Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Also the Codex is one of the few things DE managed to do a decent job on, it has a lot of information you can use.
Well shiiit new page, hey are those cool holiday decorations I bought for a credit temporary or are they going to stock around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

triggered

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Dreadwroth posted:

Also the Codex is one of the few things DE managed to do a decent job on, it has a lot of information you can use.
Well shiiit new page, hey are those cool holiday decorations I bought for a credit temporary or are they going to stock around?

Mine have never ever gone away since last year, I know that much. I stuck an ayatan statue on the snowman's head

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Wheeee posted:

I haven't played this game in years and when I log in everything is confusing and I have no idea what the gently caress

Is it possible to trigger the tutorial/new player experience on an old account?

Go to the quest section in the codex and select Vor's Prize, which is the game's tutorial questline. There should be a "replay" button that lets you start over and replay the tutorial from the beginning. Or at least I think it does that. I've never hit the button myself.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

And Tyler Too! posted:

All of the bosses are badly designed. Imo the only interesting bosses are Ambulas and Eidolons.

I like the one where you blow up Ospreys and chuck their bombs into their spawners. Probably because they never go invulnerable.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Vargs posted:

I like the one where you blow up Ospreys and chuck their bombs into their spawners. Probably because they never go invulnerable.

That one's pretty hilarious when you're coming back to it with an overleveled minmaxed gun and farming for warframe parts. If you oneshot the Ravens just as they rise out of their tubes, the bombs will fall right onto the goal without you doing anything.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RFC2324 posted:

triggered

https://youtu.be/51ZPcCyIaek?t=44

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Alright! Here (https://tinyurl.com/BaconPoE) is the first version of my PoE guide.

Keep in mind this is not intended to be a guide to the very basics. I leave that to the Wiki, along with exact descriptions of the mechanics, etc. The Wiki for Warframe is really good, use it! This is more a guide to how I think it's to best spend your time on the Plains and how I go about doing things. It also includes my guide to Zaws and will include a guide to Amps as well. I'll probably have it all done by this weekend.

I've enabled commenting (a terrible mistake?) so please leave comments and corrections, I'm sure I'll get some stuff wrong but I think in general it's all pretty accurate and reflects my experience. You can also just PM me or respond in the thread, I'll see it. In addition to the section on Amps it also needs the sections on Mining and Eidolon Hunting, expect those in the next couple days as well.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 28, 2017

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I would go a little more in-depth about cetus wisps and how to find them. Wisps are the worst, gently caress them and gently caress most operator stuff requiring 20 of them.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Aren't they just spawning along the lakes and river all the time. I find them all the time when I cross a body of water or just stop for a bit of fishing.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Wisp farming route.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wisps are easy, just tedious. They spawn on shorelines, right at the water's edge. They show up on loot radar, but do not have a special icon. Slap on Thief's Wit and go bouncing around, it shouldn't take very long to learn where they're likely to show up (potential spawn locations are fixed, whether or not a wisp will show up in a given spot is not). I usually run a quick circuit from the geyser pond up to the river, then down to the lake and follow it toward the sea, then up and back to Cetus to reset the instance for another run (basically the map above). If you're lucky, you can get half a dozen wisps in a run this way, but realistically it's more like 3-4 depending on how thorough you feel like being. Resource boosters help if you luck into one from a login/sortie reward or feel like spending some plat.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If you're just starting Poe, I'd highly suggest a resource booster. Double the ore, fish, wisps, and Poe specific drops will greatly help you along. I doubt I'd ever fish or mine without a doubler (gently caress sentirum!). Selling glappids has paid for my doublers on their own and I'll probably throw some plat Down on another 30day booster tomorrow

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

And Tyler Too! posted:

I would go a little more in-depth about cetus wisps and how to find them. Wisps are the worst, gently caress them and gently caress most operator stuff requiring 20 of them.

Yeah I'll definitely add a wisp guide, I've refined that farm a fair bit because I have brain problems and needed to make a full set of "perfect" Amps despite having two made already. And of course the ones I wanted to make took mostly tier 3 parts. Not to mention the arcanes....

Raptor1033 posted:

If you're just starting Poe, I'd highly suggest a resource booster. Double the ore, fish, wisps, and Poe specific drops will greatly help you along. I doubt I'd ever fish or mine without a doubler (gently caress sentirum!). Selling glappids has paid for my doublers on their own and I'll probably throw some plat Down on another 30day booster tomorrow

Yeah I'm gonna put this in as a recommendation as well. The amount of time a booster saves is absolutely insane and I've done all my PoE stuff with one.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

If you still need Ostron rep, do the T5 bounty. It seriously just poops out 2x wisps instead of anything else! :unsmith:

I just made Surah.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

AttackBacon posted:

Alright! Here (https://tinyurl.com/BaconPoE) is the first version of my PoE guide.

