Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I thought the new episode was tonight, but alas, it's next Friday.

As far as things being "off model" goes, the only one I can remember bugging me while I watched it was Pearl in "Adventures in Light Distortion":

Yeesh.

Judging from Steven, it's clearly an intentional move and whilst it furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Raven Molisee is no longer on the show, she can't hurt you anymore

actually I like Raven's boards and pointy nose pearl. Her nose has been a bit too big and blunt from most boarders nowadays

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
IMHO Connie's animation is realtime distracting when she's off-model, which is often.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I want to see more of the gem empire and their messed up society.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I want to see more of the gem empire and their messed up society.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hopefully Lars of the Stars will touch more on that. Also, that's a great title.

Still placing my bets on a future arc being a diamond vs diamond civil war. Possibly ending with the Crystal Gems having to act as an arbitrator, given they'd be the only neutral party.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly a Diamond vs Diamond conflict is pretty much the only way I can see the show end in a way that makes any sense

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly a Diamond vs Diamond conflict is pretty much the only way I can see the show end in a way that makes any sense

Yeah same here, although I'm not quite sure if it makes sense for Yellow and Blue Diamond's tiff over what happened to Pink to escalate into some kind of civil war.

Especially considering how White Diamond slots into this. Unless she's a fusion or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

khwarezm posted:

Yeah same here, although I'm not quite sure if it makes sense for Yellow and Blue Diamond's tiff over what happened to Pink to escalate into some kind of civil war.

Especially considering how White Diamond slots into this. Unless she's a fusion or something.

Kinda figuring that if Yellow and/or White Diamond were involved in the shattering of Pink Diamond, for whatever reason, that's enough to shake the Diamond Authority to the core- especially since, y'know, Blue has literally been crying over Pink Diamond constantly since she was shattered some time around six thousand years ago.

They already literally fought a war, used an indiscriminate superweapon to effectively wipe out all Gems on Earth to end it, set up yet another superweapon out of the corpses, and it's clear there's going to be no forgiveness to the perpetrator, and a desperate need for closure- even when 'Rose' voluntarily gives herself up and confesses to the crime. I don't think Blue's the type to take it well if it turns out her sisters have been pulling the wool over her eyes all these millennia and letting her suffer while not even knowing who to blame.

Plus, it'd lead into yet another parallel to Transformers. (Really, it's funny watching Transformers Animated because at times it comes off as a gender-swapped SU)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was humans that won Blue over in the ideological conflict, not Steven and the Crystal Gems. We've already seen her make progress in her mood after speaking to Greg and him empathising with the loss of her sister due to the loss of his wife. I wouldn't be surprised to have a scene of her speaking with Nanefua about the pressures of leadership at some point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

mods pls make the term "butthurt" a bannable offense

Not bannable but anyone who uses the term from this point on is getting a sixer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Disturbing.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Say Nothing posted:

Disturbing.

20+ seasons of SU would probably turn everyone in the world gay.

Also, Simpsgems.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Not bannable but anyone who uses the term from this point on is getting a sixer.

Finally, I've been the change I wish to see in the world. :neckbeard:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TwoPair posted:

Finally, I've been the change I wish to see in the world. :neckbeard:

Use this power wisely

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Teen Titans confirmed for republicans. Coal!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I think my copy of Save The Light might be glitched? I mean in the sense that an item in The Ancient Charging Station of The Woods isn't appearing, unless I already got it. I'm only missing one mystery item from the area and I have everything else. The level up charm isn't where it would be behind the wall so I'm assuming I either already got it and it's some other item I can't find, or my game is broken and stupid.

EDIT: Disregard, it was the loving Together Forever Breakfast on the upper area I was missing.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 25, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Checks out.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My parents got the The Answer picture book for Christmas - loved the story told in the margins, that was a neat touch. "Wait, this isn't right... this page should not exist!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mmm... chocolate.

calcite with hematite

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TRE2MJM2Eg

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

khwarezm posted:

You see, this is one of the reasons why I'm being such a dickhead about this, my complaint isn't exactly unfair or unwarranted
Nobody said it was unfair or unwarranted to state your preference. It's your insistence that an artistic choice was objectively bad people are taking issue with. You prefer a different style. Many of us prefer this style. That's fine. But your stubborn claim that we're somehow wrong for liking things this way is just obnoxious.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
My god dude, take it to PMs if you really want to keep at it.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Hey, I just came back into this thread after so long of not having seen new episodes. It's a shame that the show hasn't been allowed to air new episodes and keep it's momentum, but perhaps the effort is not blow through all of the remaining backlog? Or perhaps it's to stifle a genuinely charming show that tries a lot of unique things. :( I'm going to try and think that there's no malice involved with the hiatus though, and look forward to what new episodes may come.

