page still in print up until 2002. You can still get a used copy now. One folk remedy that particularly captured the imagination of people was the use of a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey, called honegar, for anything that ailed you. The popularity of this magical mixture eventually spread to Japan and was known as the "Vermont Health System (バーモント健康法)". So when House Foods introduced their special, sweet and smooth curry in 1963 (even though the mix includes other sweetening agents besides honey and apple), they latched onto this "healthy" combination, blithely changed the apple cider vinegar to plain apples, and voila! Vermont Curry was born.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rolo posted:

Put your dick in it.

:thumbsup:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am shopshaming that awful looking curry. Like apples and honey come the gently caress on guys. Japanese curry has to be the most banal food ever, like plain grits have more soul than that thin, sad crap.

gimme a sixer, I don't give a gently caress, I am calling out that lovely curry, the people have a right to know

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You pour it over rice and shove it down your throat what's to complain about

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

bongwizzard posted:

I am shopshaming that awful looking curry. Like apples and honey come the gently caress on guys. Japanese curry has to be the most banal food ever, like plain grits have more soul than that thin, sad crap.

gimme a sixer, I don't give a gently caress, I am calling out that lovely curry, the people have a right to know

Spoken like someone who's never had delicious, delicious Vermont curry.

poo poo, now I want some. :ohdear:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Spoken like someone who's never had delicious, delicious Vermont curry.

poo poo, now I want some. :ohdear:

I have had that exact box, but the "hot" variety. It was so so lame, like if you were dying it is the food they would give you to make you feel not so sad to never eat again. It was so milquetoast as to make actual milk toast seem exciting, even daring by comparison.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

bongwizzard posted:

I have had that exact box, but the "hot" variety. It was so so lame, like if you were dying it is the food they would give you to make you feel not so sad to never eat again. It was so milquetoast as to make actual milk toast seem exciting, even daring by comparison.

Have you considered that you may be, in fact, dead?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Have you considered that you may be, in fact, dead?

I have been rolling this huge vat of bullshit curry up this hill for a while now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bongwizzard posted:

I have been rolling this huge vat of bullshit curry up this hill for a while now.

Did you follow the recipe on the box? It's not supposed to be watery or flavorless unless you think beef or onions or curry powder have no flavor.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

bongwizzard posted:

Also maybe pick him up a bottle of No More Tears baby shampoo?

Just wanted to point out that they actually mean "tear" like how you "tear" something apart, not "tear" like "I shed a tear"

It's intentionally deceptive marketing for sure.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Huh? It refers to no tangles so there’s no crying when you comb it out. If you get it in their eye there will definitely be tears.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Huh? It refers to no tangles so there’s no crying when you comb it out. If you get it in their eye there will definitely be tears.

:psyduck:

The No More Tears thing on Johnson's baby shampoo is specifically talking about not irritating the eyes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There will sometimes be tears because the sensation of bubbles popping in your eyes can be alarming, and it often gets in the nose at the same time, but it’s easy to prove to yourself that tear-free shampoo like J&J doesn’t irritate the eye. The no-tangle stuff doesn’t work as shampoo, IMO, but the sprays and leave-in conditioners can get it done.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well then I’ve been lied to.

But also as someone who’s used that stuff on a baby I can confirm they will cry if it gets in their eyes.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

But also as someone who’s seen a baby I can confirm they will cry.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Lmao do people really think no more tears means tearing hair out Jesus Christ

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Lmao do people really think no more tears means tearing hair out Jesus Christ

I had heard not making them cry when you comb it out. But apparently that’s wrong too. Well frankly the no more tears thing is bullshit no matter how you interpret it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

App13 posted:

Just wanted to point out that they actually mean "tear" like how you "tear" something apart, not "tear" like "I shed a tear"

It's intentionally deceptive marketing for sure.

https://www.johnsonsprofessional.com/johnsons-baby/no-more-tears

"It tells nurses that the product is formulated for ocular safety and tells mothers that the product is gentle, safe, and mild for their babies’ developing skin and eyes."

J&J owns that trademark; the L'Oreal thing was drama after the fact.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Don't buy a baby and then you won't have to worry about the correct reading of the word.

Anyway I bought a $50 ebay speaker

to combine with a $9 thrift store speaker

Which makes a ~$150 pair of speakers to plug into this tiny amp that says "SPERKERS" on the back

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Nice. Yojimbo is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Nice. Yojimbo is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Ditto, also seven samurai. Their spaghetti western corrolaries are also awesome (for a Fistful of dollars, magnificent seven), but Last Man Standing not so much.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

I'm more of a Rashomon fan, but it's hard to go wrong with Kurosawa.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dog Case posted:

Don't buy a baby and then you won't have to worry about the correct reading of the word.

Anyway I bought a $50 ebay speaker

to combine with a $9 thrift store speaker

Which makes a ~$150 pair of speakers to plug into this tiny amp that says "SPERKERS" on the back

Wow, these speakers are worth anything? I have four or six in my closet!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Roughly $30 each I'd guess.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those criterion covers rule.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wow, these speakers are worth anything? I have four or six in my closet!

The trick is to donate them one at a time to Goodwill, then put the other one up on eBay for 50$ :coal:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The ebay one did come from within the same state :tinfoil:

Either way it cost me less overall than buying a complete set on ebay and the reflecting angled tweeter gimmick works really well in my tiny living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Dog Case posted:

The ebay one did come from within the same state :tinfoil:

Either way it cost me less overall than buying a complete set on ebay and the reflecting angled tweeter gimmick works really well in my tiny living room.

Heh, someone put a pair of these out by my dumpster, they're p decent.