Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I have legit gripes. I've googled and computer says no to pennies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

RC cars are a great Christmas gift. I got my first real RC truck when I was in 5th grade (a Traxxas stampede). We spent most of the day putting it together. I became obsessed and it was all I wanted to do all the time.

I’m now almost 33 and have worked in the RC industry since I was 16 outside of a couple years. I am able to support my family and never regret a single day waking up to go to work. We got my boy his first RC car for Christmas (he’s 3 1/2) and he loves it. I’ve been waiting a looong time for this day :unsmith:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

RC cars are a great Christmas gift.

Yes they are. One of my more memorable gifts was the year my dad built himself a then-new RC12L, and used his spare parts piles (along with some fresh bodies and a couple of new radios) to put together a couple of RC12is for my brother and I.

I know I've got more than enough spare parts to do the same for my kid, so I should probably get on that.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
God, I kinda miss being into RC stuff. I remember building an old RC10T Team Truck (first gen; Stealth transmission, aluminum chassis) and going and ripping around the yard.

I should go dig that up.

Other news, went and saw Last Jedi. Liked it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Do we have any first-gen (GD) Honda Fit/Jazz people in here? Any known areas to take a good look at on a used one? Friend seen a cheap prospect for his wife, sounds like it might need a new gearbox (it's a manual), but eh, it is cheap.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Don't the rear hatches leak?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seminal Flu posted:

So Lepin Lego knock-offs are no joke. Santa brought my son the Saturn V and LeMans racer. He hasn't made the rocket yet, but the LeMans car is not 100%, but a solid 99%+ equivalent. It's a Technics set, and a couple of the advanced mechanism don't operate as smoothly as Lego brand, but with a bit of massaging they can. Overall? $55 delivered for a set that costs $130 from Lego is tough to argue against... https://shop.lego.com/en-US/24-Hours-Race-Car-42039

There's a store in town that buys them in bulk and sells them cheaper than aliexpress.

It's drat tempting. There are some awesome sets, too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEP...bf228862e&tpp=1

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Do we have any first-gen (GD) Honda Fit/Jazz people in here? Any known areas to take a good look at on a used one? Friend seen a cheap prospect for his wife, sounds like it might need a new gearbox (it's a manual), but eh, it is cheap.

I bought a manual 2008 (last year of the GDs) about 4 or 5 years ago with 70k miles on it. It's up to 111k and I have not had a single issue with it. It's been so bulletproof I've never even bothered to look into what, if any, issues they have.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

There's a store in town that buys them in bulk and sells them cheaper than aliexpress.

It's drat tempting. There are some awesome sets, too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEP...bf228862e&tpp=1

I should have known better but this is rad as heck, I didn't know of this Lego-not-lego sets

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So my son got me a Traxxas RC car (the Rustler) so I can race him with his Traxxas truck (the Stampede) and it's tons of fun, we made a makeshift track and tore up the front yard, then played "tag" and crashed and flipped them all over the place these things are pretty tough. Think I'm gonna like this RC hobby :) also the wife got me a Fuji X100 so I'm pretty stoked right now to have a digital rangefinder, I've always wanted one.
I've got a YetiXL that I really, really need to take and and play with more. loving thing rocks.

quote:

Got my wife a Glock 42 so she's happy :v:
Doesn't rate high enough for a Sig? :v:

Powershift posted:

This is unpleasant.

I can't wait for the stories of people freezing their tits off lining up on boxing day to get $50 off a lovely tv.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I see Mother Nature is hate-loving the North once again.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Might not need a gearbox, the clutch slaves in the 07-08s here like to take a dump and make a ton of clutch chatter until they finally pack it in. Replacement doesn't even require jacking up the car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just discovered like ten seconds ago that CKY was putting out new music and then got super annoyed because Deron Miller quit the band. Like, what's the loving point if your signature vocalist is gone?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I just discovered like ten seconds ago that CKY was putting out new music and then got super annoyed because Deron Miller quit the band. Like, what's the loving point if your signature vocalist is gone?
Guitars are still sometimes cool.

Hes not a terrible singer but its nothing like it used to be.

Deron tried making a new band called MechaCKY but they changed it to 96 Bitter Beings. Gross.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay I listened to Head for a Breakdown and it's actually quite good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whew, Step-Grandma-In-Law is doing better. They weened her off the meds and were then able to control the bleeding. She should be out of ICU today.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Ah yes, nothing better than having a hell of a time falling asleep, finally dozing off somewhere around 2AM, tossing and turning every few minutes, to be permenatly woken by the sound of a cat hacking a loving hairball outside your bedroom door at 5:30. :sigh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Better than trying to sleep with a frozen shoulder. I haven't had a good night's sleep in over two months because it's impossible to get comfortable :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
GF and I were both awake at 2:30. So many worries neither of us could get back to sleep.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

mariooncrack posted:

Don't the rear hatches leak?

Galler posted:

I bought a manual 2008 (last year of the GDs) about 4 or 5 years ago with 70k miles on it. It's up to 111k and I have not had a single issue with it. It's been so bulletproof I've never even bothered to look into what, if any, issues they have.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Might not need a gearbox, the clutch slaves in the 07-08s here like to take a dump and make a ton of clutch chatter until they finally pack it in. Replacement doesn't even require jacking up the car.
Thanks. Guess we'll just see.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Somewhat Heroic posted:

RC cars are a great Christmas gift. I got my first real RC truck when I was in 5th grade (a Traxxas stampede). We spent most of the day putting it together. I became obsessed and it was all I wanted to do all the time.

