Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I love wonder trade gift exchanges. So far I've gotten 3 littens, 2 charmanders, and a mimikyu in a friend ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

PetraCore posted:

Well it's not like a shiny Buneary is a loss. I'll just have to be more careful in the future.
Given Gen 4 remakes will probably happen eventually, you could always save him 'till then. Besides, gen 4 contests included dress-up competitions. :3:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

Given Gen 4 remakes will probably happen eventually, you could always save him 'till then. Besides, gen 4 contests included dress-up competitions. :3:
That's true! I'm EV training him now (along with a bunch of his sisters) and then we'll see!

Guess I need to be careful not to transfer my Mewtwo over to Ultra Sun too early, since I'm trying to get as many ribbons as possible on it. Go do contests, Mewtwo! Sing and dance for me!!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have just finished dumping 2 boxes of Jangmo-o named Merry Xmas and a box of Meditite onto wonder trade. I hope they all found nice homes with new players who can use them. :3:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Aw, that is adorable and awesome, Furnace.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I'm going to post this 100% genuine Pokédex entry here...

Ultra Moon entry for Mimikyu posted:

A gust of wind revealed what hides under this Pokémon’s rag to a passing Trainer, who went home and died painfully that very night.

:wtc:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Still not as spooky as Drampa's.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Still not as spooky as Drampa's.

quote:

If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Furnaceface posted:

I have just finished dumping 2 boxes of Jangmo-o named Merry Xmas and a box of Meditite onto wonder trade. I hope they all found nice homes with new players who can use them. :3:

:hfive: I finished dumping my two boxes of Pokérus Delibirds named Patient Zero ans mostly holding Lum Berries since I couldn't get a crop of Starf and Lansats grown in time sound 1AM this morning. I was so tired I would doze off while waiting to get matched with a trade partner but I got it done. That's life on Christmas day with two young kids, though.

At one point I got back a Delibird named Santa, but he wasn't holding poo poo. Looks like someone looted whatever he had some the way. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Never forget Gengar.

Sun posted:

Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mizuti posted:

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Good dog

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pokemon in 2000: "Alakazam is so smart, I bet he's smarter than a supercomputer"

Pokemon in 2020: "Cuddlepup is said to have murdered an entire village in cold blood and is wanted in 6 regions."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mizuti posted:

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

drampa isn't even a fire type wtf

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

Pokemon in 2000: "Alakazam is so smart, I bet he's smarter than a supercomputer"

Pokemon in 2020: "Cuddlepup is said to have murdered an entire village in cold blood and is wanted in 6 regions."

You might want to read Kadabra or Haunter's old entries

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ever heard of a match

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ummm, it clearly breathes dragon on their houses.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Raserys posted:

Ever heard of a match

Ever heard of TM35 or 38?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
how do i make rotom stop calling me big boy

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Eox posted:

how do i make rotom stop calling me big boy

Keep talking to him and he'll eventually offer to call you something else. Takes time, though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dienes posted:

Keep talking to him and he'll eventually offer to call you something else. Takes time, though.

"Got it, from now on I'll call you DADDY."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Wait, I thought it went [name], Roto-[first letter of name], Master and infinitely looped if you just kept accepting it?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The name he suggests depends on how you answer his questions prior, it seems.

I like how it was a short-sighted way to throw in the code they already had for the nickname back in Gen 6 though.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I told him not to call me Roto-M, big boy just seems to be a favourite term of his

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

have you tried not being a big boy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
yeah just use the shrink ray from Honey I Shrunk The Kids on yourself and Rotom will stop calling you that

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Countblanc posted:

Pokedex entries are basically unsourced wikipedia entries created by 10 year olds.

Exhibit A:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's something wholesome, and rather unexpected, about seeing Ash just have a nice family breakfast with his foster parents.
https://twitter.com/moa151/status/946332296793112576

Delia and Mr Mime are good parents too, but it's nice to actually see Ash be in a "normal" home family life.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 28, 2017

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's something wholesome, and rather unexpected, about seeing Ash just have a nice family breakfast with his foster parents.

Delia and Mr Mime are good parents too, but it's nice to actually see Ash be in a "normal" home family life.

Papa Kukui is best Kukui and that's the kind of SoL I can get behind instead of forced comedy like Rotom and Jigglypuff

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hackers got homebrew on the Switch using the browser. I don't know if it's going to be a Vita situation where games after a certain firmware just won't work, but be ready for Pokemon Switch to have hacks or an early leak at launch.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 28, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dehry posted:

Hackers got homebrew on the Switch using the browser. I don't know if it's going to be a Vita situation where games after a certain firmware just won't work, but be ready for Pokemon Switch to have hacks or an early leak at launch.

Well that certainly didn't take long.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dehry posted:

What browser???

I thought the switch didn't have a browser specifically for this purpose?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cicadas! posted:

What browser???

I thought the switch didn't have a browser specifically for this purpose?

The launch update added one to allow logging in to wifi hotspots. Version 1.0 didn't have it but they found Puyo Puyo Tetris would launch one.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I took a brief look into it and I think the homebrew injection works only on firmware version 3.0.0 specifically. Right now anyway

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Boogle posted:

Pokedex entries are basically unsourced wikipedia entries created by 10 year olds.

Exhibit A:

My personal favorite is Ponyta, the incredibly ordinary looking fire horse:

quote:

Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower or Ayers Rock in a single giant leap. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds.
Though Drifloon is definitely the king of insane Pokédex entries.

quote:

These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.

quote:

Stories go that it grabs the hands of small children and drags them away to the afterlife. It dislikes heavy children.

quote:

Its round body is stuffed with souls and expands each time it leads someone away.

quote:

If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.
But then they confirm that the kidnappings actually happen.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

My favorite entries are the indian elephant ones

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

hosed up that India exists in the pokemon world, and is populated by regular-rear end elephants that are preyed upon by ghastly and raichu.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yamask still has the most hosed up pokedex

quote:

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

quote:

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

Lampent is pretty bad too

quote:

The spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on.

Haunter

quote:

Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.

Gourgeist

quote:

It enwraps its prey in its hair like arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey

basically ghost pokemon are hosed up

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gruckles posted:

hosed up that India exists in the pokemon world, and is populated by regular-rear end elephants that are preyed upon by ghastly and raichu.

india used to exist, but then pokemon appeared and ate all the indian elephants, and india collapsed, along with all other countries

unova, hoenn, alola--they were once part of great empires, but now...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's the pokedex entry that's like "aaaaaah bbbzzzzn the boy love him bepis brrrrraap"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Listen, it made sense when the Kanto Region was a fantasy version of the Kanto Region in Japan before the anime and later games came along.