Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

spacetoaster posted:

Posted this in a thread about idiots believing bullshit they shouldn't have believed. Figure you'd guys would want to hear it:

Reminds me of a murder case once.

Soldier goes on a deployment overseas to an out in the middle of nowhere place for a little over a year. Comes home to wife and kids, everything is fine for a little while.

Then, sporadically, over several months weird packages of cut up clothes and items start arriving at the house. Soldier tells his wife: "Ha ha, just a prank. Don't worry about it."

We find the guy dead in his back yard.

If you can't guess he found a lover while overseas and then ran off back to his family. Lover believed all the bullshit lies he told and went nuts when it all collapsed.

Local PD found the lover about a mile off base. Pulled over and ate a bullet.

*extra info for GiP*

It was actually a Marine. It was on some little island outpost. The lover was another Marine. The lover showed up at the house and the wife and kids ran upstairs to hide. The husband ran out the back door to get away. He went left when he should have ran to the right.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The great storyteller

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Don't PAS-13s take a bunch of AA batteries to work, and kill them in like half an hour?

Edit PAS-23s are pretty bitchin' though.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 27, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

A Bad Poster posted:

Don't PAS-13s take a bunch of AA batteries to work, and kill them in like half an hour?

We would get a counseling statement on deployment if we got caught on guard with the pas-13s powered on but we weren’t actively using them.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
My whole company had like two PAS-13s, or equivalanets or whatever, in Finnish Army, and they were the hottest poo poo. Couple leaders and marksmen got something that was maybe a PVS-5, and two PLs got like maybe the equivalent of PVS7. They looked the same, but I'm not sure if they are the same deal. And that's it, rest of the guys ate carrots. That is the biggest equipment disparity that still blows my mind in the US Army.

I'm rocking -20s and I am a punk medic.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 27, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Vahakyla posted:

Lmao little do they know, I go commando here in Italy too.

As someone with chronic testicular pain, who used to do this, I would recommend against it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Whatever you do, don't shave your balls.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Plenty of people seem to free ball in the Army, which I actually find weird. Using boxer briefs under ACUs is comfortable and hygienic. I don't see why freeballing is a good idea.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

The great storyteller

Sorry. It made sense in my head.

Which part is confusing?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

Sorry. It made sense in my head.

Which part is confusing?

Basically all of it because it's hard to keep track of who is who. Everything you wrote is fairly indefinite.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Basically all of it because it's hard to keep track of who is who. Everything you wrote is fairly indefinite.

My bad. It was a jilted lover who came back to the states and murdered the object of his obsession. Then committed suicide.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

spacetoaster posted:

My bad. It was a jilted lover who came back to the states and murdered the object of his obsession. Then committed suicide.

But also she was a veteran and probably was crazy regardless of her time with him? And didn't you say he died too?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zeris posted:

But also she was a veteran and probably was crazy regardless of her time with him? And didn't you say he died too?

Ok. Forget everything I wrote before. I'm going to try again. This was a murder case that woke me up to just how crazy people could be.

A Marine gets sent to a posting far away from home, leaving behind his wife and kids. He comes back from the deployment and starts receiving packages containing cut up clothing. He plays it off to his wife by telling her that it's just some other Marines playing a prank on him.

One morning, after having breakfast with his wife and kids, the Marine walks out the front door. The family hears a gunshot and he comes running back into the home. He tells his wife to take the kids upstairs and hide. After this, he runs out the back door of the house. He turns and runs left. Directly into the guy with the gun who then shoots him dead.

The man, who shot the Marine dead, is found off post after committing suicide.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 27, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The murderer was also a Marine, and a dude. He was so obsessed and pissed off that his lover had left him to go back to his wife and kids that he hunted him down and murdered him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

RIP gunny human being

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

RIP gunny human being

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

RIP gunny human being

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, that makes a lot more sense. But what's the significance of the cut up clothes?

Also:

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

RIP gunny human being

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. But what's the significance of the cut up clothes?

Also:

The crazy jilted lover was cutting up his clothes (that I'm assuming he left at his place) and sending them to the guy's house.

I'm also assuming it's a crazy lover thing?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

The crazy jilted lover was cutting up his clothes (that I'm assuming he left at his place) and sending them to the guy's house.

I'm also assuming it's a crazy lover thing?

That jilted lover? Albert Einstein

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Got my first command climate survey back as a commander and it's just dudes bitching about the CSM so cool for me I guess

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ashmole posted:

Got my first command climate survey back as a commander and it's just dudes bitching about the CSM so cool for me I guess

Welcome to command climate surveys.

Also bitching about taskings from higher.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ashmole posted:

we did a command climate survey and ripped our CO a new one. across the board, everybody said he was a piece of poo poo.

he made major shortly after we got back.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Ashmole posted:

A solid 98% of responses I received were related to the CGs policy banning sports PT. Nice of the csm to take the heat for ya.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

RIP gunny human being

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Banning sports pt is so goddamn dumb.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

RIP gunny human being

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex posted:

pt is so goddamn dumb.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
In most sports PT here, most of dudes, including me, put more effort and energy into it than most other morning PT.
I'm a PT weakling right now though, so what do I know.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sports PT can be fun but some dumbass tryhards always getting people injured for no good reason.

drat, bruh, you won the pickup game of flickerball and all, but I’m not sure you had to shatter someone’s bones to do it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

mlmp08 posted:

Sports PT can be fun but some dumbass tryhards always getting people injured for no good reason.

drat, bruh, you won the pickup game of flickerball and all, but I’m not sure you had to shatter someone’s bones to do it.

It's that. people get insanely competitive for a loving game of flag football

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
The guys bitched about the CSM because he had called all the NCOs mediocre and then that trickled down I guess.

I hated mandatory ultimate football at MCCC because people took it so god drat serious it wasn't fun

If my troop does sports PT we just do it offpost. We did a turkey bowl doing that because the guys said they never did one in the unit before so there we go

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yall have obviously never seen someone get tackled on concrete in two touch football pt and break something

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

yall have obviously never seen someone get tackled on concrete in two touch football pt and break something

I know you were a Marine and you have a hard time reading, so I'll forgive you missing all of the last posts talking about people getting too competitive and breaking poo poo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I know you were a Marine and you have a hard time reading, so I'll forgive you missing all of the last posts talking about people getting too competitive and breaking poo poo

its because I got tackled into concrete

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
MODERN ARMY COMBATIVES PROGRAM is officially sanctioned by the Department of Army for all your unnecessary career ending injury needs!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

same but trick play at camp udari where one if us would hide in the port o johns in the middle of the field and pop out to break collarbones

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’ve also never met a group of people dumb enough to play tackle football on concrete but then again, army.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mods change my name posted:

MODERN ARMY COMBATIVES PROGRAM is officially sanctioned by the Department of Army for all your unnecessary career ending injury needs!!!

Everybody at my place just does jiu-jitsu.

And since it's an off post gym run by civilians who know what the gently caress they're doing nobody really gets stupid, or hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The smartest thing I ever did in the army is say in the combatives level 1 class "this is loving stupid" which got me kicked out and I never had to go back.