Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Got up to level 59'ish with my arc build and got antsy (like always) so started a Scion build focused on balls of fire with Ancestral Call & Ancestral Protector.

I'm up to level 25 and even self found it's so amazingly awesome compared to the lightning build. Spent 1c and got a gem to add more balls, so now up to 5 balls and already spanning a solid third or maybe even half of the screen with balls and everything melts. I mow through the Abyss rifts like a scythe through wheat, and have been ripping through the side corrupted zones without any difficulty as well.

The real test will be when I run into the first evil boss that requires lots of movement, since this is definitely a stand in place and spam all the balls sort of a build.

Following this, except without all the special stuff and I'm way behind his guide since he is specifying 4-links at level 8 and I haven't gotten even a 4-socket let alone link at level 25, because as usual my OCD requirement to clear maps has me way overleveled compared to where he most likely was for his guide creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSWrWS-xLyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Abyss League stats

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Zo posted:

you can switch whenever you want, since full sustain is not actually a requirement to run RF, but i would wait as long as possible until sunder doesn't feel good anymore. to prolong this you can take ~14 points of physical damage nodes since you get at least that many reset points from the story. usually sunder on an RF build starts to feel like rear end in the 50s to 60s.

you probably won't ever hit full passive sustain without rotp, but grab the warcry heal berserker ascendency node as your first points, bind enduring cry to spacebar, and it doesn't feel that bad even if you degen (i run all reduced regen and -max res maps in AHC on my rf berserker).

ruby flask also completely makes up for rotp so try to get a 20% quality increased duration ruby flask when you switch.

Thanks! I ran the normal lab earlier and picked up the warcry buff earlier, I'll try to look for or make a good ruby flask soon. I went for some 2h nodes (brutality?) pretty early to help with sunder & I'll grab a few more, try to hold out until 50+, I have some give in the build.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i have used absolutely none of the passives or uniques :c00lbutt:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also essences of delirium shot up 10c over Christmas, is some new build using them?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

What links do you run with them? I tried them briefly while leveling in a Tabula with Minion Damage, Echo, GMP, Elemental Focus and Controlled Destruction and they totally sucked compared to Flame Sentinels. Probably the wrong links but I dunno how you'd figure that poo poo out anyway.

At work so I can't check but I think I have just got minion damage, ele focus and another one I'm forgetting.

I haven't used flame Sentinels or solar guards all that much, so it's very possible they are poo poo compared to them.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I tried kitava heralds when i hit act5 when I got em on the way to kitava, killed kitava, and then went right back to flame sentinels cause they just didn't feel as satisfying to use, even if they were doing a perfectly good job of killing things.

Solar guards with gmp/fork are pretty hilarious though, as are solar guards with gmp/volley and I bet gmp/chain is pretty amusing too. Dicking around with all the options now that i have a 6l vis mortis.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I've only played SRS and Totems in any meaningful amount so have nfi how to price this is. Is it even any good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mr. Despair posted:

I tried kitava heralds when i hit act5 when I got em on the way to kitava, killed kitava, and then went right back to flame sentinels cause they just didn't feel as satisfying to use, even if they were doing a perfectly good job of killing things.

Solar guards with gmp/fork are pretty hilarious though, as are solar guards with gmp/volley and I bet gmp/chain is pretty amusing too. Dicking around with all the options now that i have a 6l vis mortis.

Thanks. I should buy a spare vis mortis and start dumping fusings into it over time.

