Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shoenin posted:

All I got was the Tifa LMR, and I have none of her relics aside her very 1st one.

It's at least +Earth armour. Galuf has no such luxury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
News from Japan: Paladin Cecil is getting Wall. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

DK Cecil is finally becoming relevant again too.

DK Cecil USB: Self Damage 99% Current HP, 100% Stoneskin, Darkness Abilities Quick Cast + Double Cast (Note that this is not like other double cast USBs in that it doesn't eat extra hones!)
DK Cecil FSB: Instant Stoneskin 100% + Darkness Damage Buff

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably a dumb question but can you link/backup your account to anything other than facebook? Or is it already tied to my email anyway?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Since I'm skipping Banner 3 despite wanting Tidus' stuff (I akready have Cloud USB and BSB2 and Zack CSB and BSB), I decided to sink the extra pulls into first one chasing Bartz USB and Ingus CSB. The end result was Bartz USB and BSB, Maria BSB, Ingus BSB x2, and Tifa OSB, BSB x2, and LMR.

I now have a viable earth team.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Avalerion posted:

Probably a dumb question but can you link/backup your account to anything other than facebook? Or is it already tied to my email anyway?

Don't know if it's only for Android, but you can link your FFRK to your Google account too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know apple automatically saves your profile to game center .

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Varance posted:

News from Japan: Paladin Cecil is getting Wall. :toot:

Its cool someone else aside Tyrone and Y'shtola is getting wall, but Wall really should've been a 6* ability (or a very hard to make 5*) by now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

As it is in JP now, everyone gets Sentinel's for free just from doing the library missions. Presumably they feel safe putting wall on more new relics again because it's baseline for every player.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Shoenin posted:

Only ones remaining up were the Blood feud of RAIDEN OF MIST and TERROR BALTIMORE

You loving madman

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know apple automatically saves your profile to game center .

Didn't have that activated, have now so cheers!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
This FFIV event almost has me as excited then those fest banners. Pecil's Wall + Medica chase USB and Flash Art skipping the Enholy stacking for a 2000 HP Stock, Decil's actual good Stoneskin gimmick SB compared to Noctis, Palom with a dualcast Black dive and getting the next Black Double USB, and Barbaccia finally bringing us a Wind Black Magic ability other then Meltdown.

Even Fusoya gets a dualcast White AND Black LM2 which would be great with his old SSB, and a Enholy magic burst with Squall styled BSB commands.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

All I got was the Tifa LMR, and I have none of her relics aside her very 1st one.

all i have for Galuf is nothing, and the entirety of the rest of my earth relics are Ingus tauntaliate shield and lovely ssb.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Is anyone skipping the Festival Banners and going all in on the Onion Knight Banner? If Onion Knight's USBs are as good as people are saying it sounds like Onion Knight has a place in every party, while Chains, although really powerful, will only be used in certain fights. I would pull on both but I only have 150 mythril at the moment...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

all i have for Galuf is nothing, and the entirety of the rest of my earth relics are Ingus tauntaliate shield and lovely ssb.

Being able to dualcast Lifebane is still pretty dang good. It's not as flashy as an SB, but it's effectively 35% more damage for free.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

private message posted:

Is anyone skipping the Festival Banners and going all in on the Onion Knight Banner? If Onion Knight's USBs are as good as people are saying it sounds like Onion Knight has a place in every party, while Chains, although really powerful, will only be used in certain fights. I would pull on both but I only have 150 mythril at the moment...

I have nothing on banner 3 and 4 and my ice coverage is nonexistent so I'm definitely pulling on both at least once. OKs ATK USB would be a huge upgrade for me but I already have his BSB

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Shock Trooper posted:

You loving madman

Look it just happened

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Already chatted about, but the end of the year FFIV event in JP fulfills both outstanding fan poll decisions (Palom and Porom TAY wardrobe records, playable Barbariccia), gives Fusoya a LD and... a BSB!, and gives a sizeable boost for the Cecils, with a new Wall and another take on the Stoneskin=Power gimmick.

