Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Maneki Neko posted:

It’s really only playable on the bone x at the moment, got my Doritos one x last Friday and I’m really impressed at the improvement in loading time and frame rate on most games.

It's playable on a Day One, actually. I'm sure it runs way better on a Bonx though.

Turn off the daemon that streams and captures video and screenshots and you see a notable improvement in loading times. The ground usually finishes loading by the time I get there now.

Something that's pretty hilarious to me is the number of people trying to bunny hop to evade me in this game. That doesn't work very well for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Was able to score free pubg for my dorito box by giving a m$ rep my xbonx sn over online support chat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Was able to score free pubg for my dorito box by giving a m$ rep my xbonx sn over online support chat

Congrats

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Is there a dedicated Xbox PUBG thread, since the existing thread is literally telling Xbox players to :getout:?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think that can be attributed to be about 40% PC Master Race and 60% because our version of the game is about 6 months behind theirs.

I have no intention in making an Xbox PUBG thread, so by all means, do it if you'd like.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's playable on a Day One, actually. I'm sure it runs way better on a Bonx though.

It's playable in the same way that International Soccer for C64 is playable, in that it works. It runs and looks so awful that I don't want to play it though.

RS Siege has the same thrilling last man standing gameplay on xbox but it is 60fps. I'm gonna stick with that.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Here, I made a PUBG Xbox thread. Go hog wild.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844851

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's playable in the same way that International Soccer for C64 is playable, in that it works. It runs and looks so awful that I don't want to play it though.

RS Siege has the same thrilling last man standing gameplay on xbox but it is 60fps. I'm gonna stick with that.

It plays fine except for the occasional networking issues and crashes.

Perhaps you are being hyperbolic.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The ground usually finishes loading by the time I get there now.
usually

sounds fine yeah

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It plays fine except for the occasional networking issues and crashes.

Perhaps you are being hyperbolic.

No I actually bought it and it ran so poorly that I didn't play a second game. Lag, rubber banding, terrible texture load in. It's an embarassment and I hope it's not too many people's first experience with the X.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's a paid beta. It has some jank. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Beastie posted:

It's a paid beta. It has some jank. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

"some"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I understand it, I just think it's terrible garbage.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Best buy never sent the PUBG download code that was supposed to come with my Bonx, then customer service said they'd resend it and they never did. I don't even care at this point, I probably would have just given it away.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sony players in 2001: Heh, this counterstrike game is total garbage, who made these models, some sort of amateur modder? <instead plays upcoming PS4 exclusive re-re-re-master>

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sony players in 2001: Heh, this counterstrike game is total garbage, who made these models, some sort of amateur modder? <instead plays upcoming PS4 exclusive re-re-re-master>

Xbox players in 2017: i paid 500 for a broken ugly beta

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's definitely stabilized a bit since launch. I never expected it to run buttery smooth, not even on my X. Pretty much everyone knew what the preview would be like.

Regardless, my friends and I are having a blast with it. Don't regret the $22.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ether Frenzy posted:

this post is shockingly stupid even for you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

It's definitely stabilized a bit since launch. I never expected it to run buttery smooth, not even on my X. Pretty much everyone knew what the preview would be like.

Regardless, my friends and I are having a blast with it. Don't regret the $22.

The input lag is the killer for me. Ill check it out when thats fixed

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Awesome! posted:

this post is shockingly stupid even for you

Sorry you super-don't like PUBG so much you see the need to explain how it's not actually fun to the people who enjoy it, didn't mean to hurt your feelings

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont think ive said anything about it being fun or not but keep making up random poo poo dude

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Gettin' tanky up in here.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im on island 2 of cuphead and its not hard enough when does hard mode unlock?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

I Don't even think the ps4 existed in 2001

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGBwrJ6rtI

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Zelder posted:

I Don't even think the ps4 existed in 2001

they were playing socom

still worse then halo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I remember playing SOCOM online and having to explain to my mom that I couldn’t pause it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

In 2001, Counter-Strike models were better than anything in PS1 and PS2 so I don't know what are you talking about.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I picked up a used OG XBOX One to play the PUBG and it runs fine. It is janky but I knew that going in. I never played the PC version so I have nothing to compare it to.

I usually hate online FPS, but loved this game. I was playing alone and it felt like a loving horror movie, not knowing when I would die. Loved it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

150ms of input lag

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

lazerus06 posted:

I picked up a used OG XBOX One to play the PUBG and it runs fine. It is janky but I knew that going in. I never played the PC version so I have nothing to compare it to.

I usually hate online FPS, but loved this game. I was playing alone and it felt like a loving horror movie, not knowing when I would die. Loved it.

It's impossible to specify which xbox you are talking about when speaking aloud.

Which Xbox do you have? Xbox 1? Xbox One? OG Xbox? OG Xbox One? OG Xbox 1? Xbox One S? Xbox one X?

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It's impossible to specify which xbox you are talking about when speaking aloud.

Which Xbox do you have? Xbox 1? Xbox One? OG Xbox? OG Xbox One? OG Xbox 1? Xbox One S? Xbox one X?

gently caress if I know. Its not the XBox One X or an Xbox One S. It is the original Xbox One that came out in 2014 I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lazerus06 posted:

gently caress if I know. Its not the XBox One X or an Xbox One S. It is the original Xbox One that came out in 2014 I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh, time is moving at an uncomfortably fast rate.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

lazerus06 posted:

Oh sorry, that wasn't a question, it was rhetorical to point out how stupid Microsoft is. If you'll excuse me, I'll go turn on my Forza Motorsport Xbox One to watch youtube.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Oh sorry, that wasn't a question, it was rhetorical to point out how stupid Microsoft is. If you'll excuse me, I'll go turn on my Forza Motorsport Xbox One to watch youtube.

My bad, I now see what you did there.

What I was trying to say was that PUBG runs fine for me on Xbox One non vape edition.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

lazerus06 posted:

What I was trying to say was that PUBG runs fine for me on Xbox One non vape edition.

no it doesn't, that's not how it works

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is my video invisible?

Also people need to define what their personal tolerance level for bullshit. Some people are fine with 20 fps screen tearing choppyness but gently caress that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RBX posted:

Is my video invisible?

Also people need to define what their personal tolerance level for bullshit. Some people are fine with 20 fps screen tearing choppyness but gently caress that.

I haven't noticed any screen tearing in PUBG, and that's the one thing that can make me lose my cool about a video game.

As long as I'm not killed because of the framerate, mid-20's framerate is acceptable in an Early Access/Game Preview game.

I am killed for all kinds of reasons that aren't framerate.

Some of you are like the Princess And The Pea except for instead of your princess assess its your eyeballs and peas of two different kinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Just booted up PUBG and the framerate is much better than it was two days ago.