Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/who_remember/status/945798457964494848?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Probably the best add for VR that i’ve seen

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It got deleted. What was it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Correct; bullets are an important resource that makes you think even more carefully if you want to risk a counter. The lack of block is counterbalanced by dodging being stupid fast compared to Dark Souls.

am i the only person on the planet who just chunks up some blood bullets and then rallies like 90% of the health back or whats going on here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fix posted:

Someone horsing around in LA Noire VR. Probably got popped for pointing the revolver back at themselves.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

Oh poo poo that was fast. It was someone playing LA Noire in VR and poking people in the face.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Or because of accusations in the replies of "stealing" the video. It was probably a random person posting something they liked on their timeline, before the tweet started going viral.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

tweet my meat posted:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is pretty fun. I'm really enjoying trying to maximize my efficiency on various side missions. It's also surprisingly difficult. I'll be restarting more than a few times trying to complete the various "parkour to this place quickly" missions just to complete them non optimally. It was like $5 with PS+, so I'm definitely getting my money's worth.

If only they'd put in a VR patch for it...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It was probably this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It was.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That's it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Telltale Batman game runs like utter dogshit on PS4 so i'm not sure why Sony think it is a good fit for the first PS+ after a bunch of people got the console for Christmas.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Jesus H. Christ I'm dying. :laffo:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

spudsbuckley posted:

The Telltale Batman game runs like utter dogshit on PS4 so i'm not sure why Sony think it is a good fit for the first PS+ after a bunch of people got the console for Christmas.

Because they've already bought the console...

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Classic PS 4 Pro upsell

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

spudsbuckley posted:

Is it an interesting story? Like, can you gently caress poison ivy or harleyquin?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waltzing Along posted:

Is it an interesting story? Like, can you gently caress poison ivy or harleyquin?

They don't even exist in this universe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got myself Uncharted 4 and Journey; Uncharted 4 I could start the download from my PC, but for some reason Journey wouldn't let me, so I came over to the PS4 to trigger the download, went into 'purchased' and... there's Infinite Warfare in here?

I never bought it nor downloaded any demo, and it doesn't say 'demo' nor 'trial' in the title or anywhere else like other games, it outright says 'full game' in the description. What the hell?
On the bright side it's miles better than WW2 and still very active so if you want to shoot mans goons will hook you up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Classic PS 4 Pro upsell

You say this, but it actually runs perfectly fine on the Pro.

Honestly, more games will start going this way and there's not much anyone can do about it. Eventually we'll be getting Skyrim PS3 style single digit framerates on regular PS4 and the standard 30 or close to it on Pro.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Honestly, more games will start going this way and there's not much anyone can do about it. Eventually we'll be getting Skyrim PS3 style single digit framerates on regular PS4 and the standard 30 or close to it on Pro.

Literally kill me if this happens

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Telltale games never run particularly well, and since they don't seem to change engine since the ps3 times it'll probably not change. PS4Pro's being a little more powerful probably helps with that, but whoever plays their games probably knows what they're getting - it's not an unknown brand.

That being said, I'm glad for another VN on PS+, and Psychopass is an interesting anime.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Fame Douglas posted:

To disable ads on the home screen, go to Settings - System - Automatic Downloads - Uncheck Featured Content

I've had this turned off since launch and I still get these random games showing up on my dashboard every other month.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Fuzz posted:

yup. ps4 pro was one the more scummy and consumer unfriendly things sony has done in a while and it's a bummer how a lot of people paid hundreds of dollars to go along with it.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Attitude Indicator posted:

yup. ps4 pro was one the more scummy and consumer unfriendly things sony has done in a while and it's a bummer how a lot of people paid hundreds of dollars to go along with it.

I'm fine with paying more for a better machine and playing games at a higher quality, ~900p looks terrible.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Just wait until Sony unveils the PS4 Pro+. 599 US dollars.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Montalvo posted:

Bloodborne is a fine game but I cannot bring myself to do a second playthrough. Every time I die in a challenging area my brain just thinks: "you've done this slog before, why are you putting yourself through this again?"

Don't think too hard about it. Just go out and kill some beasts, it's just what hunters do.

amazeballs posted:

My current backlog of PS4 games:
  1. Horizon: Zero Dawn + DLC (currently working on finishing this)
  2. Bloodbourne
  3. Uncharted 4
  4. Nier: Automata
  5. Persona 5 (just picked this up in the sale)

Right now I am still in the honeymoon phase at my new job (first month) and working approx. 50 hour weeks.

This is my struggle.

:negative:

This post produces physical pain when read.

tweet my meat posted:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is pretty fun. I'm really enjoying trying to maximize my efficiency on various side missions. It's also surprisingly difficult. I'll be restarting more than a few times trying to complete the various "parkour to this place quickly" missions just to complete them non optimally. It was like $5 with PS+, so I'm definitely getting my money's worth.

This post produces physical pleasure when read.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kin posted:

It didn't click with me until someone explained the gameplay style. It's basically like Mario.