Plus a wind black magic that's not Meltdown-

5* Black Magic ability, Tornado: 4 single-target Wind magic attacks

Four new legend dives in this event; Barbariccia, Palom, Porom, and Fusoya!

Legend Materia posted:

Barbariccia LM1: Wind Damage +10%
Barbariccia LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Wind abilities
Barbariccia LMR: En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Palom LM1: BLK Damage +10%
Palom LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Black Magic abilities
Palom LMR: En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Porom LM1: Heal +15%
Porom LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Porom LMR: When using single-target healing abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

Fusoya LM1: BLK Damage +10% & Heal +15%
Fusoya LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Black Magic or White Magic abilities

Banner 1 posted:

Paladin Cecil's Excalibur II [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy Overflow physical attacks
Dark Knight Cecil's Demon Slayer [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks

Paladin Cecil's Force Shield [USSB, +10 ATK] - DEF & RES +200% to party, EX "Lunarian" to user
EX "Lunarian": ATK & DEF +30%, 1500 heal to front-row members after using Knight abilities
Dark Knight Cecil's Demon Helm [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, 99% curHP recoil, 100% Stoneskin & EX "Red Wings" to user
EX "Red Wings": ATK +30%, Quick Darkness & Dualcast Darkness; Disappears simultaneously with Stoneskin

Paladin Cecil's Paladin's Armlet [FTSB, +10 ATK] - En-Holy to user, 2000 HP Stock to party, Instant Cast
Dark Knight Cecil's Demon Shield [FTSB, +10 ATK] - 100% Stoneskin & Darkness Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast

Dark Knight Cecil's Helter-Skelter [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks
Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, Darkness Damage +15% for 3 turns
Fusoya's Gravity Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Holy/NE magic attacks, En-Holy, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Holy/NE magic attacks, +1 Moon Guardian (maximum 3 stacks)
Defend -> 3~6 single-target Holy/NE magic attacks, hit count & multiplier depends on number of Moon Guardian stacks
Paladin Cecil's Apocalypse [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, Sentinel, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~5 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of attacks received
Defend -> 4 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, RES +100%
Edward's Lamia Harp [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50% to party, Imperil Holy to all targets, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Holy ranged physical attack, ATK & MAG -20%, Saps user
Defend -> Single-target Holy ranged physical attack, DEF & RES -20%, Saps user

Paladin Cecil's Caesar's Plate [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Dark Knight Cecil's Arondight [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Dark Knight Cecil's Hades Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - Once per battle when HP falls below 20% HP, Guts and ATK +35% & DEF -35% to user
Edward's Requiem Harp [LMR, +10 ATK] - Stat Buff Duration +30%

Banner 2 posted:

Barbariccia's Dagger [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, En-Wind, MAG & RES +30% and Tailwind to user
Tailwind: After using Wind abilities, chases with 5 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks
Palom's Mirage Rod [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/Ice magic attacks, En-Lightning, MAG & RES +30% and Black Magic Double to user
Porom's Mage's Staff [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Guts & 40% Reraise to party, Instant Cast
Paladin Cecil's Lightbringer [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy, 6000 HP Stock & EX "Paladin" to user
EX "Paladin": DEF +100%

Barbariccia's Aerial [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, Imperil Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, Quick Cast 2
Defend -> 2 AOE Wind/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%
Palom's Chocobo Suit [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice magic attacks, 10 hits if exploiting weakness, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/Lightning magic attacks, Instant Magic 1 if weakness is exploited
Defend -> 4 single-target Ice/Lightning magic attacks, Instant Magic 1 if weakness is exploited
Porom's Zeus Mace [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and MAG & MND +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal or 20% Raise
Defend -> h25 heal to party
Golbez's Zeromus Shard [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 7 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, Sentinel & MAG +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 30% Stoneskin, activates Summoning Mode; 4 AOE Dark summon magic attacks, deactivates Summoning Mode
Defend -> 4 single-target Dark magic attacks; Each hit restores 20% of damage dealt under Summoning Mode
Edge's Mutsunokami [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Water/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT

Barbariccia's Model [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Palom's Hypnocrown [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Porom's Tabby Suit [LMR, +10 MND] - When using single-target healing abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Golbez's Bascinet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Edge's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant user Physical Blink 1

(note- Decil's USB gives pure dualcast in that it doesn't use an extra hone; compare with Palom's Black Magic Double, which is the somewhat more familiar USB "consume an extra hone for an extra cast")

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Finally a FFIV event without Kain’s Abel Lance! :aaa:

Banner 2 still has Golbez BSB and LMR and I’m not really hurting for his stuff.

