Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

why do you think Schumacher said he wasn't ready? The answer is above

No, see, it was his neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually like Brundle as a driver. I consider him to be one of the best to never win a race.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

The Croc posted:

F1 commentary post walker has always been bad I think the problem has always been that whoever has taken over the walker role has tried to be Murray walker and be all shouty and over excited and it just doesn't work you cannot replicate it and instead of putting their own stamp on things they just are all varying levels of a walker parody.

Pretty much. Jonathan Legard is a solid sports anchor and football radio man type person, David Croft is by all accounts excellent at everything that isn't F1, James Allen is... But yeah.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

No, see, it was his neck

:discourse:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I actually like Brundle as a driver. I consider him to be one of the best to never win a race.

You're right, Brundle was OK. I think given the opportunity Herbert had in the Benetton, he would have done better. It's a shame he's become quite an insufferable toad over the past few years

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yeah, really. People seem to forget or not know that Brundle was also a Big Deal in sports car racing when WSC was booming and he won thje 24 hours in 1990.

Brundle is pretty darn good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I liked Brundle because he proved that Senna was not as good as everyone thought he was and was mostly just in the right place at the right time. Thank god he's dead now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

1500quidporsche posted:

I liked Brundle because he proved that Senna was not as good as everyone thought he was and was mostly just in the right place at the right time. Thank god he's dead now.

Unfortunately Brundle is still alive and commentating for Sky (and soon to be everyone else I guess)

\/\/\/ ^5

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Thank god he's dead now.

I wish I could say this about Brundle

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

:mrapig:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I wish I could say this about Max Verstappen

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Brundle was once a pretty great driver and also a pretty great pundit. However though, now he is just a bitter man who uses his commentating as a crux to air his F1 political opinions. I am afraid to say he has had his day.

Those who are lambasting Coulthard. OK, you may not have liked him as a driver, but my god he is an excellent pundit on C4 and just oozes charisma, especially when he does anything with Mark Webber. When they do the grid walk as a pair it is pure comedy genius.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Brundle got the rub of the green in British F3. I mean, gently caress, Allan Berg was as good.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We've already had Fernando Alonso posted like two pages back, why bother coming up with more suggestions?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brundle is the worst thing about modern motorsport.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

The second worst thing is when Herbert and Hill are on screen at the same time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

Pretend I reposted Hamilton in that onesie as a rebuttal.

Edit:

Or the video of him shouting at a literal child because the little lad was wearing a princess costume.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

1500quidporsche posted:

Thank god he's dead now.

This is not funny or classy even if you were being facetious

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels like a burg night tonight, gonna fire up that grill.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

You're right, Brundle was OK. I think given the opportunity Herbert had in the Benetton, he would have done better. It's a shame he's become quite an insufferable toad over the past few years

I thought Schumacer forced Herbert out of the Benetton team as he saw him as a threat

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Unfetered One posted:

I disagree.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Feels like a burg night tonight, gonna fire up that grill.

Are you making a-Lauda ones?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Unfetered One posted:

It’s actually hilarious.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you making a-Lauda ones?

Burned on high heat but still fleshy and juicy :discourse:

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

wicka posted:

It’s actually hilarious.

Of course

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
senna, like bossberg, went out like a champ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OhsH posted:

senna, like bossberg, went out like a champ

He had 0 points when he died, which put him on track, by the Feels Villeneuve Method of statistical projection, to score 0 points total in the 1994 F1 season. Really bad.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He had 0 points when he died, which put him on track, by the Feels Villeneuve Method of statistical projection, to score 0 points total in the 1994 F1 season. Really bad.

A sound projection. Hits you right in the chest.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i want to say technically rosberg also had 0 points when he retired

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Burned on high heat but still fleshy and juicy :discourse:

Glad you got a cast iron pan for Christmas, OP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress off I grilled outside.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he was actually not classified at all in the 1994 F1 season

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rhopunzel posted:

So technically he never raced in the 1994 F1 season. Ergo he couldn't have possibly died while taking part in a Grand Prix that season.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ah, yes, Luca Badoer's stint in the 2009 Ferrari reminds me much of Senna's stint in the 1994 Williams

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

gently caress off I grilled outside.

Grilldo

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Rhopunzel posted:

What's your source on that, most records have him classified

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

djssniper posted:

What's your source on that, most records have him classified

the records on wiki have always shown his final position as NC in the 1994 season

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

the records on wiki have always shown his final position as NC in the 1994 season

Wikipedia literally melted down over what country flag to use for the Korean Grand Prix. That was the end of me using them as a credible source for anything.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

1500quidporsche posted:

Wikipedia literally melted down over what country flag to use for the Korean Grand Prix. That was the end of me using them as a credible source for anything.

What were the options?

I remember the German Grand Prix thing before the announced on the track, where some didn't want a flag because it totally could have been in Luxembourg (or whatever) so don't put a flag until we know where the track for the German Grand Prix is located.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

What? Melted down over what? There's only one flag.

• Locked thread