Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

pubic works project posted:

14 teams, 7 bench spots. We might discuss going to 6 spots with an IR spot at our end of the season party.

OxySnake posted:

My BML has 14 teams and 7 bench spots.

As the new champ / commish I am going to push hard for 6 bench + IR spot.

:hfive:

I too have not loved having absolute trash on the WW every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
14/5+1 and it still felt like the WW was complete garbage.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
My 14 team is 7+IR, 12 team is 7+2IR. They both have some IDP, so they're fairly bare but perhaps not as bare as they could be.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s everyone’s bench size? My work league has been in talks since the playoffs started about reducing bench size. I’m all for it since forcing people to play waivers / FA and reduce hoarding is my jam. Which made me wonder if there’s such a thing as people playing with little no bench space.

My work League did 3 man bench, down from 4 last year. Nobody is ever out of the league if you play the wavier game right. It was a lot of fun I thought. Tho trades will be non existent.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s everyone’s bench size? My work league has been in talks since the playoffs started about reducing bench size. I’m all for it since forcing people to play waivers / FA and reduce hoarding is my jam. Which made me wonder if there’s such a thing as people playing with little no bench space.

We've been running 5 bench and one IR slot. I feel it got more competitive when we lowered it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doltos posted:

He went off last year in the playoffs too which is why I rostered him this entire miserable year only to cut him before he went off.

He's on my gently caress this guy list next to Amari Cooper. Ain't ever touching either one of them again.

Definitely my first and last year with Cooper as well. I'm happy and lucky to have gotten his best game though

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

the_american_dream posted:

Definitely my first and last year with Cooper as well. I'm happy and lucky to have gotten his best game though

I said the same thing last year about Gurley and Nuk... :suicide:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol, Yahoo gave me a B+ overall for the year on one of my teams because I didn't make enough transactions to improve my team.

Well I'm sorry Yahoo, I was busy shattering league scoring records because my team was loaded.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We have a two week playoff and the guy I’m playing has Gurley. Any chance he gets sat this week?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

lol, Yahoo gave me a B+ overall for the year on one of my teams because I didn't make enough transactions to improve my team.

Well I'm sorry Yahoo, I was busy shattering league scoring records because my team was loaded.

I got a B+ on my 'ship winning team because it really didn't like my draft, because I didn't spend enough draft capital on WRs. (Freeman->Murray->Kelce->Fitz->Hunt->Diggs), then all WRs + 1 QB/kick/def

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

We have a two week playoff and the guy I’m playing has Gurley. Any chance he gets sat this week?

I think the Rams are locked in their position. I doubt he plays much, maybe a half.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think the Rams are locked in their position. I doubt he plays much, maybe a half.

Not entirely locked in but they can only finish as the third or fourth seed so basically locked in.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Am I going to run Josh Gordon and Antonio Gates in this stupid 2nd week for the championship on week 17 just because I can? Hell yea I am.

In other news, I have a time machine for sale that only goes back to 2013 which I'll be done using soon.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
McVay just said Goff and Gurley are being benched.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

McVay just said Goff and Gurley are being benched.

Hell yeah

Where did you see it?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Sleeperbot, but the link to some dudes Twitter crashes every time I click it.

So I don't know is the answer

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell yeah

Where did you see it?

via Rotoworld

https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/946149223438860288

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well poo poo. I still have my 2nd week of the championship game to go and now ha e to figure out a replacement for Gurley. Luckily I have a 30 point advantage going in, but still

EDIT: gently caress! Smith and Hill are being benched too. This is really going to screw me

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 28, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kloaked00 posted:

This is really going to screw me

Whoa, this is certainly an unexpected predicament that your commissioner had no industry-standard way to anticipate and correct months ahead of time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

your fault for playing in a week 17 league tbh

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The disturbing part is that the default on every website is for leagues to end on Week 16. So you have to have a commissioner who thinks: "I am going to go in and manually change this to have a Week 17 championship. This is a good idea."

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

The disturbing part is that the default on every website is for leagues to end on Week 16. So you have to have a commissioner who thinks: "I am going to go in and manually change this to have a Week 17 championship. This is a good idea."

Did ESPN change it so the finals weren't 16-17?
Because that would be only 10 years behind common sense, as opposed to their usual ~12

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re using week 17 you might as well make it a 20 week season and count the preseason games too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Asking for a friend but is there any site that tracks penalties and can implement them into fantasy?

Like 'your guy got a 50yd pass interference penalty, you get 5pts. Also you have the cb who caused it so here is another 5pts"

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
dude...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I wanna call it Aggravation League.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I wanna call it Aggravation League.

Looks like MFL can do penalties taken, penalties taken resulting in a first, and penalty yards taken. But not the drawn side.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So Brady hasn’t played well in recent weeks and I have Jimmy G’s sexy face staring at me on my bench. I’m currently 43 points behind the guy I’m playing thanks to Gurley going hog wild and Crabtree/Jeffery not recording a catch last week.

Do I just say gently caress it and play Jimmy and see what happens?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

So Brady hasn’t played well in recent weeks and I have Jimmy G’s sexy face staring at me on my bench. I’m currently 43 points behind the guy I’m playing thanks to Gurley going hog wild and Crabtree/Jeffery not recording a catch last week.

Do I just say gently caress it and play Jimmy and see what happens?

Doesnt Belichick usually bench Brady at the half of week 17?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Let's punish week 17 leagues more

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/946450213060972547

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

Doesnt Belichick usually bench Brady at the half of week 17?

gently caress if I know, this is the first time I’ve gone with Brady as my QB

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I would def start handsome Jimmy or even Patrick Mahomes over Brady this week.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Kloaked00 posted:

Well poo poo. I still have my 2nd week of the championship game to go and now ha e to figure out a replacement for Gurley. Luckily I have a 30 point advantage going in, but still

EDIT: gently caress! Smith and Hill are being benched too. This is really going to screw me

Noooooooooo!!!!! Not DeAndre too!!!

There goes my QB, RB1, WR1 And WR2

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love watching teams with week 17 championships burn. :allears:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I don't see how any league does it for more than one season before seeing how miserable it is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

I would def start handsome Jimmy or even Patrick Mahomes over Brady this week.

It'd make me really happy if someone won their championship by starting mahomes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/tribjoerutter/status/946483000514097159

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm just going to record these in the preseason so I can take week 17 off, next year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qZ-zj0TaM

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

IcePhoenix posted:

I love watching teams with week 17 championships burn. :allears:

It happened to me back in 2006. Will never play in a 17 week league week again.

I’d rather play the 4th preseason week than week 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Speaking of, I'm stuck playing for the championship in a 17 week league. I'm up 24 points after week 16 and here's my lineup. Thinking of dropping Kelce for Gates or Ebron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread