Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This LP and your streaming were both great sources of comfort during this hell year so also thanks for that as well.

You're a pretty cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Finally caught up with the thread! I'm glad I ended the game in time to see at least the tail end of the LP, things will be interesting from now on
And to add to the praise train, you're a pretty cool dude Dark Id and wanting to be better than that is already enough to forgive your past errors :golfclap:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

hey man, you're alright in my book, whatever that's worth. i think it's pretty decent of you to acknowledge that stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You're a good dude, dude.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Most of Id's old LPs are still pretty funny. :shobon:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Hey you're OK! Your family seems cool and you deserve them because you are also cool!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm really glad you're still LPing. Some of your comments at the end of the Setsuna LP kind of scared me, knowing your (former?) occupation, so seeing this LP pop-up was a huge relief.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It was your LPs what got me to join SA in the first place way back when, and while my own attempt at one sputtered and died relatively early on I tried to make it at least as quality an experience as yours have always been. You're good people, TDI. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Going to toss my hat in as well to say that your LPs were also among one of the reasons why I joined to begin with. And hell, to this day I still recommend them to people. From what I've seen, you seem like a genuinely good person. So uh.. Thanks for all of the entertainment over these years, and hope the next is kind to ya.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Okay, answer me honestly: which wyvern is threatening to doxx you?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’ve had an S.A. membership for over a decade now but the only thing keeping me visiting is Ids LPs (and ChipCheezum but they’re also at the lp zone).

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
We can all make mistakes and grow, hell, I used to be even more of an oblivious dumbass with regards to what's okay to say on these forums than I am now, just ask Speedball!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

We can all make mistakes and grow, hell, I used to be even more of an oblivious dumbass with regards to what's okay to say on these forums than I am now, just ask Speedball!

SMH you'd say that in a thread regarding a series of games where humanity just constantly screws itself over.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Id, I played Drakenguard way back when it came out and totally forget about it untill someone was like "check out this insane game". Keep up the great work suffering for us. We love ya.

ALSO: I have linked the lp archive for the rest of these games to at least 10 people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It owns a whole lot of you to say that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I guess I'm weird for never taking any of that stuff serious. But I'm happy for less cursing and applaud your honesty.

chiasaur11 posted:

Don't worry, Id.

We already knew, in our hearts of hearts, that you were drunk.

Now let's get rid of the lame as hell "drunk" "joke".

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Chiming in as another fan, who registered with archives just to read the missing (at the time) RE: Dead Aim LP almost a decade ago. Its been a pleasure watching you mature in your humor as well as a person.

It's nice to see you own up and we forgive you for the Resident Evil 5 Video LP. :)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Trying to be a better person is awesome. Even if said person is pretty awesome in the first place:

AND MEN OF THE SEA NEVER SAY DIE!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
There was a Red vs Blue "Point-Counterpoint" video back in the day about tattoos. What I remember best about it is that the main argument against tattoos is that they're permanent, and that you're a goddamned idiot. It's just going to take you ten years to realize what a goddamned idiot you are right now.

That always helps me keep perspective on y'know, things that go on around me and how I react to them. I am a goddamned idiot, it's just going to take me 10 years to figure out just how big of a goddamned idiot.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

I was going to hold off on this until we hit ending D (there's a bit there that made me put down the controller and just cry), but this seems as good a time as any:

I've had two massive depressive episodes in my life, one about six years ago and another within the last couple of months. And I do mean severe, like I had to go to the hospital a month ago. And for whatever reason, you happened to be doing an LP of a NieR game in the middle of both of these. And it's not like the games threw me into depression, it was all outside factors (coming to terms with my queerness, exploitative and even abusive jobs, stretches of unemployment, a fairly substantial drinking problem, the list goes on. It's been a rough couple of months). In fact it was quite the opposite: I tend to bury my emotions for months at a time before something traumatic triggers an episode, and having something that lets me really engage and bring out negative feelings is a pretty great way to manage it. So yeah, you introduced my sad gay self to two of my favourite games ever, and demonstratively made my life better by LPing them. I guess what I wanted to say is, to quote the sith lord himself;

thank you for playing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah a lot of the old LPs have some cringey poo poo in them. I laughed at them at the time so I guess I was a horrible poo poo too.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Just wanted to chime in that I appreciate what you said on twitter. It's so rare to see people be honest about and self-reflective about this kind of thing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Drunk you is a good person. Sober you is a good person too. Not many people can say both.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

