Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

not caring here posted:

This is motherfuckin' fancy

Thanks, it's this one:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1873-short-rifle-357-magnum-38-special-20-oct-barrel.html

It's also got a ton of go fast cowboy action parts inside :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Santa left me something that I finally got to take home today.

:yayclod:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A DAO Beretta? :thunk:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Beretta 92 :thunk:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In a world of excellent pistols that need good homes you chose a Beretta 92 :thunk:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:thunk:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Ah, you think I paid for it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I read that as, he got a take home gun because he is a dirty pig.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can you throw that in a locker and carry your own instead?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is the 92 that bad or is it just the fact that all the military ones are all beat to poo poo and 15 years old

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's not that it's bad it's just that there are so many better options out there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DoktorLoken posted:

A DAO Beretta? :thunk:

The double action trigger on that thing is 7.5lbs, fun fact you can swap the main spring and trigger from that thing can swap right into your FS model making it much better.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Thanks, it's this one:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1873-short-rifle-357-magnum-38-special-20-oct-barrel.html

It's also got a ton of go fast cowboy action parts inside :haw:

All I thought of when I saw the name was this:

https://youtu.be/MlW7T0SUH0E

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Woof Blitzer posted:

Ah, you think I paid for it.

Seems like a strange gun to issue these days.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

DoktorLoken posted:

Seems like a strange gun to issue these days.

I could write for days on how much poo poo is rear end backwards here.
edit: gently caress it

We still have CX4 Storm carbines in each armory, which are pretty much useless.
Every car has a set of level III plates, but only one, so if you're riding two man lol!
The only long gun in a car is the shotgun which has a total of 8 shells.
Nobody is issued M4s except for sergeants who are old as gently caress and all have arthritis and poo poo, also at any given time there may be only one per district. Don't you dare bring your own either.
Our pistols used to have the dreaded New York trigger until the new ones came in this year
Flashlights on pistols? Impossible

Executive summary: Some TFR gun nerd is better equipped to deal with an active shooter than the government

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 28, 2017

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Flikken posted:

The double action trigger on that thing is 7.5lbs, fun fact you can swap the main spring and trigger from that thing can swap right into your FS model making it much better.

Beretta even has a spring kit specifically for that purpose.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mad Dragon posted:

Beretta even has a spring kit specifically for that purpose.

I don't know why they didn't just sell it from the factory like that, it improved my FS so much.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

is the 92 that bad or is it just the fact that all the military ones are all beat to poo poo and 15 years old

They're beat to poo poo, and the M9 tech order specifies something ridiculous like 16 lbs for the DA trigger.

I like DAO Berettas, and really DAO guns in general. The Berettas in particular are simple and reliable, and have a nice trigger after they break in.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

The grips are bonkers huge, DA/SA is a bad idea that should have died decades ago, there's no decent way to mount a light or optic, slide safeties are also garbage that should have died decades ago, and the all-metal frame makes them heavier than they need to be.

There are certainly guns that are worse than the M9, but doesn't mean it's a good gun.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Replaced the full length Zhukov handguard + chopped -74 type brake with the shorter Zhukov-U and Manticore Arms night brake :toot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm fairly aroused by that

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Gun goals for 2018 are replacing my AR factory trigger, mount a free floating handguard (looking at the Geissele MK13) and replacing my scope with an Trijicon accupower. We'll see how they pan out.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

gun goals 2018: practice a lot

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how accurate is that ak?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It's an AK, so. . . not especially. 4" groups at 100m is about the best I can hope for. Still need to get out and rezero it since it has a new handguard/brake.

My silly nostalgia M4 should be completed next week too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The Rat posted:

It's an AK, so. . . not especially. 4" groups at 100m is about the best I can hope for. Still need to get out and rezero it since it has a new handguard/brake.

You got some work in progress pics?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Not really, since I'm basically just waiting on minute components (like the proper thumb screw for a PAQ4 for example; I'm going turbo autist for parts correctness).

This is the goal. Well this, plus the silly rear end buttstock mag pouch.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

how much can you sperg out on an AK in regards to free float barrels etc

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

On an AK? Not much at all. All of the aftermarket handguards that I know of mount via barrel clamps, so no free floating there. (Zhukov and Midwest is what I have hands on experience with.)

There are nicer triggers like the ALG AK trigger, but I haven't tried one yet.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just ordered a threaded barrel and compensator for a Glock 34 that I don't have yet. But since I just got the [required state ID for the state I live in], I will be purchasing said Glock 34 soon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jokers Gamble posted:

Gun goals for 2018 are replacing my AR factory trigger, mount a free floating handguard (looking at the Geissele MK13) and replacing my scope with an Trijicon accupower. We'll see how they pan out.

I'm pretty happy with my 15" Troy mlok handguard:

http://www.primaryarms.com/troy-industries-15-m-lok-rail-ar15-srai-ml1-15bt-00

Plus it's on sale! :toot:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If you don't have babby hands, Hogue grips make a big difference on a Beretta. I actually enjoy shooting my 96 quite a bit.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Behold my incipient madness.

Proper glam shots to be done this weekend once I have some daylight to work with.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

The Rat posted:

Behold my incipient madness.

Proper glam shots to be done this weekend once I have some daylight to work with.

:flashfap:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I need more shots of your 550 tie downs... For research.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh I'm gonna do a full on box thread for this in TFR since it's sentimental guns month. Will have what pictures I have of the original that this is based on too.

Admittedly I had to guess a little on knot type/placement on this one, since that M4 was set up before I got it, and none of my pics are hi-res enough to show what knot types and specific locations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

Oh I'm gonna do a full on box thread for this in TFR since it's sentimental guns month. Will have what pictures I have of the original that this is based on too.

Admittedly I had to guess a little on knot type/placement on this one, since that M4 was set up before I got it, and none of my pics are hi-res enough to show what knot types and specific locations.

They were either doubled up square knots or bowlines.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I did the square knots because it's one of the few knot types I know.

People seem shocked when I tell them that, considering I was stationed at camp Merrill. But the only thing I learned about knots there was from my PSG, who said, "If you don't know how to tie a knot, tie a lot."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Learn the bowline, it's a good knot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh god he actually dummy corded it