Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Truga posted:

also, where's the gulag intensity on that poo poo??

Work camp is pc liberal for gulag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Wait is tarbrush a member of the libdems

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

woke camp

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

no that's concentration camps, gulags are obviously very different, because they're communist

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

meats back on the menu boys!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Truga posted:

no that's concentration camps, gulags are obviously very different, because they're communist

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
lol that won't save you from the camps

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
mining coal in Corbyn's northern gulags

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quote:

/

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
jezzinist will be the first man to get interned lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

jezzinist will be the first man to get interned lol

ill get a good five minutes writing the lists though you loving kulak

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

uk leftism is extremely advanced, they're gonna skip straight to the 'eating it's own children' part of the revolution and send guardian writers to the gulags while rees-mogg gets a 5% top marginal tax rate increase to fund steel industry subsidies

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
that was unnecessary. sorry. Im actually too lowly to be purged though

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
marshals are shot, bottom feeding scum like me just step in line

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Abi is good people. Also I totally get it. I was 100% one of the pantywetters during that rough first year of Corbyn. Turns out my pessimism was embarrassingly wrong. I still thought he was the best man for the job but I was doubtful he could survive with the PLP in open rebellion and then the membership would get beaten down, bail and go back to disengaging from the political process.

Pretty happy I overstated the competence of the Labour right and clearly I underestimated how cool and dedicated the new members are.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

forkboy84 posted:

Abi is good people. Also I totally get it. I was 100% one of the pantywetters during that rough first year of Corbyn. Turns out my pessimism was embarrassingly wrong. I still thought he was the best man for the job but I was doubtful he could survive with the PLP in open rebellion and then the membership would get beaten down, bail and go back to disengaging from the political process.

Pretty happy I overstated the competence of the Labour right and clearly I underestimated how cool and dedicated the new members are.

Yeah, I don't really get giving people like Abi or Owen jones, who clearly support good policies, for writing stuff early in Corbyn's leadership that was pessimistic. Things were going pretty badly at one point and there wasn't any reason to think he would get the election result he got. Even Corbyn didn't think he would.

I don't really want blind loyalty from left-wing writers.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

Yes. I'm also a member of Labour, and I'm contemplating joining the Conservatives so I can gently caress with their leadership election.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vitamin P posted:

legit best bet for the lib dems would be layla moran for a decade, she could siphon a few people from corbyn and they could aim for another tory/libdem coalition

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Lol just listened to my grandparents rant about how stupid Brexit is. Glad to see them bucking the demographics.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean during Cobyn's first year in office it was exhausting how much the Labour right were trying to undermine and betray him.

It was pretty good when Simon Danczuk was the loudest anti-Corbyn guy and then his wife left him for her coach at the gym and he got suspended and then expelled from the Labour Party for macking on questionably aged girls.

Eat poo poo Danzcuck

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Tesseraction posted:

I mean during Cobyn's first year in office it was exhausting how much the Labour right were trying to undermine and betray him.

It was pretty good when Simon Danczuk was the loudest anti-Corbyn guy and then his wife left him for her coach at the gym and he got suspended and then expelled from the Labour Party for macking on questionably aged girls.

Eat poo poo Danzcuck

2017 has been a good year for shitters in the Labour party getting owned.

Firos has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Dec 28, 2017

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Pessimism about Corbyn's chances back in the dark days is fine, it all looked pretty bleak pretty often. It's when people started giving Owen Smith(? is that his name?) the eye and saying 'I hate to say it, I really do, but maybe we need to start considing being sensible...', that's the gulag worthy stuff.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If you did not spend time lamenting both Corbyn's ineffectiveness (remembering if we can that a few weeks before the general, Labour lost control of pretty much every local government in one fell swoop) but also the sheer loving stupidity of the PLP's attempt to unseat him by way of a hypocritical-about-women dick pill salesman right when the Conservatives were self destructing then you are not a truly disciplined Labour supporter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TBH even after that council rout I was still with him, just nervously.

I will admit going "oh loving hell" when May announced the snap general election but even then I looked at his polling and went "the only way is up" and hoped that he'd somehow pull a miracle out of his beard and by gently caress did he manage it... albeit not enough to win a majority but given his starting point the end result was amazing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Never forget to remind the Labour Right shitters that if it hadn't been for their incessant backstabbing and treachery, there'd be a Labour government today.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

When that exit poll came through I was laughing so hard with relief I had to sit down before my legs gave out.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I thought it was curtains too, though I had no regrets - go down swinging, and all that. Went to bed early because I couldn't bear the strain and tension of watching the exit polls live.

The next morning was loving unbelievable. Very shortly afterwards someone linked this and it made me laugh myself silly

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

I thought it was curtains too, though I had no regrets - go down swinging, and all that. Went to bed early because I couldn't bear the strain and tension of watching the exit polls live.

The next morning was loving unbelievable. Very shortly afterwards someone linked this and it made me laugh myself silly

Same, but with this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

++ HUMILIATION FOR LOSER CLEGG ++

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

did bobby mook deleted the tweet he made insulting yougov's top data guy when yougov released their final predictions that had the majority being lost

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

looks like it https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=from%3Arobbymook%20to%3Ayougov&src=typd

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

did bobby mook deleted the tweet he made insulting yougov's top data guy when yougov released their final predictions that had the majority being lost

That wasn't Robby Mook, that was Jim Messina

https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/872792410572632066

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 13:34 on Dec 28, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So it was https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/869928746974949378

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh yeah lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/746087588906307589

*20 minutes later* https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/746094558233059328

I mean... yes they were wrong, but not in the direction he expected.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
The election night was pretty good UKMTing if I recall correctly.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsGVghRBdKI

That pretty well encapsulated the drunken morning after

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

The election night was pretty good UKMTing if I recall correctly.

I had to catch up afterwards but Pissed Flaps was a highlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it was pretty funny watching all the usual ACCURSED HOMOSEXUAL CORBYN types either having to admit they were wrong or else be conspicuously absent

my favourite was kapparomeo slithering in later to pretend it was actually a masterstroke win by mummy may