Still that’s gonna be a lot of mythril I’ll be saving for this event!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Barb lookin' real good there, hot drat.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!

Hogama posted:

Already chatted about, but the end of the year FFIV event in JP fulfills both outstanding fan poll decisions (Palom and Porom TAY wardrobe records, playable Barbariccia), gives Fusoya a LD and... a BSB!, and gives a sizeable boost for the Cecils, with a new Wall and another take on the Stoneskin=Power gimmick.

Plus a wind black magic that's not Meltdown-

5* Black Magic ability, Tornado: 4 single-target Wind magic attacks

(note- Decil's USB gives pure dualcast in that it doesn't use an extra hone; compare with Palom's Black Magic Double, which is the somewhat more familiar USB "consume an extra hone for an extra cast")

I wasn't exactly clamoring for Barbariccia to be made a playable character, but a doublecast LM2 and a USB with a damage chaser totally makes me reconsider. Also, there's a possibility of a novelty party consisting of Golbez and the four fiends.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Armitage posted:

Finally a FFIV event without Kain’s Abel Lance! :aaa:

Banner 2 still has Golbez BSB and LMR and I’m not really hurting for his stuff.

Still that’s gonna be a lot of mythril I’ll be saving for this event!

Yeah I hate that they're still putting on really outdated BSBs on some of these banners. Like not every relic has to be a homerun, but I think we're at a point where it'd be really nice if the duds of the banners were still decently usable relics contemporaneous to the current state of the game (everything should have something like en-element, imperil, party buff, skill buff, etc.) Golbez BSB was good at some point, but it's pretty lovely now. Not sure Pecil's BSB was ever that good. It's not even like having that baseline would make the dud/11 great, it just wouldn't feel completely awful.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

That lovely pull on the XIII ice banner actually helped me clear Fenrir :stare: Wasn’t pretty but if I level my ice magicite maybe there is hope for a sub 1:00 clear.

At least I won’t feel too bad when I get nothing on banner 4.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah I hate that they're still putting on really outdated BSBs on some of these banners. Like not every relic has to be a homerun, but I think we're at a point where it'd be really nice if the duds of the banners were still decently usable relics contemporaneous to the current state of the game (everything should have something like en-element, imperil, party buff, skill buff, etc.) Golbez BSB was good at some point, but it's pretty lovely now. Not sure Pecil's BSB was ever that good. It's not even like having that baseline would make the dud/11 great, it just wouldn't feel completely awful.

I remember people saying the same thing about generic 5*s.

And then unique 5*s.

And then SSBs.

And now BSBs.

In a year or so people will be moaning that USBs are still on banners.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Hogama posted:

Palom LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Black Magic abilities

Palom's Mirage Rod [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/Ice magic attacks, En-Lightning, MAG & RES +30% and Black Magic Double to user

Palom really gets thrown a bone here. From zero to hero.

Also good for you Cecil(s)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

I remember people saying the same thing about generic 5*s.

And then unique 5*s.

And then SSBs.

And now BSBs.

In a year or so people will be moaning that USBs are still on banners.

I bolded outdated for a reason. BSBs are fine. Hell, some SSBs are completely fine. Noctis, Ramza's Chant, there are a few other standouts. Golbez BSB, though, is poo poo.

Fusoya's and Barb's BSB are good. Edge's is acceptable for en-element. Palom's is ok for certain multi-elemental battle niches. Golbez's BSB is pretty lovely even today, let alone 6 months from now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

I bolded outdated for a reason. BSBs are fine. Hell, some SSBs are completely fine. Noctis, Ramza's Chant, there are a few other standouts. Golbez BSB, though, is poo poo.