Is there a place beyond having to download Itunes where I can listen to the official SU podcast?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I could buy the malice/stifling argument if we were still in the first season, but after 130+ episodes that is serious paranoid fan conspiracy theory territory. Cartoon Network is trying to sell ad space based on a majority child audience--Steven Universe is not part of Adult Swim, remember--and Teen Titans Go is what pulls the most eyeballs. No grand plot, action heavy, simple jokes, easy to jump into, ties in with the current superhero movie craze, helps sell toys. This is frustrating for us fans but the show is not about to be canceled because of some uptight parents or close-minded executives. Also when the hell did Steven Universe Monopoly happen, this is the first I've seen of it.

For the podcast, I use the Doggcatcher app on my phone and it works great. As to the content, I think they made a mistake by choosing a fan to be the host--McKenzie really needs to shut up and just let her interview subjects talk instead of excitedly interjecting her own takes just when Dee Dee or Rebecca start to get on a roll--but that's honestly not a huge deal overall and she's gradually been improving.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 28, 2017

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

EagerSleeper posted:

Is there a place beyond having to download Itunes where I can listen to the official SU podcast?

If you want to do it the easy way, play 'em all in your browser or load the RSS feed into you favorite non-Apple podcast app. MP3s are versatile like that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

rockopete posted:

I could buy the malice/stifling argument if we were still in the first season, but after 130+ episodes that is serious paranoid fan conspiracy theory territory. Cartoon Network is trying to sell ad space based on a majority child audience--Steven Universe is not part of Adult Swim, remember--and Teen Titans Go is what pulls the most eyeballs. No grand plot, action heavy, simple jokes, easy to jump into, ties in with the current superhero movie craze, helps sell toys. This is frustrating for us fans but the show is not about to be canceled because of some uptight parents or close-minded executives. Also when the hell did Steven Universe Monopoly happen, this is the first I've seen of it.

For the podcast, I use the Doggcatcher app on my phone and it works great. As to the content, I think they made a mistake by choosing a fan to be the host--McKenzie really needs to shut up and just let her interview subjects talk instead of excitedly interjecting her own takes just when Dee Dee or Rebecca start to get on a roll--but that's honestly not a huge deal overall and she's gradually been improving.

There may be no grand conspiracy, but the long hiatus has 100% hurt the show. A lot of people I know have dropped it, and even with the new episodes and podcast it's getting considerably less online chatter than it used to.

Again, I don't think this is something Cartoon Network did on purpose, they just gambled with the shows ability to retain an audience during an indefinite absense and lost.

There's still time to win back the crowd, but man Cartoon Network hasn't made it easy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Steven Universe: Reaching new heights in 2018!

Make Height Chat bannable. Holy gently caress noone cares

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
The scheduling has absolutely hurt the show. A year ago my anticipation for new SU was so white-hot I would try and catch leaks to get the new stuff ASAP Now I barely care. I'll still watch new material if/when it comes out, but the 'magic' is gone, fwiw.l Maybe it will come back. Maybe not.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Eela6 posted:

The scheduling has absolutely hurt the show. A year ago my anticipation for new SU was so white-hot I would try and catch leaks to get the new stuff ASAP Now I barely care. I'll still watch new material if/when it comes out, but the 'magic' is gone, fwiw.l Maybe it will come back. Maybe not.

Same. If it wasn't for this thread I'd have no idea there were new episodes coming and I probably wouldn't even watch them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can we just agree that heights and proportions change depending on who is drawing the episode?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Doesn't help when after a long uncertain wait we get batches of kinda bad or dull episodes, like the last one. :shrug:

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Height chat was getting boring, so let’s go back to the fruitful vein of complaining about scheduling and theorizing why the show is surely doomed

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Individual storyboarders have their own styles.
https://twitter.com/neo_rama/status/733799642106867712

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 28, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Eela6 posted:

I'm in a similar boat, we went almost six months with absolutely no word of when new episodes are going to come out, it's a great show but the schedule is bullshit. Having a regular feed allowed for fan theories, speculation and enthusiasm. I didn't even bother to rewatch the last batch. :smith:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I thought Raising the Barn and Back to the Kindergarten were pretty good.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Yeah I enjoyed this last batch. So far only Onion Gang and maybe Future Boy Zoltron have left me totally cold.

I'm also not into speculation, fan theories, and most online fandom in general (except fanart), so not having those things doesn't bother me.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 28, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

misadventurous posted:

Height chat was getting boring, so let’s go back to the fruitful vein of complaining about scheduling and theorizing why the show is surely doomed

Hey wait we haven't complained about townie episodes yet, there's an order, don't try to cut in line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TwoPair posted:

Hey wait we haven't complained about townie episodes yet, there's an order, don't try to cut in line!

It's been 8 months since http://keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com/ updated.