Keep in mind this is not intended to be a guide to the very basics. I leave that to the Wiki, along with exact descriptions of the mechanics, etc. The Wiki for Warframe is really good, use it! This is more a guide to how I think it's to best spend your time on the Plains and how I go about doing things. It also includes my guide to Zaws and will include a guide to Amps as well. I'll probably have it all done by this weekend.

I've enabled commenting (a terrible mistake?) so please leave comments and corrections, I'm sure I'll get some stuff wrong but I think in general it's all pretty accurate and reflects my experience. You can also just PM me or respond in the thread, I'll see it. In addition to the section on Amps it also needs the sections on Mining and Eidolon Hunting, expect those in the next couple days as well.

Looking forward to Dolon part!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Since I'm just starting this game, the smallest things confuse me.

Why is this pistol on my inventory? Why is it so god drat strong?

Turns out I created my account for the beta in 2013 and ended up never playing it, but I'm still eligible for a lato vandal, apparently.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone mind sharing their builds for the Sybaris Prime? I gotta give up some slots for Hunter Munitions and figuring out what I want to drop. probs one of the dual mods is best? Shred worth an add as well?

Dunno how I'm gonna mod in magnetic damage for high level corpus at the same time. Thoughts/help?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind sharing their builds for the Sybaris Prime? I gotta give up some slots for Hunter Munitions and figuring out what I want to drop. probs one of the dual mods is best? Shred worth an add as well?

Dunno how I'm gonna mod in magnetic damage for high level corpus at the same time. Thoughts/help?

Sybaris is kind of a slow-firing semi-auto weapon that aims to kill in only a few shots, so it's not too hot with corrosive procs which you kind of want a lot of. So with the build you're using, status chance doesn't really matter. I'd either ditch one of the 60% mods for HM or switch the status mods from corrosive to viral and then drop both 90% mods for hunter munitions + vigilante armaments.
But even though corrosive status isn't doing too much work, the damage type is still really good against ferrite armor. So i'm not sure exactly where the tradeoff point is when swapping from corrosive 90% mods to viral 60% mods becomes worthwhile. Or it might be worth swapping from corrosive to radiation damage, if you can kill the chumps in one burst but need more oomph against bombards etc.

edit: And the viral + munitions build is equally good against high level corpus as against grineer, since both viral and slash status bypass shields. Magnetic is for nerds.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 28, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Flipswitch posted:

Never, EVER mod for magnetic, it is so garbage. The elements I'd suggest for a semi/slow firing weapon like the sybaris would be Radiation for the type effectiveness against everything that matters(the tougher grineer like bombard and heavy gunner), or Viral for the debuff.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Never mod for magnetic, ever. If you need to wear down corpus, use toxic. Toxic bypasses shields and goes straight to their health pool.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Flipswitch posted:

In the ideal world I would probably run something along the lines of this:

With Hunter Munitions you want to build as much damage and crit chance as possible and then land headshots. Most enemies have a 2x damage multiplier on their head, and if a headshot is a critical hit, then there's another 2x damage multiplier. That's on top of the weapon's existing crit damage multiplier (4.4 in this case), so you're looking at a 17.6x increase in damage on a headshot, and since the gun would have just over a 1.0 crit chance, you would occasionally get orange crits for twice that amount. That's a lot of damage on its own, but the real appeal is that a 100% crit chance on a gun that shoots 3-4 bullets every time you pull the trigger means that you're going to be proccing Hunter Munitions a decent amount, which with this build should cause around 70k damage over six seconds that bypasses all shields and armor each time it activates.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

AttackBacon posted:

This is loving fantastic! Zaw section is everything I'd ever wanted from a guide.

As an avid fisher I like to fish for Norgs in the lake at night simply because when one hotspot runs out, there is always another within sight and bullet jump, so there is no need to go traveling around to other ponds. Also a nice trick with Norgs on the Lake is to bait and illuminate two different hotspots that are some distance but not too far away and hop between the two when you catch all the norgs that have spawned in one place. The fish will have despawned if the distance is long enough, so you dont have to worry about getting rid of eels so more norgs can spawn. Really speeds up catching.

Also for fishing murkrays I'd go to the south-east sea shore at night. The hotspots are close together and at night you don't have to worry about traloks getting in the way. A problem if you go fishing without volt (like I do).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for the awesome informative replies all, it's super helpful. I've basically just been jamming mods that sound cool and not really thinking too much about how it all works. I'll give Vigilante Arm. a go and then add two damage mods to shake about what I'm using, either Corrosive, Viral or Toxin straight up. What do people use vs Infested, Viral?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks for the awesome informative replies all, it's super helpful. I've basically just been jamming mods that sound cool and not really thinking too much about how it all works. I'll give Vigilante Arm. a go and then add two damage mods to shake about what I'm using, either Corrosive, Viral or Toxin straight up. What do people use vs Infested, Viral?