I should know better than this. :suicide:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

guild chat got me to finally try making a summoner character, specifically a spectremancer, over the last couple days. got to 77 I think this morning

how is this solar guard poo poo not completely broken and nerfed, jfc

Though I do wonder how summoners are supposed to scale up besides summoning higher leveled versions of their stuff, there's only so many nodes on the tree (I'm going all the way down to duelist for life because wtf else am I gonna do with my points) and most item affixes do gently caress all

there's a fairly large number of minion-oriented bonuses, truthfully. some are less relevant if your summons don't deal physical damage, but regardless, you should be able to find minion damage in several places. bone helms can give large damage bonuses; good ones are a bit expensive. amulets can be vaaled to get a minion damage implicit; pick a nice unique amulet and somebody's probably selling a corrupted one with that mod on it. jewels are huge, abyssal jewels are even better, now. there are some physical-to-x damage addition bonuses available, such as on grip of the council.

something to consider also is a secondary summon, either another persistent one or an active one. with shaper and elder items able to provide several support gem effects to slotted gems, it's more feasible than ever to have two types of summons going simultaneously without using up too many gem slots.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

https://pastebin.com/KFcKXmiq

Any gear upgrades I should get other than +1 decay bow, helmet enchant, taste of hate, and presence of chayula?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

guild chat got me to finally try making a summoner character, specifically a spectremancer, over the last couple days. got to 77 I think this morning

how is this solar guard poo poo not completely broken and nerfed, jfc

Though I do wonder how summoners are supposed to scale up besides summoning higher leveled versions of their stuff, there's only so many nodes on the tree (I'm going all the way down to duelist for life because wtf else am I gonna do with my points) and most item affixes do gently caress all

the clear speed is one of the slower ones

also can confirm that the portal trick works for the complete these ecounters 6 on the reef map. Did it last night on a horrendous map. Just tp out when the waves start and pop back in and wait for them to go away and start to kill boss.. repeat.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 28, 2017

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

aejix posted:

I've only played SRS and Totems in any meaningful amount so have nfi how to price this is. Is it even any good

You don't want your damage spell on a 3-link (even if it's a pseudo 4-link). So no, not really. It's got some things going for it, but nothing too crazy.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Was some Poe vs D3 art design talk a bit back.

That's just templar being a doof.

StashAugustine posted:

considering buying a cloak, how do those look with quivers? soul strike doesnt have art and it looks kinda lame

If you put a cloak on, the quiver disappears.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Also essences of delirium shot up 10c over Christmas, is some new build using them?

I think supply just fell off a cliff since most people have the essence corruption challenge done by now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think when they designed the act 5-10 boss fights, they spent too much focus on the animations of the bosses between their phases and didn't think how annoying it would be to be stuck watching these animations play out and be waiting around not making any life bars lower.

An example, Tier 15 map kitava fight, he only ever does a single attack between his grab animations because his health drops so fast, 80% of the fight is spent just waiting for his invulnerable animations to finish before chunking him again, desert springs would be a great map to farm if not for the boss that takes a extra full minute to do just because it's untargetable for long periods.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 28, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please check your dps-ableism at the door thank you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

the clear speed is one of the slower ones

what, spectres in general? it feels like one of the fastest I've ever played, at least with solar guards. controlling a summoner is so different from anything i've done in poe before though so :shrug:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Part of making spectres a speedy clear is to be tanky enough to just charge ahead of everything and have them teleport to you after you make enough distance away from them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That's what I started doing as soon as I realized how it worked. It's gotten me into trouble a few times, mostly from me charging through a pack rather than into the edge of it and therefore not getting Fortify, but so far so good otherwise.

Besides prox shield guys when convocation is on CD. Fuckers.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

bonus points if you have a source of lightning damage on hit so that your shield charge also procs EE.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Welp, my White Wind Frost Blades Raider hit a brick wall. I got to level 90 (eventually), but yellow-tier Elder made me his bitch without even flinching, so I think I'm done with this dudette. I've got a Prism with max phys roll and a perfect Wise Oak, but I just can't seem to put together a Pathfinder tree that's not compromised in one area. Halp?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

bonus points if you have a source of lightning damage on hit so that your shield charge also procs EE.

Cold damage in my case. Close enough :v:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

whypick1 posted:

Welp, my White Wind Frost Blades Raider hit a brick wall. I got to level 90 (eventually), but yellow-tier Elder made me his bitch without even flinching, so I think I'm done with this dudette. I've got a Prism with max phys roll and a perfect Wise Oak, but I just can't seem to put together a Pathfinder tree that's not compromised in one area. Halp?

