Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm hoping for a dating sim.

they already made a Togi Makabe dating sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Doki Doki Stong Style Club

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NJPW X Kamen Rider, where your favourite prograps dudes become bugmen to fight for justice.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

coconono posted:

my sources say its an Oregon Trail game but with NJPW guys and a tour bus.

Something may have gotten lost in translation.

I would actually play this. No joke.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Sanguinia posted:

I got the scoopz brother. Its New Japan X Barkley: Shut Up And Jam Gaiden. The only thing that can stop the next Chaos Dunk is... CHAOS!

Don't flood my mind with delusions of grandeur.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kojima: Shut Up And Eat Bread Gaiden: But Not Right Before Bed Let's All Eat Bread In The Morning

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Kojima: Shut Up And Eat Bread Gaiden: But Not Right Before Bed Let's All Eat Bread In The Morning

Satoshi kojima stars in baking papa, a brand new njpw licensed game for the Nintendo wii

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

shiksa posted:

Satoshi kojima stars in baking papa, a brand new njpw licensed game for the Nintendo wii

LARIATOAST!!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ugh now I kinda want that to be real because I want kojima to knead dough with his neverending chops

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/945992376283119616

How can you be cheering against him at the Dome? HOW?!?!?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/945992376283119616

How can you be cheering against him at the Dome? HOW?!?!?

You want KUSHIDA to win and set up lots of great Ready Player One joke tweets.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

You want KUSHIDA to win and set up lots of great Ready Player One joke tweets.

Thanks you've managed to make me almost hate KUSHIDA!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Thanks you've managed to make me almost hate KUSHIDA!

For a second I thought "I hope he doesn't like that book" and then screamed LALALALALALALLA until I thought of literally anything else.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

MassRafTer posted:

For a second I thought "I hope he doesn't like that book" and then screamed LALALALALALALLA until I thought of literally anything else.

You could think about Okada's Rainmaker gimmick being inspired by a possible love of Reagan and trickle down economics

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

schweens posted:

You could think about Okada's Rainmaker gimmick being inspired by a possible love of Reagan and trickle down economics

Naito is a sovereign citizen

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I rewatched Dominion to get me into the mood for WK12 and I've decided I need LIJ to sweep up all the titles. Bushi can also win the rumble or whatever. Maybe just show up and spray mist in everyone's faces.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Gumball Gumption posted:

I rewatched Dominion to get me into the mood for WK12 and I've decided I need LIJ to sweep up all the titles. Bushi can also win the rumble or whatever. Maybe just show up and spray mist in everyone's faces.

I'm really excited. I had about 8 people over for Dominion but for WK12 it's looking like 12 or so. I'm really excited that people I know are enjoying it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm hoping for a dating sim.

Yeah I want a Yano game too :allears:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm really excited. I had about 8 people over for Dominion but for WK12 it's looking like 12 or so. I'm really excited that people I know are enjoying it!

I've gone from being the wrestling weirdo in my house to getting all of my roommates into NJPW. they're all really hyped up for it. My girlfriend has started telling me she's gonna kick my rear end on January 4th at Wrestle Kingdom 12 at the Tokyo Dome.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Bros, we're almost literally one week away. To pass the time and accentuate my hype I'm watching past WKs. There are many great moments and memories that we should relive, and to kick things off I wanted to share not just one of my favorite matches ever, but maybe the last truly great call by JR. Skip to 49 minutes.

https://rutube.ru/video/bee3bbc3e39b41938b0267c9ccbb9a4c/

E: Don't think I can inbed and couldn't find the JR call on Youtube.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Me: Wow are these people insane?

Me 10 years ago: Let's all have a party and stay up all night for a DREAM Dynamite show none of us give a poo poo about!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It being on a weekday really sucks cause I want to watch it live but have work the next day but my sick days reset sooooooo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It being on a weekday really sucks cause I want to watch it live but have work the next day but my sick days reset sooooooo

"Hello work I am sick of the best wrestler in the world being champion, I will not be in tomorrow."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

Me: Wow are these people insane?

Me 10 years ago: Let's all have a party and stay up all night for a DREAM Dynamite show none of us give a poo poo about!

We are actually watching it Saturday afternoon, I'm going to avoid spoilers until then (or I might just watch it live, and then again on Saturday I haven't decided)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to watch it and may get in trouble on here during the unfolding of the card, unintentionally.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's really amazing to me how much mainstream publicity the Jericho match has

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I returned from my Parents with three Ambien to help be get to sleep earlier and earlier on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so I can get enough sleep but still wake up for WK. Let's hope this works.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Pinwiz11 posted:

I returned from my Parents with three Ambien to help be get to sleep earlier and earlier on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so I can get enough sleep but still wake up for WK. Let's hope this works.

Should have just gotten one adderall instead!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Should have just gotten one adderall instead!

I have to go to work after and be nice to people. This would be a Bad Idea.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Pinwiz11 posted:

I have to go to work after and be nice to people. This would be a Bad Idea.

Godspeed, friend. I am so glad to live in AEDT just for this event.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/946372696484532225
https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/946094708832346120

Congratulations to the biggest draws in wrestling, Tetsuya Naito and Roppongi 3K.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Latest WON says that as of a couple days ago they were closing in on 40k out. Could be that paid attendance tops out around 35k, but between papering and walk-ups 50k in the building is in play this year.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvukCR_sQA

hey everyone lets listen to katsuyori shibata's theme music, a good song for a good wrestler who did too many very real headbutts.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/Twwitterdotcom/status/946695699277795329

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I want a Yano game too :allears:

I'm gunning for the ending where I get zero waifus because I show up to every first date with my DVD and shill it to the women until they leave in disgust.

And then I do the signature Yano :shrug: taunt

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Anyone who is a WO subscriber should check out the Kenny Omega interview. All of the ones he does with WO are really interesting and insightful but I found these points particularly fascinating:

- He's kept in the dark on match results until right before, which he's mentioned in other interviews, but so are Okada and Naito, which kind of surprises me. He thinks that Gedo's brain trust is Tanahashi, Liger and maybe Nagata.

- Long Beach was more exhausting than the G1s, and this year's G1 was harder than last year.

- He and Ibushi have been approached a handful of times about doing a match but have turned it down, noting that he feels it needs to be bigger than a one-off. More interesting is his theory that NJ hasn't seen it as the big match that most of us do, but he speculates that the company's thinking is evolving on this.

- Matches he wants the most: Ibushi (in the right circumstance), Tanahashi (one last big singles), Naito (including a whole program), and Bullet Club guys.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

feel like the last two are extremely worked answers

all those matches are happening in 2018 and he knows it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect Omega/Ibushi to happen at Long Beach.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lmao if you think Omega has a veto option. He's a foreigner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

my guess is that this year's big NYD angle is going to be a Bullet Club split, because yeah the hinting was as blatant as his Ishii answer was on that interview he did during his "hiatus"

• Locked thread