Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Even those who acknowledge the earth is flat still propagate the lie that it is a circle, it is really a triangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChesterJT posted:

I have never heard the term Globeheads and I loving love it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

I honestly can't tell if the flat-earther in my life is for true or not, because sometimes he brings it up in such ridiculous ways, but he's also a staunch anti-vaxxer and believes in psychics and whatnot, so I have little doubt left that I can give him the benefit of.

Tell him there are no forests on planet earth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Genetic engineering has gone too far.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

ME BEFORE MY MORNING COFFEE

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Thots and Prayers posted:

ME BEFORE MY MORNING COFFEE

I had to agree to some hosed up terms and services from imgur to make this for you

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

This is my poo poo. I already knew about it, but now I e been reminded it exists.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blue Train posted:

Even those who acknowledge the earth is flat still propagate the lie that it is a circle, it is really a triangle

If it’s flat how come there’s uphills and downhills and poo poo huh scientists? :science:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this world continues to amaze me

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I wish I had enough childlike wonder to believe all this poo poo.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

is that dishwasher soap

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yes

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Laundry

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

is that dishwasher soap

Yep. The pics are from one of those "internet from the 2000s" pages that someone shared on a friend's wall

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

But why???

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

What part are you asking about, I'll search the comments for some answers

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The dishsoap packets baked onto the pizza are the thing that's confusing me most about those photos. They do generate a lot of other questions too.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's a colon cleanse obv

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

my dog died im sad posted:

The dishsoap packets baked onto the pizza are the thing that's confusing me most about those photos. They do generate a lot of other questions too.

Not going to bother blurring the names of these morons that post on a public page

Edit: imgur isn't working so the gist is "forbidden fruit" and no that doesn't explain it to me either

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Did furries eat that pizza and then die? :pray:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I saw a Twitter thing where someone said Gushers should make some that look like laundry pods and gushers was like wtf and now it's a viral joke to eat laundry pods

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

hey dipshit keep up it's for dishes!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I do my laundry in the dishwasher. Checkmate.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Stoatbringer posted:

I do my laundry in the dishwasher. Checkmate.

I thought about doing that but gently caress me if I'm going to separate my plates into whites and colors.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

I saw a Twitter thing where someone said Gushers should make some that look like laundry pods and gushers was like wtf and now it's a viral joke to eat laundry pods

It goes back farther than that. To the long ago birth of laundry pods, and whoever decided to make them look like gummy candy.

2016 article: https://www.today.com/health/never-seen-anything-more-children-harmed-ingesting-laundry-pods-t88036

quote:

Despite repeated warnings about the dangers to young children from laundry detergent pods, calls to poison control centers continue to rise, a new study shows.

Researchers found an increase of nearly 20 percent in reports of children putting the brightly colored packets into their mouths, with serious and sometimes even fatal consequences, according to the study published in Pediatrics Monday.

“What we found was astounding,” study coauthor Dr. Gary Smith, director of the Center for Injury Research and Policy at Nationwide Children’s Hospital told TODAY. “During the two years of this study we saw an increase in the number of exposures due to detergent, but especially among exposures to laundry detergent packets. In fact, a child is reported to a poison control center about every 45 minutes in this country.”

Smith and his colleagues analyzed data from 62,254 calls made in 2013 and 2014 to U.S. poison control centers reporting unintentional exposures to laundry or dishwasher detergent among children younger than 6.

Calls increased for all types of detergent exposures, but the rise was greatest for the highly-concentrated laundry detergent pods (17 percent); followed by dishwasher detergent packets (14 percent).

Laundry pods are the most hazardous, particularly when the packets contain liquid detergent rather than granules.

The harms to children from laundry pod ingestion included:

17 cases of coma
6 cases of respiratory arrest
4 cases of pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs)
2 cases of cardiac arrest

“I’ve seen children in emergency departments for decades that have been exposed to laundry detergents,” Smith said. “But we have never seen anything like this. These children have come in in a coma, they’ve stopped breathing. We’ve even had two deaths in the last two years due to exposure to laundry detergent packets.”

Bitter taste, stronger containers

Earlier this year two lawmakers took a stab at reducing the damage by introducing a bill, the Detergent Poisoning and Child Safety Act, that would require safety standards for the products.

“Anyone with common sense can see how dangerous it is to have liquid detergent in colorful, bite-sized packets that children will inevitably swallow,” said bill coauthor Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) in a statement.

Related: Lawmakers take aim at brightly colored pods

The bill was put on hold after pod manufacturers agreed to make changes to their products, which included adding a bitter tasting packet coating and using containers that were harder to open, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Related: Increasing reports to poison centers prompt new laundry pod labeling

Smith and his colleagues take a harder stance, "strongly recommending" that parents not use laundry detergent packets if there are young children at home.

“They should use traditional laundry detergent," Smith said.

According to The American Association of Poison Control Centers symptoms of ingesting a pod can include excessive vomiting, wheezing, breathing problems or sleepiness.

To keep children safe, the AAPCC advises:

Always keep detergent containers closed, sealed and stored up high, out of the reach of children.
Call your local poison center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately if a child is believed to have come in in contact with detergent or a laundry pod.

Consumer Reports recommended laundry pods never be used in homes with young children, because the little scamps just can't resist eating them. There were tons of articles about the problem.

Naturally the reaction of non-parents residing on the internet was something like "lol, how dumb does a kid have to be to eat soap" soon followed by "they do look kind of yummy".

But mostly only kids and adults with dementia actually eat them and die. So funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6wanZOLtk

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 31, 2017

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I've got a young son and I've never considered how they look like sweets. But then I'm not stupid enough to leave my assorted poisonous cleaning materials in his reach.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Buttcoin purse posted:

Did furries eat that pizza and then die? :pray:

Let’s hope so.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Tide PODS Plus Downy 4 in 1 HE Turbo Laundry Detergent Pacs, April Fresh Scent, 61 Count Tub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFI1M6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_e7osAb7B5NQBC

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If your kid dies from eating laundry paks then maybe it's a sign you're too dumb to be a parent because for some reason you just leave that poo poo where dumb babies can eat it like dog food

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I leave most of my toxic chemicals scattered around on the floor for my child to find

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

My pantry had tide pods next to the gushers and fruit rollups. Russian roulette for kids

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
So I assume the laundry pods do taste good if kids don't spit them out after putting them in their mouths. I'll admit I've considered biting into a pod before.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Monos Bullet posted:

So I assume the laundry pods do taste good if kids don't spit them out after putting them in their mouths. I'll admit I've considered biting into a pod before.

You've clearly never seen a kid put ketchup and mustard on a pop tart before.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Dienes posted:

You've clearly never seen a kid put ketchup and mustard on a pop tart before.

Sorry about your slow children.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bombadilillo posted:

Tide PODS Plus Downy 4 in 1 HE Turbo Laundry Detergent Pacs, April Fresh Scent, 61 Count Tub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFI1M6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_e7osAb7B5NQBC

Hey shithead the pods on that pizza ar for dishes I know this because I am an avid user of those particular pods SUCK ON THAT!!!!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hey shithead the pods on that pizza ar for dishes I know this because I am an avid user of those particular pods SUCK ON THAT!!!!

Sorry you are wrong and angry. It's ok. Don't freak out.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
When I was about seven my little (~2 year old) sister went to the hospital for sucking on a rag that had a bunch of lemon Pledge furniture polish on it. That was my introduction to the fact that babies are loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bombadilillo posted:

Sorry you are wrong and angry. It's ok. Don't freak out.

Did you not read: I am an AVID consumer of these delightful dishing wash pods!

• Locked thread