Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Thanks. I don't mind a couple of them, but having so many is just obnoxious.

Also, I'm sure I read that post in the r/elationships thread in GBS, so someone actually sat down and added all that bullshit to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thanks. I don't mind a couple of them, but having so many is just obnoxious.

Also, I'm sure I read that post in the r/elationships thread in GBS, so someone actually sat down and added all that bullshit to it.

It was The Saddest Rhino, it's their gimmick.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

zidane13 posted:

I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene . They used the local community college to host it and told me BY EMAIL IF I CAME THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN . This came out of Nowhere ⁉️ so I immediately called The TO who told me why . He said it was because I was frequently TOXIC and ANGRY . He said that I yell to other players and made them uncomfortable and scared , and that a girl quit because of me . While I do sometimes get FRUSTRATED and vocalize it so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against because my voice is naturally deeper than most ☺️☺️☺️. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie , she was just butthurt that she was worse than everyone there . I'm so loving irate . I have been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance ? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player . I'm looking into finding a lawyer who'll get me unbanned . There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence .) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot of him , I'd think he'd just break under pressure of lawsuit .

im so bored

lol

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

This is one of the big complaints about The Last Jedi? I found it way less silly than The Force Awakens, and I don't remember people saying that was too silly. Like, 90% of Han Solo scenes were him being goofy and over-the-hill. There was a lot less of BB-8 being silly in TLJ than there was in TFA too.

There was probably less slapstick than Return of the Jedi, though I know that it's the "worst" of the original trilogy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Last Jedi doesn't really have slapstick, but it's a lot funnier than the original or prequel trilogies because it's actually got good humor delivered well. As much as people deify Star Wars, the original and prequel trilogies are cheesy as hell.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Soviet Commubot posted:

What's with the bananas and oranges around Christmas time?

Fresh fruit was really hard to come by in the winter in the northern hemisphere and (like now) had to be shipped in via boat. Oranges and bananas survived the trip pretty well but cost a pretty penny so it was a nice gift to give someone. Like giving a fancy cheese assortment nowadays.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread because it's an idiot getting owned on social media but...jesus titty loving christ.

https://twitter.com/jasonpinter/status/946070219176513536

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Fresh fruit was really hard to come by in the winter in the northern hemisphere and (like now) had to be shipped in via boat. Oranges and bananas survived the trip pretty well but cost a pretty penny so it was a nice gift to give someone. Like giving a fancy cheese assortment nowadays.

I'm sure glad i was born an entitled millennial that can i can eat fruit more than once a year.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

The Last Jedi doesn't really have slapstick, but it's a lot funnier than the original or prequel trilogies because it's actually got good humor delivered well. As much as people deify Star Wars, the original and prequel trilogies are cheesy as hell.

Were you late to the movie and missed the opening prank call scene?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The last 🙅Jedi🙅 is 🅰️ disgrace😡😤 the change🚼 of director🤵🎥 has🈶 completely broken 💔😢😭💔 and torn😢😥apart this 3⃣trilogy and ripped🥊💥💥🥊 the soul👻☠ out of 🤛🎇star👾👽👾wars🎇🤜 this is gonna 🆕start🆕 🅰️ nuclear war😤💢⚔⚠️ I'm sure of 🇮🇹, but I feel actual anger😡💢💢💢💢💢😡😡 towards this 🎬movie🎬 which cannot be tamed💦💦💦💦

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Rick_Hunter posted:

I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread because it's an idiot getting owned on social media but...jesus titty loving christ.

https://twitter.com/jasonpinter/status/946070219176513536

This is loving hilarious. Just got absolutely destroyed by the editor. :allears:

Edit: actually read the whole thing.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Dec 28, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

I am so loving lost here, what the gently caress

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Weebs mad that white people draw animes.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Count Uvula posted:

They're basically saying Pusheen is a rip-off of hello Kitty and thus, appropriating a Japanese art style because reasons. Also, obligatory :pusheen:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dienes posted:

Yeah, that scene was great and nothing like any previous Star Wars movie.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

lol, just lol at a weeb looking at Pusheen and thinking "cultural appropriation." Hmm yes this cartoon cat is composed of lines and shading better alert Sanrio's legal team.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

You mean the really funny "repeatedly dunk on an increasingly frustrated space nazi" sequence?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Reminder that in the Phantom Menace, Jar-Jar stepped in poo poo and later on a space-horse farted in his face

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, that scene was great and nothing like any previous Star Wars movie.

uh excuse me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAbFqkvzQA
(that Poe scene was good and most definitely in-character)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Count Uvula posted:

:catstare:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Weebs mad that white people draw animes.

pusheen is my favourite anime

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Elizabethan Error posted:

it was until the last bit('gasoline' and 'cell phones' aren't used by British English)

Ah, a creepy Anglo-American hybrid from the Island of Dr. Moron.