I used autofill for a long time, so you may be up on me!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

turn off the TV posted:

In the ideal world I would probably run something along the lines of this:

With Hunter Munitions you want to build as much damage and crit chance as possible and then land headshots. Most enemies have a 2x damage multiplier on their head, and if a headshot is a critical hit, then there's another 2x damage multiplier. That's on top of the weapon's existing crit damage multiplier (4.4 in this case), so you're looking at a 17.6x increase in damage on a headshot, and since the gun would have just over a 1.0 crit chance, you would occasionally get orange crits for twice that amount. That's a lot of damage on its own, but the real appeal is that a 100% crit chance on a gun that shoots 3-4 bullets every time you pull the trigger means that you're going to be proccing Hunter Munitions a decent amount, which with this build should cause around 70k damage over six seconds that bypasses all shields and armor each time it activates.

This build is perfect except I'm just going to assume you misclicked and put Heat instead of Toxic because Viral is what you want with a Hunter Munitions build. Other than that it's basically the top end of HM builds for Sybaris Prime.

Broose posted:

This is loving fantastic! Zaw section is everything I'd ever wanted from a guide.

As an avid fisher I like to fish for Norgs in the lake at night simply because when one hotspot runs out, there is always another within sight and bullet jump, so there is no need to go traveling around to other ponds. Also a nice trick with Norgs on the Lake is to bait and illuminate two different hotspots that are some distance but not too far away and hop between the two when you catch all the norgs that have spawned in one place. The fish will have despawned if the distance is long enough, so you dont have to worry about getting rid of eels so more norgs can spawn. Really speeds up catching.

Also for fishing murkrays I'd go to the south-east sea shore at night. The hotspots are close together and at night you don't have to worry about traloks getting in the way. A problem if you go fishing without volt (like I do).

Yeah Norg are definitely good I just feel like Cuthol have a better spawn rate and Lungfish are better than Charc Eels from a max-Standing point of view, but it's pretty nitpicky. As you mention, Norg are way easier if you don't want to futz around with Archwing because the hotspots are all over the goddamn place. Norg are also god tier fish for your fish tank so there is that. If you don't mind I may just quote you in the guide since I think it's good to give folks options.

Sininu posted:

Looking forward to Dolon part!

It's on it's way but I'll probably do it in two stages, a general overview with builds first and then a more in-depth discussion of routes, roles, etc. It has the potential to be one of the longest parts so I'll probably break it up a bit like that.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I included heat because blast damage is funny.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

turn off the TV posted:

This exact reason is why I put blast in builds.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
As a lvl 4 back from a long hiatus, should I give a poo poo about these syndicate factions or whatever?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

turn off the TV posted:

Fair. I will note (because I can't help myself) that Blast damage is anti-synergistic with a headshot focused weapon and the Viral proc is about infinity times better for what a Hunter Munitions build wants to do. However, Blast damage is funny and for the vast majority of the starchart it's not going to fuckin matter so go nuts.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

PerniciousKnid posted:

As a lvl 4 back from a long hiatus, should I give a poo poo about these syndicate factions or whatever?

They give nice stuff. Takes a bit of grinding but at the end just more bonuses like relics.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Blast damage used to funnier. But then DE decided to destroy our smiles.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

AttackBacon posted:

Nice guide. Thanks for putting this together. :patriot:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Quirkk posted:

Blast damage used to funnier. But then DE decided to destroy our smiles.

*Staticor a guy*
*He remains on the planet*

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flipswitch posted:

The little infested are weak to gas, while the big ancients etc are weak to corrosive and to a lesser degree blast. But really, infested are all so squishy compared to the other factions that you don't have to really care about damage types.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

who else is excited for another load of potential garbage from baro tomorrow

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

For infested small-fry Heat or Gas. For the larger dudes, Corrosive. Always prioritize ancient healers because they have a damage resist aura that at higher levels can make everything very durable until it's dealt with.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Hey with all the sleepquinox affinity farming discussion, I don't think something was mentioned. Is there a specific mission or type of mission you guys are choosing? Or just any random old thing with decent enemy density?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Raptor1033 posted:

Hey with all the sleepquinox affinity farming discussion, I don't think something was mentioned. Is there a specific mission or type of mission you guys are choosing? Or just any random old thing with decent enemy density?

If you are focus farming with sleepquinox the generally used node is Sedna - Adaro. It's a decently high level Grineer exterminate so the most bullshit thing you will encounter is a Bombard and any melee weapon capable of doing the farm correctly should one-shot those with a finisher if not just a regular slide attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Johnny Joestar posted:

who else is excited for another load of potential garbage from baro tomorrow

I am excited for the Ki'Teer Furniture Bundle, including the Ki'Teer Kouch

I do wonder will he sell a vignette , joking aside