I’m now almost 33 and have worked in the RC industry since I was 16 outside of a couple years. I am able to support my family and never regret a single day waking up to go to work. We got my boy his first RC car for Christmas (he’s 3 1/2) and he loves it. I’ve been waiting a looong time for this day :unsmith:

I'mm fix my bent aluminum shocktowers, slap the go-pro on my Arma, and get you some video of fun in the snow. Way better than your desert :P

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

ilkhan posted:

GF and I were both awake at 2:30. So many worries neither of us could get back to sleep.

When you get that feeling
You need
Sexual healing

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Better than trying to sleep with a frozen shoulder. I haven't had a good night's sleep in over two months because it's impossible to get comfortable :(

Are there any chairs in your house that are comfortable to sleep in? I only ask because I've been falling asleep in my living room recliner. It is so friggin comfortable that I actually get the deeper sleep I need by sacking out for 5-6 hours at a time. In my regular bed I sleep light and wake up every hour or two for a huge variety of reasons. And yes I know I need a new bed.

But if sleeping reclined helps the shoulder maybe it's worth it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

slothrop posted:

Today's offensive busker: an elderly man playing slowed down carols on a Casio electric organ/keyboard thing. He's been there since 7am. It's now past midday.

https://soundcloud.com/alvin-thechipmunkson16sp/have-yourself-a-merry-little-christmas

I have no idea what the gently caress has been going on in these forums and I'm not scrolling up so deal with it.
I just popped in to say I am a terrible person for not playing any of your reindeer games but life has been super busy and hectic but also good and I hope all of you are having good lives too.
Merry belated Christmas.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 27, 2017

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Goober Peas posted:

When you get that feeling
You need
Sexual healing

That's pretty much what my wife and I do if we can't sleep. Condoms suck though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wrar posted:

That's pretty much what my wife and I do if we can't sleep. Condoms suck though.

20 minutes and you never have to worry about condoms again.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

Are there any chairs in your house that are comfortable to sleep in? I only ask because I've been falling asleep in my living room recliner. It is so friggin comfortable that I actually get the deeper sleep I need by sacking out for 5-6 hours at a time. In my regular bed I sleep light and wake up every hour or two for a huge variety of reasons. And yes I know I need a new bed.

But if sleeping reclined helps the shoulder maybe it's worth it.

No recliner, but I tried sleeping on our big rear end couch with an ottoman and I can't do it, have never been able to sleep sitting up unfortunately.

My issue is that physical therapy aggravates the poo poo out of it and makes it sore, otherwise it's ok but if I don't do PT it's hosed forever. When i got diagnosed I was really hoping I could have surgery and get it over with, but it's all PT (pain and torture heh) to slowly bring it back to normal :cry:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 27, 2017

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Seminal Flu posted:

20 minutes and you never have to worry about condoms again.

We're talking about having numero dos so that's out for a ~year.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Birth control is cool and good

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

Agreed but not when you are considering makin' another babby.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
nevermind, not serious.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 27, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nerd Wars owned except that part that didnt

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

angryrobots posted:

My sister in law got pregnant with her second kid when she was on birth control, part of the lucky 0.1% or whatever the effectiveness rate is.

Still worth the risk.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Wrar posted:

Agreed but not when you are considering makin' another babby.

Yeah the wife and I are preggers right now. :shh: I'm not supposed to tell anyone.
Her plan: I'm gonna get off my birth control, start trying to get pregnant IMMEDIATELY and probably wind up pregnant in 6 months.
My response: You're gonna get pregnant like the day after you stop taking that stuff.
Reality: She got pregnant less than a week after being off it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude i just took a dump thats had two cigarette breaks and a coffee refill in between

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Here's a great non sequitur that you all might enjoy, presented without context from a conversation I had last night.

:v: Truck Nutz should be illegal.

:downs: Actually I think the opposite. I want to know who the assholes are. I want to be able to see them coming.
If anything, they should be mandatory, like how the Nazis made the Jews wear the star of David.

:v: So, Truck Nutz are the redneck star of David?

:downs: Exactly.

DICK DICER posted:

Dude i just took a dump thats had two cigarette breaks and a coffee refill in between

Does that mean anal is back on the menu?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Does that mean anal is back on the menu?

It's a pretty sweet birth control method.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tire question jerks: Dunlop Direzza or Yokohama S Drive?

Only two good choices in the size I need.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Bajaha posted:

My sister in law got pregnant with her second kid when she was on birth control, part of the lucky 0.1% or whatever the effectiveness rate is.

Still worth the risk.

Whenever I hear stuff like that, I "victim blame" really hard. Like suuure you didn't screw up, you remembered every day at the same time, right....

The funny thing about birth control statistics is that user error is counted as a strike against the effectiveness. Like condoms are 99+% effective when used. One of the failure modes of condoms is having one available and choosing not to use it. Drops their technical effectiveness to like 86%. And yeah, I did exactly that and ended up with my kid.

I got snipped as soon as I was single again, to prevent my own bad judgement from causing me to end up with any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I had that conversation a few nights prior. As soon as babby 2 is good I'm done with my genetic contribution of height, good hair and nearsightedness to the human gene pool.

• Locked thread