Fusoya's and Barb's BSB are good. Edge's is acceptable for en-element. Palom's is ok for certain multi-elemental battle niches. Golbez's BSB is pretty lovely even today, let alone 6 months from now.

I wasn't deadly serious, it's just fun to see power creep keep on creeping.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

jebeebus posted:

Man, it's a little discouraging when you spend 240 stam only to net you a whopping 3 major orbs. I feel like I'd rather just stick to Torments for the consistent rates.

Are you counting the greater orbs? Because every daily run stage I do gets me 6-8 of those, so like basically 4 major orbs for 240 at the absolute minimum, and there's no way in hell you should consistently be running into zero pots. Every pot drops 2 major orbs, so you only need to hit one or two to make up for it. I don't think I've ever spent 240 stamina without hitting at least 2 of them, tbh.

If you get a really unlucky run it's worse than Torment dungeons, but the really lucky runs are *way* better and it's a hell of a lot faster / more mindless. I will absolutely take a small hit every once in a while if it means I can just hit auto-attack and walk away from my phone instead of having to pay attention for like 10 minutes, but this game is already on the borderline of "taking up way too much of my time" so if that's not an issue for you then Torments might be more attractive.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I decided to egg up Gabranth to 99 and muck around with the Test of Strength to see what I can wrangle out of him with his USB, Dark Bargain, and Dread Weapon.

His biggest detriment is his blazingly fast 107 SPD at Level 99. :downs:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rotating weakness boss medal conditions are the worst poo poo. I was Rainesing through some of the 6* ability fights today since I had a lull at work and no stamina. The meltdown guy is ridiculous. I could straight up 2-man him with Raines and a healer, but the mastery condition requires tagging him with lightning and water when he's weak to the element. I think "no problem" and bring along Terra with those elements. He starts out apparently weak to nothing. After I knock off a third of his HP he shifts to being weak to earth. Another 1/3 down he shifts to loving poison. Then he starts shifting somewhat frequently but it stops telling me what this means he is now weak to. Does him hitting me with fire mean he's weak to water or attuned to and therefore strong against water? I ended up just finishing him off since my doom counter was getting low. I guess I'll go back when I need the crystals.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Are you counting the greater orbs? Because every daily run stage I do gets me 6-8 of those, so like basically 4 major orbs for 240 at the absolute minimum, and there's no way in hell you should consistently be running into zero pots. Every pot drops 2 major orbs, so you only need to hit one or two to make up for it. I don't think I've ever spent 240 stamina without hitting at least 2 of them, tbh.

If you get a really unlucky run it's worse than Torment dungeons, but the really lucky runs are *way* better and it's a hell of a lot faster / more mindless. I will absolutely take a small hit every once in a while if it means I can just hit auto-attack and walk away from my phone instead of having to pay attention for like 10 minutes, but this game is already on the borderline of "taking up way too much of my time" so if that's not an issue for you then Torments might be more attractive.

RNG is RNG. Two days ago I farmed 11 or 12 crystals in about 9 total runs (900 stamina) which was awesome. Today, I've done 5 total and only gotten 3 crystals and it feels frustrating as hell. But I take a step back and realize I'm going for the chance to R4 Meltdown, and I might not even pull the trigger once I do finish farming. Without ViviUSB it's a complete luxury, but it's been so key in sub 30s for all of its magicite elements.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
barb spoilers mean NOTHING without a sprite

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

private message posted:

Going all in with 4 pulls. Even if I get one USB or the other I'm going to pull until at least I get 2/3 of his USB, LMR.

Realistically I'm going to get 3 BSB bracers and 1 USB if I'm lucky. NEVER NOT NOT CHASE

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

barb spoilers mean NOTHING without a sprite

it's literally in the first image in that post though

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ahh I did not factor those in, that makes me feel a little better. I suppose each 40 stam run should net you about 0.6~0.9 major's worth of greaters.

