Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Watch Chinatown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

If you had to spend 3 years in a really rough prison or 6 months in the front lines of a war which would you pick?

If I do prison, do I come out with a criminal record at the end of it? If I do, then front lines. At least if I come back I can take advantage of the sweet military discounts, broken women who only date military men, and random weirdos thanking me for my service :911:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

"More German troops surrendered during 2 months of the Truman Administration than during 4 years of FDR's. In summation FDR was a lazy poo poo that didn't accomplish anything. Thank You"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

and random weirdos thanking me for my service :911:

Happens more than you'd think, too. I was wearing my old camo pants today because I had a 9 hour receiving shift with 5 truckloads of furniture so I wore the worst old poo poo I have. Between pulling skids of tables off a truck just had a random customer on the loading dock ask me the usual questions and thank me out of nowhere.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

random weirdos thanking me for my service :911:

This is the worst part. It’s guaranteed to end every conversation in the most uncomfortable way possible

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shangri-Law School posted:

Rampant false equivalence will also be the death of us all.

Who was making false equivalency?

If you were talking abour lovely democrats than who the gently caress are you talking about.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

If you had to spend 3 years in a really rough prison or 6 months in the front lines of a war which would you pick?

I volunteered to do the latter, brother

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

War without a doubt. Not only is "front line service" not always on the actual front line but after your term is done you get benefits and poo poo. The only thing you get out of prison is the inability to ever get a decent job again.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is the worst part. It’s guaranteed to end every conversation in the most uncomfortable way possible

Lol I told some random dudes at a bar that I worked on offshore oil rigs and they bought me a beer and thanked me for my service :wtf:

That's some this is are country poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Lol I told some random dudes at a bar that I worked on offshore oil rigs and they bought me a beer and thanked me for my service :wtf:

That's some this is are country poo poo

Was it the state oil rig or federal?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Here is my Star Wars hot take:

Any movie that people have to get this deep into to defend why it was good, is not a good movie.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Here is my Star Wars hot take:

Any movie that people have to get this deep into to defend why it was good, is not a good movie.

a solid take

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hotter take, the fact that it made so many star wars fans mad means it's a good movie

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

:lol: well it's definitely holiday time. Got my dad to throw a screaming fit when I dared to question his statement that Mike Pence was prudent to never be in a room alone with a woman.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Hotter take, the fact that it made so many star wars fans mad means it's a good movie

Hottest take: the fact that there are so many is more of an indication of how retarded literally every star wars fan in tyool 2017 is. Especially when you consider how loving bad they all are

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am kinda burned out on the arguing star wars thing :/

I wanna argue about Bright some more

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'll take the walk on part in a war over a lead role in a cage.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my Star Wars take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK10F6iA8E

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just at Target and the armored car dude collecting the cash had a full on flak vest with 8 loving spare magazine pockets.

Some stores do a cool million a day during peak. Granted, most is with credit card sales but still plenty of cash purchases especially if they have a hot food area.

Edit: that was 10 years ago, they probably lost a lot of physical media sales (cds, dvds) since then

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 28, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hot take, Star Wars is fun as hell and if you were 7 and seeing all the films re-released, and you were 9 and seeing trailers for a BRAND NEW loving STAR WARS FILM that you didn't see coming and then you had the Taco Bell tie-in poo poo before you got to see space road racing and backflips with lasers and poo poo, you absolutely enjoy it for what it is, which is an event, y'know, like New Years or whatever.

It's not a loving Lars von Trier film that you have to parse, it's Star Wars. It either sucks because it went too far up its own rear end or it rules because it had Yoda with a lightsaber or a sarcastic battle droid, or it was okay like Return of/ Last of the Jedi and you had fun.

Now Batman films, those are serious business.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Return of the Jedi throne room is the greatest motion picture ever made.

Real loving shame about literally everything else.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mine: https://youtu.be/gZEdDMQZaCU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

Was it the state oil rig or federal?

Nice reference and I'm shaking my head that noone else chuckled at it.

RIP Tom.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Star Wars defense is approaching Prometheus levels of nonsense

"well the characters act stupidly because it's establishing a theme"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

Sir, I have seen Prometheus, I have known Prometheus, and sir, let me tell you, Star Wars is no Prometheus

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Indiana Jones was pretty cool

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Prometheus is camp that's mocking the genre. It's hilarious

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Best Star Wars film is Phantom Menace.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Prometheus is camp that's mocking the genre. It's hilarious

go back 2 cd

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Who was making false equivalency?

If you were talking abour lovely democrats than who the gently caress are you talking about.

I was complaining about media types who keep running Trump voter profiles and worry so much about having a liberal bias that they slide right into a conservative bias. Not sure how this became about the Dems or "the Resistance."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The best star wars film was The Fifth Element.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Preach it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Best part of 5th element was it was pg-13 and had hella boobs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Word

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Fifth Element isn't a Star Wars film, it's what happens when you tell a French pervert to make a Star Wars film

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blade runner 2049 was cool as gently caress.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

No, that's Dune.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also I wasn't saying Prometheus was a brilliant movie, it's sort of like Starship Troopers where the satire/camp isn't handled correctly so most people miss the mark. You can appreciate it if you go in with the right expectations though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

BlindSite posted:

Blade runner 2049 was cool as gently caress.

Might be the first thing we agree on

• Locked thread