Put more money into it

As a rule of thumb, if your build hits a brick wall (Especially a DPS check like Elder), the problem is that your items aren't good enough (and maybe you're missing a handful of skill points), rather than that your build is bad instead of good

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Finally the god damned sword dropped from Hillock. Assuming some Slayer build works best, going that direction. 6-link pretty OP for leveling, and it looks pretty cool. Anyone still using it at endgame?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That degen is no joke .

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

neurotic posted:

Anyone still using it at endgame?
mathil just killed shaper and uber atziri with it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure Mathil can kill Shaper and Uber Atziri with literally whatever, FFV 4JF style.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

neurotic posted:

Finally the god damned sword dropped from Hillock. Assuming some Slayer build works best, going that direction. 6-link pretty OP for leveling, and it looks pretty cool. Anyone still using it at endgame?

I'm doing red maps as flicker slayer in almost full MF gear, Ventor's with decent quant and the resists I need are still outside my budget. The degen is trivial to manage once you have Endless Hunger, just remember to be careful if you're doing maps that lower your max resists.

e;

Elentor posted:

I'm pretty sure Mathil can kill Shaper and Uber Atziri with literally whatever, FFV 4JF style.

He can, but I'm super bad and nearly always rely on OP builds to carry me. The sword is the real deal, use it now before it gets nerfed. This is almost as good as DP was last league, and my DP build had the advantage of an extra 40-50 exalts invested into it.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 29, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm not an expert or anything but slayer is the one which trivializes the degen

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

endless hunger is the slayer overleech node

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It is exceptionally difficult to find a solid 300+ pdps claw that has crit on it. I keep expanding my budget and still haven't found anything that catches my eye, now at 9ex. At this rate I'm going to kill red elder/shaper/uber atziri with two wasp nests.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Eminai posted:

I'm doing red maps as flicker slayer in almost full MF gear,

How does it fare versus bosses?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Eminai posted:

I'm doing red maps as flicker slayer in almost full MF gear, Ventor's with decent quant and the resists I need are still outside my budget. The degen is trivial to manage once you have Endless Hunger, just remember to be careful if you're doing maps that lower your max resists.
Thanks for the info, great to hear that my efforts weren't wasted.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

J posted:

How does it fare versus bosses?

I use blade flurry in a second oni-goroshi in a weapon swap if the boss has an arena and I'm not lucky enough to have a breach/abyss in there. The biggest hurdle for bosses is that you only have 5-6k life (with kaom's) and you're melee so you have to get used to dodging a lot. You're looking at about a million dps with Abyssus at 90 so they still die very quickly, even with all the dodging around.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In terms of boss killing power, is it molten strike > blade flurry or flurry > molten strike?

Or ancestral call molten strike --------------------------------> blade flurry?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It is exceptionally difficult to find a solid 300+ pdps claw that has crit on it. I keep expanding my budget and still haven't found anything that catches my eye, now at 9ex. At this rate I'm going to kill red elder/shaper/uber atziri with two wasp nests.

One thing you could try is looking for claws with good %phys rolls that don't have a mastercraft yet, or flat phys and hybrid % without the %phys roll. There won't be a lot, but you might get lucky with one someone doesn't realise is actually much higher potential. Or one with min rolls of a high tier that can be divined. It will take some hunting but I got a 320 pdps claw that could take a crit mastercraft early last week for 2.5ex, and was able to divine it to 352 pdps and 7.7% crit chance. It could go to 373 but that would take far too much luck.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Could use a reinvite if the guild isn't full

CenterRaidyer

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

How are annuls only like 10c? I am assuming this is price fixing because they're so incredibly rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Wezlar posted:

How are annuls only like 10c? I am assuming this is price fixing because they're so incredibly rare.

They are rare, but they're not really a medium of stored wealth the way Exalts are and outside of top-end crafting there's no need or sink for them so there's also little demand. Low-demand and low-supply makes their closest analogue something like Divine Orbs, which cost about the same.