Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Sharkopath posted:

Tnc crashes Everytime I open the steam overlay and I have to reload anytime there's water because it starts reflecting all light sources against themselves until the entire level is like the inside of a star. Very unpleasant.

I like the shotgun though.

Why doesn't GB have a best shotgun award, that seems like something Jeff would get super into arguing over.

yeah disabling steam overlay stopped most of the crashing. i hit that reflection bug hard in the sewer level where you're riding the panzerhound, my fps slowly dropped from 144 to <1 by the end of the level. if it wasn't for easiest difficulty basically being god mode i dont think i could have beaten it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

idk why but this is a lot less fun to listen to than it normally is.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

fadam posted:

Same. Although usually I only listen to Day 5 right away and then the rest whenever I feel like it. So maybe just more than I'm used to, but idk...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy gently caress a 3+ hour hitman video!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Holy gently caress a 3+ hour hitman video!!!

YES

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just starting Day 3 of the GOTYcasts. Gonna have to skip the last bit until I finish Right in the Feels. Err, I mean Night in the Woods, the 10 hour indie feels game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The GiantBomb 2017 Please Stop Winner: The Best World Category

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The GiantBomb 2017 Please Stop Winner: The Best World Category

I dunno this Wolfenstein one is pretty bad. It might not win but I just wanted to say my peace about it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Have any of the previous winners of the Please Stop category ever stopped?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brad's performance in this Hitsmas video is legendary.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Squeezy Farm posted:

i liked wolf new order and even beat teh expansion but havent played past the third mission of the new one. idk.

I will never EVER! forgive this game for doing this poo poo to Twisted Sister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQ4fyw5zzM

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Happy with the moments they chose. I wouldve liked the new donk city concert more if it wasnt spoiled for me in the quick look.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I'm skipping wolfenstein moment. 3:35:00 if you want to too.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMqcQ73FAw

Soral
May 30, 2009

abby is, for some reason, unable to argue in defense of any game except for one she never played

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

fadam posted:

agreed, it’s kinda a bummer

also I was 100% with jeff on world-as-setting and him getting railroaded with “that’ll get brought up with best story” (which lol no it won’t) was pretty maddening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

abby is, for some reason, unable to argue in defense of any game except for one she never played

every argument from her is "I just think it's really good!" and then nothing to substantiate it.only uses the words good and bad to characterize things. its so worthless lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm still listening to Best World from yesterday and it's clear this category was not thought out at all and it's bizarre how Jeff and Jason are the only ones confounded by it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm still listening to Best World from yesterday and it's clear this category was not thought out at all and it's bizarre how Jeff and Jason are the only ones confounded by it

Jeff sez: Next year they're going to write up a short paragraph and define each category so it doesn't happen again.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW the definition of a category changes depending on who's talking yet everyone agrees with each new idea like that makes any sense at all

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Worst Trend should be Jason playing lots of anime games and other Japanese stuff and not being allowed to talk about them on the podcast

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

every argument from her is "I just think it's really good!" and then nothing to substantiate it.only uses the words good and bad to characterize things. its so worthless lol

She comes off as a bit of a pinhead to be honest.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s also her first year doing this stuff and I can imagine it’s a bit intimidating. Austin had it right bringing notes.

Picked up Pyre after hearing about it on the GOTY stuff. Had no idea Supergiant released a game this year. It’s really fuckin neat. Probably the best “1/2 visual novel 1/2 sports rpg” I’ve ever played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I thought people were exaggerating but I just heard a sentence in day 2 during best surprise where she used the word good about 7 times. Incredible. Maybe she's just nervous

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

shes like 12 in a room for of 35-40 year old dudes who were doing this before she was born so i bet shes pretty nervours

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fluffdaddy posted:

shes like 12 in a room for of 35-40 year old dudes who were doing this before she was born so i bet shes pretty nervours

its understandable, but it still isnt good to listen to

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

its understandable, but it still isnt good to listen to

true but she is only half as bad as alex during these things who has introduced a category with no definition and spent like 30 minuted painfully arguing about firepro wrestling which isnt even eligible

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Listening to Day 4 now. Ben is onto something during "Best Debut" when he says pubg is kind of an odd nominee. I think they should revise what that category means so that its unique and not just a preview of the Top 10.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fluffdaddy posted:

true but she is only half as bad as alex during these things who has introduced a category with no definition and spent like 30 minuted painfully arguing about firepro wrestling which isnt even eligible

aw no way, ive been liking alex’s effort & contributions so far even if theyre usually for games im not interested in

Dershiva
Jun 8, 2001

My spoon is too big
Fun Shoe

Fluffdaddy posted:

I enjoyed Jeff using his Manager Voice and going "if this was that important to you you should have fought for it when we set the rules about early access games."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dershiva posted:

I enjoyed Jeff using his Manager Voice and going "if this was that important to you you should have fought for it when we set the rules about early access games."

the hosed up part is that FIre Pro Wrestling ended up coming out before PUBG.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Not a huge Alex fan, but hes good on goty

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I like Alex but just not on GOTY for some reason. I just want to hear more from Jason I think :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

loving how many categories open with "so cuphead/PUBG is a lock right?" and everyone nodding

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Ben: There's nothing you can point to in [pubg] that's original
Brad: That's true of all these games

????

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Even though it was a BIG YEAR for games I think I played none of the big games theyre talking about in deliberations and spent the year playing small games and old games mostly so that's why the casts aren't doing it this year.

I hope Vinny remembers Sexy Brutale for best Moment or Best Style cause that game was super cool and I want more people to know about it. Cool little game that plays with some of the mechanics from ghost trick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Even though it was a BIG YEAR for games I think I played none of the big games theyre talking about in deliberations and spent the year playing small games and old games mostly so that's why the casts aren't doing it this year.

I hope Vinny remembers Sexy Brutale for best Moment or Best Style cause that game was super cool and I want more people to know about it. Cool little game that plays with some of the mechanics from ghost trick.

It was so weird that they've spent so long discussing Uncharted 7 in a best surprise category. Kinda emblematic of the whole process

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Not a huge Alex fan, but hes good on goty

"pubg feels very resonant with our times"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

its nice to hear yakuza 0 brought up, even if its only because they played it for the site. That series is so good