I lost interest after the stuff about how bad kebabs and takeaways are, so I didn't notice when the poo poo hopped the ocean.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

o k

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That's a public twitter, don't bother blurring out the names. I wanna see this person's other bullshit

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Don't squish my culture.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Arivia posted:

That's a public twitter, don't bother blurring out the names. I wanna see this person's other bullshit

you are cordially invited to the trainwreck

https://twitter.com/toycapsule/status/946177371081707522

Mx. has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Dec 28, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bear: I think I'll have a Japanese anime pusheen!

Bear: maitre d, one Japanese anime pusheen please.

Cat waiter: pusheen's not anime

Bear: Whaaaaat??!?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

well hey they do actually live in japan that's better than 90% of people who make those arguments

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arivia posted:

well hey they do actually live in japan that's better than 90% of people who make those arguments

They say in the thread they live in Chicago

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

anime is bad

e: lol this whole thread is just hilarious

https://twitter.com/toycapsule/status/946173436602339328

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Dec 28, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They say in the thread they live in Chicago

oh, so they just used stupid language to say chicago. gently caress that weeb poo poo then

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

"if you are white you are not allowed to profit off drawing stuff like anime because that's stealing money from POCs"

"dude you're half-german?"

"wow i am very disgusted by the nasty racial remarks thrown at me wow just wow"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

those grapes are sour

e: wait am i allowed to say that? im not greek

Mx. has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Dec 28, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What kind of grump do you have to be to hate pusheen??

Picnic Princess posted:

Bear: I think I'll have a Japanese anime pusheen!

Bear: maitre d, one Japanese anime pusheen please.

Cat waiter: pusheen's not anime

Bear: Whaaaaat??!?

lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Lordy lou I do love that weird tumblr racism double-down where literally every thing needs to stay mint-in-box in its original country of origin, apparently right down to art styles.

E: Oh wow is Sanrio just a company? Like, actually just a corporation?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Somfin posted:

Lordy lou I do love that weird tumblr racism double-down where literally every thing needs to stay mint-in-box in its original country of origin, apparently right down to art styles.

Is there a word for that kind of racist yet? Because there should be.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Somfin posted:

Yeah Sanrio's just a huge company and doesn't need ardent defenders. And as already pointed out on twitter, hello kitty is just a rip-off of miffy

Interview with Miffy's creator posted:

The only other time in our conversation when Bruna's brow clouds over is when we discuss Hello Kitty, the Japanese cartoon beloved of cute-obsessed schoolgirls and lovers of kitsch throughout the world. 'That,' he says darkly, 'is a copy [of Miffy], I think. I don't like that at all. I always think, "No, don't do that. Try to make something that you think of yourself".' After all, he adds - mood already lifting - 'there's so many nice things.'

It's not exactly surprising that Japan should have spawned a rival to Miffy, because it's home to her most ardent fans - and, crucially, her most lavish consumers. In Bruna's studio there are gifts from children all around the world, but most numerous are the cards artfully crafted from patterned paper, and flocks of origami birds which are sent for good luck. When Bruna goes for his morning coffee, he says, 'there are often Japanese people waiting there - they know'. And when he toured Britain on Miffy's 50th anniversary, he was followed from venue to venue by a middle-aged Japanese woman who sported a Miffy painted on each cheek. He finds the interest exciting, but bewildering.

Sanrio even got sued for ripping off Miffy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sunswipe posted:

Haven't Devolver Digital released several highly-rated games?

They're not the butt of the joke here. :ssh:

BioEnchanted posted:

Try 2500 years ago - “The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

Socrates said that.

That's why he was permanently pissed. :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They're not the butt of the joke here. :ssh:

That's why he was permanently pissed. :v:

That quote was found to be misattributed. Sorry.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BioEnchanted posted:

That quote was found to be misattributed. Sorry.

The Bruces` Philosophers Song is real, and good, and is my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Socrates one might not be real but there were still ancient dudes whining about kids these days

Horace circa 20 BC posted:

Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'. We, their sons, are more
worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more
corrupt.