Of all the wild explanations I've seen of Soulsborne games, this one is a serious contender for the best.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Just name the next one ps5 and shout about how 'backwards capatable' it is and let people make games that work on 4/5 Or whatever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Bombadilillo posted:

Just name the next one ps5 and shout about how 'backwards capatable' it is and let people make games that work on 4/5 Or whatever.

I was spending some Christmas gift cards at the store yesterday and I overheard no less than 3 people say they thought that the ps4 pro was just a controller add on for the ps4 to an exasperated employee. You may be on to something here.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ryoga posted:

I was spending some Christmas gift cards at the store yesterday and I overheard no less than 3 people say they thought that the ps4 pro was just a controller add on for the ps4 to an exasperated employee. You may be on to something here.

It's wiiU all over again.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

It's wiiU all over again.

I legit thought that the 3DS was just a DS with a 3D screen to use with supported games for the longest time.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Just finished Infamous Second Son. It was a fun time waster. Nothing great but I'd say it is worth a play through if you are looking for:
  • narrative driven
  • fun characters with great voice acting
  • openworld-lite
  • melee is satisfying enough / nothing complicated

Game is beautiful to look at and the open-world is organized in chunks with small things to chew on in each. Yes, it gets repetitive but that's why I say it was a good time waster.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Maybe because that's the moniker Nintendo gave its pad controllers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Professor of Cats posted:

Just finished Infamous Second Son. It was a fun time waster. Nothing great but I'd say it is worth a play through if you are looking for:
  • narrative driven
  • fun characters with great voice acting
  • openworld-lite
  • melee is satisfying enough / nothing complicated

Game is beautiful to look at and the open-world is organized in chunks with small things to chew on in each. Yes, it gets repetitive but that's why I say it was a good time waster.

second son has one of my favorite to this very day dumb ps4 things which is turning your controller sideways and shaking it like a can of spray paint. the rattle noise coming out of the controller speaker is perfect

edit: also holding a ps4 controller like a can of spray paint the trigger is in exactly the right place, its really dumb and satisfying how that worked out

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

second son has one of my favorite to this very day dumb ps4 things which is turning your controller sideways and shaking it like a can of spray paint. the rattle noise coming out of the controller speaker is perfect

edit: also holding a ps4 controller like a can of spray paint the trigger is in exactly the right place, its really dumb and satisfying how that worked out

Yeah, it’s pretty much the only time I’ve really noticed the speaker or used the motion controls. It’s just so perfect.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Attitude Indicator posted:

This is stupid, especially when the competition literally made a console that has exclusive games the regular version can't play (a version of which they only released less than a year prior with a massive marketing campaign) but it's not an actual new generation of console, it's a weird stopgap that has a few extra bells and whistles but still mostly relies on the base generation's library to hold it up.

The PS4 was semi-outdated tech when it came out. It's still pretty solid, but considering Sony had a very long view with their strategy and wanted to put out VR for this generation (and had that plan since about a year into this generation's lifecycle, since that's when they started funding PSVR projects) and started working on the Pro at basically the same time they decided to go VR. This was because they knew the base PS4's tech just wasn't up to snuff to deliver reasonable quality VR graphics that could compete with the overall visual quality of this generation. It's very obvious that the Pro was their preferred platform to use the PSVR with, the fact that it also could upscale to 4K was just a bonus marketing thing since it released ahead of the VR to generate enough of an install base with the improved model so that when the PSVR came out, those that tried it out on the Pro would be utterly amazed and the platform would do well.

We'll see when the Holiday sales numbers are published in a few weeks, but I would honestly not be surprised if the PSVR alone outsold the X-Box One X, and that's not any Sony fanboyism on my part... Sony had over double the install base of MS, and Skyrim along with the insane PSVR deals made it sell like loving hotcakes... most stores I popped into were sold out on it and the Move controllers in the NYC area.

The fact that Sony didn't pull a complete "gently caress you, basic scrubs" and totally stop supporting the base PS4 model is admirable, since the One X literally has games you can't play on the basic model, just like the New 3DS has games that won't work on a regular 3DS. There won't be another major hardware revision, most likely, until 2020 at the earliest (to follow the 7 year timeline), and considering the ridiculously rapid pace of VR development and current gen PC gaming quality, to expect your 4+ year old system that is actually closer to 6+ years old in terms of system specs to continue to be relevant isn't a fault of Sony, it's a fault of your expectations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've been playing Second Son when I'm too tired to play challenging games, and it's decent. It's got a lot of heart and a lot of very obvious "we had a big vision and had to scale it back" type things.

The visuals are really strong. The gameplay is all over the place in terms of quality, but overall, they put together a pretty slick package.

I'm pretty excited for Ghost of Tsushima.

Snak fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 27, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fuzz posted:

This is stupid, especially when the competition literally made a console that has exclusive games the regular version can't play

Huh?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, it’s pretty much the only time I’ve really noticed the speaker or used the motion controls. It’s just so perfect.

Goddamn could you imagine Jet Grind (Set) Radiooooooo VR with that poo poo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Fuzz posted:

since the One X literally has games you can't play on the basic model

Which games? I apparently missed something.