Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so what's the story with the ceremonial dagger? is it just a crummier flaming sword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The New levels are good. Recommended :thumbsup:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

The New levels are good. Recommended :thumbsup:

Whatever problems Fatshark has, they make a drat good vidjagame.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
You don't need someone to hang back for the grimoire. Just hit all the blocks:

In the swamp before the house
On the shoreline in front of the house
Behind a rock wall around the house with some pigs - stand on top of it, crouch, smash. Even if you go over you can jump back around.

Door opens regardless of the rug.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The fancy new dagger seems a bit eh.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I really like Kruber's red mace ("the Truncheon"), it has a satisfying thwack when it hits and the trait combo works well with my play style I think. Usually I go with devastating blow on basically everything but this thing can basically stun lock whole mobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2eaLInvPUw

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
To be honest, there is something I like about the Killing Blow rebalance, where it only works if you deal damage. It was a clever and the least ridiculous way to keep people from wailing on Stormvermin endlessly, and to better watch their surroundings and understand that they plant their feet when they attack and are thus easily dealt with over the course of a fight. The Ratling Gunner health buff bothers me because all I would have to do is charge attack and their head falls off but now it takes two. These just encourages people to play smarter.

But the Gutter Runners being faster and even appearing behind people now (had it happen to me in Khazid Kro as well, I had my back to a corner, it spawned, and it was directly behind me just crouched) I'll continue to take umbrage with.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i interpreted the kb procs via flailing on stormvermin armor as them just going "um, well, aughh yes im dead" and lying down until you go away

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i interpreted the kb procs via flailing on stormvermin armor as them just going "um, well, aughh yes im dead" and lying down until you go away

I imagined them as anime level strikes, so it's perfectly plausible you chop a stormvermin in half with your rapier, the bug is they don't have Victor going to Super Sayin 3 first.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
they all have pace makers ok you just magnetized their armor

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Finally getting around to playing this game and having a blast. Last night I did that mission where you go into the skaven next and had a blast. The climax of the mission was some really intense poo poo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Nightmare Supply and Demand is awesome lol. That last dash with the last sack while like, 400 ratmin swarm you is intense.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://www.vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_victor_saltzpyre/

Witch hunter bounty hunter zealot

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I am quite excited about this upcoming ratmurder sim

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Zephro posted:

I am quite excited about this upcoming ratmurder sim
I can't wait to flail some rats and/or demons in the face.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have wanted to fight a Chaos Warrior in this game engine since I shanked my first Stormvermin.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They are doing 12 days of free items again. Last year they ended by giving the two best trinkets in the game so watch for this. Today's is a blue pickaxe. definitely log in if you don't have it yet as DLC weapons are harder to get

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Victor doesn't get good endings, huh. The best he's got is that someone dies and he gets promoted, while keeping his mouth shut.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Grondoth posted:

Victor doesn't get good endings, huh.

He wouldn't be able to enjoy a truly good ending because of how suspicious it'd make him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is the man who says he prefers lovely times of war because it helps with his anxiety and paranoia when it's always right.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
To be honest, as far as Witch Hunters are concerned, filling a dead brother's shoes is a good ending in and of itself. That and unless fatshark get some major liberties from GW, all of this is meaningless.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Iceclaw posted:

To be honest, as far as Witch Hunters are concerned, filling a dead brother's shoes is a good ending in and of itself. That and unless fatshark get some major liberties from GW, all of this is meaningless.

How so? I have derived a large amount of meaning from stabbing/cutting/crushing/burning/exploding/maiming/shooting/shoving them into walls and off cliffs. Infact I struggle to find any examples of meaning outside this rat blender simulator.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Well the setting ends after the End Times. On one hand good on them for having something happen, bad news is the replacement is way more boring of a setting than Warhammer Fantasy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I will refuse to acknowledge Age of Smegmar until the day I die.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So long as the vermintide crew keeps killing rats, chaos and zombos, the End Times will never make it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kruber and Saltzpyre combined represent the kind of unbeatable hat game that ensures the Empire will triumph.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Yardbomb posted:

I will refuse to acknowledge Age of Smegmar until the day I die.

One of the only good parts to come out of AOS https://youtu.be/_-MzNpMD1K8

The other being the "triumver-rat"

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

So long as the vermintide crew keeps killing rats, chaos and zombos, the End Times will never make it.

You underestimate GW's writers.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/neonwario/status/874657519297343489

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Sazabi posted:

How so? I have derived a large amount of meaning from stabbing/cutting/crushing/burning/exploding/maiming/shooting/shoving them into walls and off cliffs. Infact I struggle to find any examples of meaning outside this rat blender simulator.

All of Vermintide already happened in WFB universe, spoilers: none of the heroes succeed and The Great Horned Rat eats the fabric of reality after chaos beats the poo poo out of it. Everyone dying and being eaten by rats in Last Stand is literally the canonical ending.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
WFB into AoS is basically GW saying "do you fuckers want this to happen to 40K? DO YOU?!?!?! THEN BUY SOME MORE OF OUR poo poo, NERDS, OR THE SCI-FI SETTING IS GONNA GET IT!!"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

thanks games workshop

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Games Workshop has improved since then at least.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if i'd go that far. age of sigmar is still a thing that exists.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Willie Tomg posted:

All of Vermintide already happened in WFB universe, spoilers: none of the heroes succeed

Really the only reason everything goes bad is because Mannfred's a little bitch.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Really the only reason everything goes bad is because Games Workshop is the right mix of corporate greed, arrogance and incompetence, with a consumer base that grew up loving them.

FTFY.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

All of Vermintide already happened in WFB universe, spoilers: none of the heroes succeed and The Great Horned Rat eats the fabric of reality after chaos beats the poo poo out of it. Everyone dying and being eaten by rats in Last Stand is literally the canonical ending.

The End Times happen in Total Warhammer too, except you can just shoot the chaos men with cannons until they all die. At this point, the Old World belongs to its fans and games workshop can't hurt us anymore, there's even a 4th edition of WFRP in the works.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How's the population on this game, lately?

As much as I liked this in the first few months, not getting any decent drops even with a full set of dice really soured me.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Grondoth posted:

The End Times happen in Total Warhammer too, except you can just shoot the chaos men with cannons until they all die. At this point, the Old World belongs to its fans and games workshop can't hurt us anymore, there's even a 4th edition of WFRP in the works.

the best part of total warhammer is and remains that as you hold off the Chaos invasion there's an event that fires featuring "there is a fourfold scream of rage, a sense that THIS IS NOT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, and a moment of total silence"
"and then birds start singing, and the world takes its breath, and all things continue as they were before."

and then, because when the chaos invasion happens there's a buff to diplomacy between all order factions, and it evaporates once they're gone, the popup announcing the AGE OF PEACE is followed by one turn later everyone declaring war on each other, because can't trust those goddamn lumberfoots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And then you can launch an invasion of Norsca which is insanely tricky but so satisfying.

• Locked thread