Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I never saw her drive, I can't really form an opinion!

I guess she has the advantage of not killing several people in a helicopter.

Lmao yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

gret posted:

Juan Pablo Montoya

Good one, I think he's the only american driver I actually ever liked.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Merry Christmas, worst thread! Thanks for not making 6,395 new posts while I was away!

wicka posted:

Nothing was cooked in a cast iron pan.

I got a very large stock pot and an immersion blender, I’m gonna make so much loving butternut squash soup.

Make up a huge batch of mac and cheese in the pot, then blend it into soup. Eat like a king.

And I see Lewis continues to be human garbage. Carry on.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hexyflexy posted:

Controversial question, is there one driver we can all agree we actually all like. I don't even care what particular kind of car they raced.

A drunk Jenson Button

I just bought some Mac n Cheese from posh chain Waitrose to see what you jerks are arguing about

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Hexyflexy posted:

Controversial question, is there one driver we can all agree we actually all like. I don't even care what particular kind of car they raced.

Taki Inoue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXEhf1pYtw

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
We all like Max Chilton

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: Michelle Mouton.

:swoon:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Honey Badger

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexyflexy posted:

Good one, I think he's the only american driver I actually ever liked.

He is from Colombia.

Alex Zanardi.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

We all like Max Chilton

Do we

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Thread canon is in flux

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Wirth1000 posted:

Sebastian Loeb. He dominates in whatever discipline he enters. He is literally the greatest driver of all time and we're all too full of poo poo to realize it.

delete this crap

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t know of anyone who actively dislikes Antony Davidson.

Is there a more hated ex-driver than Brundle?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Thread canon is in flux

The real canon was in our hearts all along.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

Yes? I mean hundreds upon hundreds are far worse than Brundle. I know you voted for Brexit and can't wait to implent Britain Be White (BBW) but hell have you heard of ... Eddie Irvine? Carlos Reutemann? Christjian Albers? not a driver but the comically evil Colin Kolles? Pastor Maldonado? Scott Speed?

Motherfucking scott speed for fucks sake

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ralf Schumacher.... Jacques Villeneuve....

These people are literally vilified.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yes but Brundle has turned Sky into a terrible old boys club and made it preferable to watch F1 with the sound off. Those others were just temporary bastards, Brundle’s damage is lasting. Listen to any old F1 race with Walker commentating and you can immediately tell how poo poo the commentary has become today.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Yes but Brundle has turned Sky into a terrible old boys club and made it preferable to watch F1 with the sound off. Those others were just temporary bastards, Brundle’s damage is lasting. Listen to any old F1 race with Walker commentating and you can immediately tell how poo poo the commentary has become today.

You pay for sky and are therefore way more responsible than Brundle for the poo poo commentary we have now.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Don’t any of you dare talk poo poo about Sind Ralf.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Ralf Schumacher.... Jacques Villeneuve....

These people are literally vilified.

By you, Jacques was pretty much my anti Schumacher in the day, as was Hill, jeez anyone could have fit the bill, but nobody dislikes Mika!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

david coullthard

djssniper posted:

By you, Jacques was pretty much my anti Schumacher in the day, as was Hill, jeez anyone could have fit the bill, but nobody dislikes Mika!

Mika was a noble gentleman who sadly won his first wdc because his team mate was a fraud and a cheater.

#forzaferrari

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 27, 2017

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DoctorGonzo posted:

david coullthard

You've had some bad opinions but disliking David "Cool Tard" Coulthard more than Martin "I'm going to yammer on about how I was once almost a match for Senna in the lower formulas for the 475th time" Brundle is too far for me to accept.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

We all love takuma Sato, big bobby cube, and Yuki ide.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes? I mean hundreds upon hundreds are far worse than Brundle. I know you voted for Brexit and can't wait to implent Britain Be White (BBW) but hell have you heard of ... Eddie Irvine? Carlos Reutemann? Christjian Albers? not a driver but the comically evil Colin Kolles? Pastor Maldonado? Scott Speed?

Motherfucking scott speed for fucks sake

All of these people are so much better than Brundle. I’d trust Scott Speed with my loving life compared to Brundle.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Brundle is obnoxious but no where near a level warranting hatred and castration.

Never forget Jonathan Legard who flew way too close to the sun. Peaked with F1 and also had his career destroyed by it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

All of these people are so much better than Brundle. I’d trust Scott Speed with my loving life compared to Brundle.

Scott Speed only cares about one person.

Scott Speed.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

NtotheTC posted:

You pay for sky and are therefore way more responsible than Brundle for the poo poo commentary we have now.

F1 commentary post walker has always been bad I think the problem has always been that whoever has taken over the walker role has tried to be Murray walker and be all shouty and over excited and it just doesn't work you cannot replicate it and instead of putting their own stamp on things they just are all varying levels of a walker parody.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Scott Speed only cares about one person.

Scott Speed.

My answer does not change.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Jacques Villeneuve....
I hated their Jacques until FOM released that video about his WDC winning race where the vile hun Schumacher tried to crash into our Jacques and instead crashed himself out, now i love him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I hated their Jacques until FOM released that video about his WDC winning race where the vile hun Schumacher tried to crash into our Jacques and instead crashed himself out, now i love him.

Hell same. Jacques is the best.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Luca Badoer

Haha, god no. How the crap was he allowed in that Ferrari.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seriously though the real answer is: Andrea Dovizioso

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Brundle is obnoxious but no where near a level warranting hatred and castration.

Never forget Jonathan Legard who flew way too close to the sun. Peaked with F1 and also had his career destroyed by it.

My colleague met Brundle at a charity function before he even got the Sky gig.. Apparently he was a self important oval office, John Surtees was also there and was such a nice fella

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hexyflexy posted:

Luca Badoer

Haha, god no. How the crap was he allowed in that Ferrari.

Because Schumacher said he wasn't ready, and all the other options were tied up

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I actually like Jacques but he's pretty widely hated in and out of the paddock.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

Because Schumacher said he wasn't ready, and all the other options were tied up

The 2009 Ferrari was garbage and Badoer finally getting his chance was definitely an emotional one.

Marc Gene should have been given the drive imo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lotta good shitposting going on rn

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I actually like Jacques but he's pretty widely hated in and out of the paddock.

Only thing was that he definitely could've won Canada '98 and he pissed it up the wall trying to make an overtake that was never going to stick.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Seriously though the real answer is: Andrea Dovizioso

I thought this was still the “most hated driver” discussion and I was like WHAT THE gently caress????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

The 2009 Ferrari was garbage and Badoer finally getting his chance was definitely an emotional one.

why do you think Schumacher said he wasn't ready? The answer is above

• Locked thread