That is a really good twitter post. I really enjoyed the older LPs when I was younger but re-reading them recently got pretty cringey, particularly with the Resident Evil and Billy stuff. The recent stuff from primarily Xenogears on has been excellent.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
From what I recall, goons weren't supposed to like Billy, but lots of them did anyways because :shrug:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Malachite_Dragon posted:

From what I recall, goons weren't supposed to like Billy, but lots of them did anyways because :shrug:

I know some goons eventually formed somethingsensitive, a truly terrible place. Did goons also create or mass-exodus over to 4chan at some point?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Billzasilver posted:

I know some goons eventually formed somethingsensitive, a truly terrible place. Did goons also create or mass-exodus over to 4chan at some point?

As I recall, 4chan was created as an offshoot of ADTRW around the time SA started implementing concrete rules of conduct, by people who didn't like the idea of having to regulate their behavior.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Id once destroyed his hand because he Shining Finger'd his own deck in order to save a litter of freezing kittens.

https://twitter.com/fioaimes/status/829129363316682752

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Danaru posted:

Id once destroyed his hand because he Shining Finger'd his own deck in order to save a litter of freezing kittens.

:kimchi:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

As I recall, 4chan was created as an offshoot of ADTRW around the time SA started implementing concrete rules of conduct, by people who didn't like the idea of having to regulate their behavior.

More specific than that, ADTRW used to, WAY back in the early 00's, be a haven for precisely the type of horrible anime nerd you think of when you think of the phrase "horrible anime nerd". Then they started prohibiting discussion of pedobait anime and banning people for posting awful poo poo like that, and people like moot and Kirtainer (an Actual Pedophile, as it turns out) founded 4chan after being run off from SA.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Danaru posted:

Ya'll should really just follow Id and WifeId/DarkWife on twitter because they're cool and funny

https://twitter.com/fioaimes/status/946127217934860289

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Chillgamesh posted:

More specific than that, ADTRW used to, WAY back in the early 00's, be a haven for precisely the type of horrible anime nerd you think of when you think of the phrase "horrible anime nerd". Then they started prohibiting discussion of pedobait anime and banning people for posting awful poo poo like that, and people like moot and Kirtainer (an Actual Pedophile, as it turns out) founded 4chan after being run off from SA.

Man that makes so much sense

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

endolithic posted:

Ya'll should really just follow Id and WifeId/DarkWife on twitter because they're cool and funny

https://twitter.com/fioaimes/status/946127217934860289

The 'what the gently caress' is amusingly far larger on the actual twitter page.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You're good people Id, it's good to see you owning your past. Not to mention, there were some cringey jokes but you were never a Pewdiepie level of "I'm not actually funny I just say offensive poo poo in place of jokes".

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Chillgamesh posted:

Kirtainer (an Actual Pedophile, as it turns out) founded 4chan after being run off from SA.

did you mean to word this so it implies that SA didn't have a bunch of pedos among it's Important members?

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

It's always awesome to see someone owning up to bad past behavior. Because, like you said, we've all been there. I've been reading your stuff for a while, and seen you improve as an LPer to the point that you haven't had to rely on cringey bad jokes.

So to see this post helped me think about ways I could change for the better, too - and reminded me that's nothing to be ashamed of.

You're a cool dude, Id, and I hope you remember that.

Pangurban fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 29, 2017

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Id, there's a reason why you're my favorite LPer, and it's not just because you donated a kidney to me. I didn't even need a kidney, but now I have three.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Dark Id is one of two people I know that were insane enough to 100% Chrono Cross

The other person is me

I still cannot fathom why either of us would do such a thing

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, I'd be cautious before you use that kidney

• Locked thread