It was still frustrating not seeing a single pot in 240 stam, only picking up 3 majors from the regular trash. But I know that's too small of a sample for any conclusion, I guess I just need to keep trying them to see how it balances out.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 29, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Brother Entropy posted:

it's literally in the first image in that post though

oh poo poo I thought that was terra for some reason lol

e Wait that's literally a terra reskin, that's why I was confused.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Now that crystals are so much more accessible I’m more inclined to use up the stash I have. I currently have Snowspell Strike at rank 2 and R1 Mug Bloodlust.

I’m one Wind Crystal short for R3 Snowspell, plus I can do Curada to R2 and Omega Drive to R2 right away. I’m pretty sure aiming to R3 Snowspell, Curada and Omega Drive are pretty safe bets.

What’s next after that though? Meltdown seems popular although the only mage I regularly use is Cid Raines. R1 Affliction Break and Quadrouple Foul seem useful. I have tons of job motes, 30+ of pretty much everything but Knight and the current Torments will give me 30 Knight motes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Meltdown is really good but shares crystals with Curada and Mug Bloodlust. I've never needed Mug Bloodlust to be anything higher than R1, but Curada is definitely nice to have around. SSS and Omega Drive are definitely safe picks.

Affliction Break is handy and I like having it at R2 since it only lasts 15 seconds iirc. I can't really think of any time where having more uses would have been useful.

Quadruple Foul is useless, don't bother. The other totally poo poo ones are Aegis Strike, Reraise, Penalty Snipe, and Dervish.

Lifesbane is, I believe, still just worse than Omega Drive, and most (all?) characters that can use Lifesbane can use OD, too. But you can only have one copy of Omega Drive, so Lifesbane works as a slightly worse second copy of OD in a pinch, I guess. Worth keeping one or two copies around in case they buff monk skills, probably.

Sky High isn't bad but Aerial Strike is currently pretty much just as good (unless you regularly run weird all-dragoon teams) and only needs major orbs. Mug Bloodlust and Stitch in Time are situationally good but R1 should be plenty for any fight you'd want to bring them to.

Valigarmanda and Neo-Bahamut are both quite strong - I haven't bothered making Neo-Bahamut since summoning crystals seem to be the rarest by far and being able to hit multiple elements, take advantage of elemental doublecast dives, and boost it with +elemental gear makes Valigarmanda more attractive to me, but there are some situations where Neo-Bahamut will be better, especially if you are easily capping all of the hits.

I've never bothered with Ultima - it was total poo poo for a while and now I think it's basically in the same position w/r/t Meltdown as the summoning 6*s are. I know it's super good for clearing Torment trash but meh.

Demonsblood is alright but I think I've only ever used it like twice and R1 was plenty. It's kind of clunky since you need a draw fire effect to pair it with, either from another skill or an SB, but there's some silly stuff you can do with retaliate and Cloud's USB if you have that. I wouldn't spend any crystals on it but you get it for free with job motes so it's not a bad idea to keep one copy laying around.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 29, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I made an attempt against Vetala that was going badly. The wrong people were getting hit with spells just before the heals went out, stuff like that. He had half his life bar left, so even though Bartz was Cloud RW'd up and raring to go I didn't like my odds. Bartz just had a sliver of life left and my healer was dead, he wasn't getting another chance and Zack and Tyro certainly couldn't manage it alone.

Snowspell Strike, Snowspell Strike, Snowspell Strike, eight-proc on the USB chaser, barely killed him. 2% chance of all that (I don't have the LMR), but when it works it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

KPC_Mammon posted:

Jecht has a bunch of balls. Most of them are terrible. The previous poster was too vague for us to know which one they got.

Which one do you have?

Soul king X

The other 5 and 6 stars so far are:
GIANT axe
Gladius
Slepnirs tail
Lilith rod

I'm using all 5 since these are all I have so far.

What's the easy way for a newbie to get enough of the 4* orbs so I can make shellga and protectga? I'm already running into content where it's obvious I need them.

• Locked thread