Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

lowercase16 posted:

The new Batman run is really cute and good.

In the latest issue, Batman, Catwoman, Superman, and Lois go on a double date to a carnival on superhero night.

(spoilered because it's still a new issue)

They don't want to wear their actual costumes because they're afraid they'll be recognized, so they trade costumes.There's a lot of hijinks involved, but the important thing to know is that everyone at the carnival is dressed up as a superhero.

Toward the end of the night, a thief darts out of the crowd and steals Lois' wallet:

I about died laughing.

In case anyone doesn't get it: the thief is dressed as The Question, who was created by Steve Ditko, who was a hardcore Objectivist. The thing he's shouting is a quote from Ayn Rand.

Please tell me the next panel is the actual Question clotheslining that dude and saying "Yes, I am."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Cabbit posted:

Please tell me the next panel is the actual Question clotheslining that dude and saying "Yes, I am."

Clark locates him with x ray vision and gives targeting information so that Bruce can bean him with a baseball.

Fantastic issue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Follow up to the Judge Dredd chat from a couple of pages ago but it is part of the latest Humble Bundle with a ton of the recent comics for $15.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-comics

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

muscles like this! posted:

Follow up to the Judge Dredd chat from a couple of pages ago but it is part of the latest Humble Bundle with a ton of the recent comics for $15.

:black101: :getin:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

How's American Dredd?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hot drat. That is excellent, thank you!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

I love that his belt buckle has an R. I guess it's a call back to him being Blackbeard?
It stands for "Rocks", obviously.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My brother bought me a volume of ww2 era Wonder Woman stories.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Judge Dredd Funko Universe? Hoo boy.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Do you know what issue of Sensation or Wonder Woman that's from?

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Vincent posted:

How's American Dredd?

If I remember right the main series starts out decent enough but disappears up its own arse when it gets to adapting the dark judges, I haven't read further than that. Mega City 2 was pretty fun though.

It's definitely worth it for the UK comics alone though. It's got most of the big stories that everyone likes that are still relevant to modern dredd I think, though it's missing the second half of Day of Chaos and Trifecta.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Servoret posted:

Do you know what issue of Sensation or Wonder Woman that's from?

Apparently thats Comics Cavalcade #1

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quviet Poys.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Synthbuttrange posted:

I've been reading the first golden age omnibus and it's full of weird stuff. I want the war to end because I'm sick of every antagonist being a German or Japanese spy. It's impossible to imagine a modern comic treating contemporary political conflicts the same way the golden age did.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BUY WAR BONDS

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So...in the 6th panel he's holding a bag and, in the 7th, decides to wear it? And the 8th is just baffling.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

So...in the 6th panel he's holding a bag and, in the 7th, decides to wear it?
I think it's an apron?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Everyone just remember if you suspect someone's a Nazi, just yell Heil Hitler and they have to respond. If their response is "Dude what the gently caress?" it's okay.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TwoPair posted:

Everyone just remember if you suspect someone's a Nazi, just yell Heil Hitler and they have to respond. If their response is "Dude what the gently caress?" it's okay.

Or if they attack you thinking you're a nazi.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Not a panel, but still funny.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/946457054457118720

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How wacky and off kilter

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He definitely didn't just type that so he could screencap it and show it off on twitter, I definitely believe that

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've been reading the first golden age omnibus and it's full of weird stuff. I want the war to end because I'm sick of every antagonist being a German or Japanese spy. It's impossible to imagine a modern comic treating contemporary political conflicts the same way the golden age did.

Paging Silver Age Marvel to the thread....

(Yes I know it's not modern but every drat issue featured a Commie spy/super villain/menace)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

I think I'll stick to "anazisayswhat?"

Works every time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

https://youtu.be/o0wNl66tT3Q?t=30s

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

purple death ray posted:

He definitely didn't just type that so he could screencap it and show it off on twitter, I definitely believe that

Wait, do we hate Chip now? I missed the memo. What'd he do?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He doxxed Matt Murdock

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wait, do we hate Chip now? I missed the memo. What'd he do?

Nah, it's just Calaveron implying he's a tryhard.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Honestly, I can buy him writing that just to amuse himself, then separately deciding, "I should tweet this!" Writers are a goofy lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he writes a lot of jokes but it is only natural that not all of them land.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
As someone who was 10 years old when that comic came out, that's a perfect joke and you guys need to lighten the gently caress up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd rather he try a little too hard to amuse fans and peers than end up like John Byrne

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd rather he try a little too hard to amuse fans and peers than end up like John Byrne

He's got a lot of terrible things to say and do before he gets there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Let me tell you about latinas...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd rather he try a little too hard to amuse fans and peers than end up like Frank Miller

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Batman #3

Never get batman the wrong gift.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
He's got a lot of alcohol abuse and whores before he gets there

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Catfishenfuego posted:

Batman #3

Never get batman the wrong gift.

We’ve got a billion bat-family books, but all I really want is a series dedicated to Alfred putting up with superhero bullshit and straining not to slap the poo poo out of everyone.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ecavalli posted:

We’ve got a billion bat-family books, but all I really want is a series dedicated to Alfred putting up with superhero bullshit and straining not to slap the poo poo out of everyone.

Gotham the TV Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Toshimo posted:

Gotham the TV Series.

What was his background in that series? Like in all media he always has some super special background where he was like, butler to the queen in the Joel Schumacher movies or my personal favorite and most logical, a field medic in the army for that The Batman cartoon