Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you cant play pubg on either model :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

rabidsquid posted:

pubg is kind of a garbage phenomenon, but I'll gladly take it over Overwatch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

pubg is kind of a garbage phenomenon, but I'll gladly take it over Overwatch.

me, a lifelong troika/obsidian fan and huge hypocrite: give me the game that actually runs, thanks.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

uh, yeah, i don't really care what xbox and nintendo are doing because i haven't bought one of their consoles, but i do care that i bought a console that had an incrimental update a couple of years later, making the one i own work worse with the products intended for it well before expected obsolescense. it's not a huge world problem but it's still annyoing.

rabidsquid posted:

isn't that coming to consoles?
E: wait, nevermind, i'm to dumb to get the joke

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

rabidsquid posted:

me, a lifelong troika/obsidian fan and huge hypocrite: give me the game that actually runs, thanks.

hey now, Arcanum ran... sort of. kinda. maybe. sometimes. and it loving owned.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
That LA Noire VR video is pretty much the first thing I've seen that makes me think that I need VR.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There's barely any reason to buy a pro unless you have a super fancy TV, I don't know why that's so consumer unfriendly. Christ, not long ago this thread was whining that not enough games took advantage of it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's barely any reason to buy a pro unless you have a super fancy TV

Nah, it'll make a very noticeable difference even with a 1080p tv. Doesn't mean it's a major upgrade, and it's up to you whether it's worth the price tag.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's barely any reason to buy a pro unless you have a super fancy TV, I don't know why that's so consumer unfriendly. Christ, not long ago this thread was whining that not enough games took advantage of it.

hello. these posts you are reading are from different people. different people might have different opinions.
i think the pro is consumer unfriendly because it makes the product i bought outdated a lot earlier than i expected it to. this makes me super mad.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok fine I got BB, GOSH

and Lords of the Fallen

heh j/k about the latter

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's barely any reason to buy a pro unless you have a super fancy TV
Any game worth playing has a performance option as well as a resolution option for the Pro benefits. Those obviously don't need a 4K TV.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just finished Hellblade yesterday and I wish I had a Pro just for the 60fps option.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I figured everyone in the US had a 4K TV.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Attitude Indicator posted:

hello. these posts you are reading are from different people. different people might have different opinions.
i think the pro is consumer unfriendly because it makes the product i bought outdated a lot earlier than i expected it to. this makes me super mad.

Eh, the PS4 has been around for 5 years, that's a whole system lifetime not that long ago. How long were you expecting it to last? Also, "super mad"? I mean, you could still enjoy your PS4. It's not like the games coming out for it even today don't run on it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

It really sucks that your PS4 crumbled into dust the moment someone first purchased a Pro. loving bummer man

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

jesus tapdancing christmas people

:siren:Bloodborne:siren:

COMPLETE EDITION $17.49

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodborne-C...5017a02c2f73022

Literally the best deal in all of gaming

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't own a PS4 until I bought the Pro when it came out, so all you PS Poors can suck it while I enjoy 4K ULTRA HD GAMING. Although I had it for about 6 months before I realized my settings were not configured properly and I may not have been outputting 4K from the system lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

jesus tapdancing christmas people

:siren:Bloodborne:siren:

COMPLETE EDITION $17.49

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodborne-C...5017a02c2f73022

Literally the best deal in all of gaming
Ummm, everyone should already own GOAT Bloodborne.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Both the launch PS4 and XB1 were pretty underpowered for an entire console leap. I feel like the Pro is just baseline where this generation should have been at.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I actually played a proper couple of hours of GT Sport this evening what with the addition of the new-old mode and whatnot.

It's a loving amazing game but it makes it even more frustrating that Polyphony are so goddamn slow at development.

Still find it hilarious that they thought their servers were getting DDoSed for the past couple of days because of the sheer amount of people trying to log in to play the game.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

acksplode posted:

It really sucks that your PS4 crumbled into dust the moment someone first purchased a Pro. loving bummer man

it's not even the good kind of dust

XtraSmiley posted:

Eh, the PS4 has been around for 5 years, that's a whole system lifetime not that long ago. How long were you expecting it to last? Also, "super mad"? I mean, you could still enjoy your PS4. It's not like the games coming out for it even today don't run on it.

the pro came out 3 years after the original. i think that's a bit to close.
the super mad was a joke, as long as my console plays BB i'm good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I really regret jumping on the gun and buying Bloodborne Non-Complete edition on sale right after getting my PS4. At this point someday I'll end doing the utterly ridiculous act of buying the GOTY Edition of a game I already own because it's cheaper than the DLC that never goes on sale.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

It's $13.99 if you have PS+

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ok fine I got BB, GOSH

and Lords of the Fallen

heh j/k about the latter

Iyou should be ashamed that you are the OP of the PS4 thread and you literally just bought BB. SHAME.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

1redflag posted:

Iyou should be ashamed that you are the OP of the PS4 thread and you literally just bought BB. SHAME.

I made this like 4 years ago and keep saying someone else should make a new one but :effort:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

1redflag posted:

Inshallah, in a few years time most "Bloodborne sales" will be honeypots set up by the government to entrap the remaining few outlaws who haven't yet platted it and earned their first-class citizenship.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samuringa posted:

I figured everyone in the US had a 4K TV.

i have an old plasma tv that i will keep until one of us dies

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I read more about video games than actually play them. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Housh posted:

I read more about video games than actually play them. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

I don't know about you, but for me it's cause I can read and post about them when I'm at work.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i do too but thats because i am too sick to play games very often or for very long. i think the longest gaming session i've had in the entire calendar year may have been two hours

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Samuringa posted:

Of all the wild explanations I've seen of Soulsborne games, this one is a serious contender for the best.

Why? It's pretty spot on. People are frightened to play soulsborn games because they're 'hard'. But they're only really hard in the sense that they look like your typical hack and slash RPG, but the core gameplay death mechanics are much closer to an old school platformer.

One view has people banging their head against a wall and quitting in frustration, the other sets the expectation of 'you're going back to the last checkpoint to try and do it better' instead of 'gently caress, I gotta kill everything again'.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

loving insane, i'm going to have a goddamn aneurysm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Both the launch PS4 and XB1 were pretty underpowered for an entire console leap. I feel like the Pro is just baseline where this generation should have been at.

The cpu on both ps/xbox are too weak even in the upgrades

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I bought Bloodborne on a PS+ sale for like $4 over the summer.

Greatest deal ever?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Krime posted:

Greatest deal ever?

Did you buy Old Hunters?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Krime posted:

Greatest deal ever?

I think that was the exact same mistake I made

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's a real shame I can't fiddle with ascension and gear while Ignis is driving.

I'm really digging how chill this game is so far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the roadtrip stuff is the best part of ff15 imo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Hey I heard u guys like bloodborne I like bloodborne too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the roadtrip stuff is the best part of ff15 imo

I loved FFXV even with its flaws because the guys are just super lovable and the road trip is great. Cooking with Iggy and going fishing. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

JBP posted:

I loved FFXV even with its flaws because the guys are just super lovable and the road trip is great. Cooking with Iggy and going fishing. Good times.

Same. It was alright and sufficiently old school anime weird non sequitur when it railroaded to the finish. But driving with bros was top drawer.