Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

How does Feral make money anyways

What is it about "independent artist owned network" that implies money is being made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I didn't realise My Favorite Murder left Feral months ago. The only other thing of theirs I listened to was the x files files and that's pretty much dead now, but that's still a lot of shows that are going to have to sort out their own hosting and ads and such.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Know Such Peace posted:

Dustin was the glue holding everything together. Unless Dan Harmon or the Doughboys step in to manage/finance the company, there isn’t a simple path to keeping everything together. If anyone wants to switch networks, this situation offers a clean break.

I agree. The Doughboys should finance and manage a company.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/StarburnsInd/status/945666303993421824

Harmontown, Dumb People Town, and Duncan Trussell’s Family Hour are forming SBI:Audio. This move might save some of the smaller p’casts from Feral. Can’t wait for the juicy insider talk from the HH boys.

Edit: Lol at Dan Harmon and Dino Stamatopoulos being in the vanguard after abuse allegations took down the previous guy.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 26, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm just waiting for Chef Kevin to jump ship

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Know Such Peace posted:

Today’s HH with Jake & Amir might be my favorite ep of the year. It’s combative in the same way as ‘Scharpling 1’. Sean throws a ton of jabs, and Hayes is muffling laughter for the duration of the ep.

Man......I thought it started off SUPER slowly. About 20 minutes in, when Sean started throwing jabs it really peaked. Otherwise.....it was a pretty bland episode imo.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I liked the part where they went off on their dipshit fans who keep assuming their female guests aren't in on the joke

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Know Such Peace posted:

Edit: Lol at Dan Harmon and Dino Stamatopoulos being in the vanguard after abuse allegations took down the previous guy.

Also loling because there just has to be something deep in Dino's closet

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Also loling because there just has to be something deep in Dino's closet

What could possibly be left that we don't already know?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I know Hollywood is broken because last night I saw both Erin Whitehead and Drew Tarver in commercials where their role was "person on the receiving end of a Facetime/Skype call."

Fil5000 posted:

Is that the same one as "We are down at the firehouse and we are drunk as poo poo."

"This is alarming!"
"IT'S FOUR ALARMING!...chili."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I wonder what they get their commercial agents for the Holidays?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Andy Daly is in CarMax commercials right now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LLgHlJvmtc

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Dustin removed the section about ending Feral Audio from his bad apology post.

Cloks posted:

Andy Daly is in CarMax commercials right now.
After the talk in this thread about Dino Stamatopoulos, I read this as ‘Andy Dick’ and was very confused about how he could land such a mainstream gig.

CarMax is doing the old-spice rando humor thing, and Daly is the main dude in them.

Edit:
Sean is a chameleon in his early commercial roles.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 27, 2017

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

I didn't realise My Favorite Murder left Feral months ago. The only other thing of theirs I listened to was the x files files and that's pretty much dead now, but that's still a lot of shows that are going to have to sort out their own hosting and ads and such.

Tim Heidecker's Office Hours is on Feral, and he shits on them once or twice per episode on average.

James Bonding was originally on Feral too, wasn't it?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

James Bonding was originally on Feral too, wasn't it?

I think it was originally on Kevin Smiths network

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It was Nerdist I'm pretty sure.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It was on Nerdiest for sure.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
There were some interesting comments by Gabrus on the doughboys tour episode about Dustin. It was something along the lines of ‘The only thing Dustin eats is straight vodka’.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"[Taylor Swift's] new song sucks my dick." - Lauren Lapkus

I love the Wild Horses show on Stitcher Premium and am so glad it is a weekly release now. I have probably listened to Stephanie's "There's this Bitch Old Woman in my neighborhood" bit from the Natasha Lyonne episode two dozen times.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry everyone, Dustin Marshall is still having a breakdown on Twitter. I guess a friend is changing his passwords for him so he'll stop being weird on public forums.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Poor fellow.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Can someone TLDR me this dudes dumb apology/manifesto or whatever. I kinda want to know, but not so badly that I will read the whole thing.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
tl;dr

I'm not an abuser, but I own up to the things I've done. My ex-girlfriend played a role in it too though, and I want to protect her from her bandmates who are also abusing her. I've got a lot of compassion for people like Andy Dick and Jeordie White who work to live a fulfilled and sober life in the wake of destruction. Anyways, I'm shutting down Feral Audio and here is an interesting quote from a Buddhist teacher Jack Kornfield about change. Please listen to my podcast conversation with him so you know where I'm coming from.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

But also a bunch of spine tinglingly creepy poo poo about how special and amazing the woman he abused is

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also I think the last third was a big screed about independent art and how supportive he is but I think it was edited or deleted.

Also it’s the internet’s fault if he commits suicide apparently.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Yep. She could totally be the next St. Vincent if she ditches her bandmates.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Papa John Misty posted:

But also a bunch of spine tinglingly creepy poo poo about how special and amazing the woman he abused is

That's like textbook borderline stuff right?

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Dude seems to think mental illness and addiction excuse abuse. He seriously needs help, hope he has at least a few people around him who can support him through this, but it ain't looking great.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Dustin also posted some crazy stuff on twitter, including a poll asking whether or not he should kill himself.

Anyone listening to the CBB Best Ofs? I've almost entirely stopped listening to CBB, but CBB is one of the few podcasts that release this time of year. I like their silly banter. I wish the majority of podcasts would bank a couple eps to get loners through the season.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I think it's the best Best Of they've done so far.

I also think this is one of the funniest years in CBB's history, after last year's slump.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm hoping some kind soul here is willing to take the bullet and let us know if this new ep of I4H is worth listening to.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's just a straight interview about the history of improv/Del Close etc (starting all the way back in the 1930s which is kind of cool I guess)

There's some interesting details in there if you're into that stuff though like apparently the "Yes, and" rule was originally "Don't deny" which actually seems like a much better way to put it

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 29, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Earwolf Adjacent: Nicole Byer's "Why Won't You Date Me?" podcast is amazing, listen to it. She is as out and open about just about anything you could imagine, and she elicits that same attitude from her guests. Dan Lippert casually mentions something in the second episode that got an audible "Holy poo poo" from me (His father was in his late 60's when he was conceived.)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

It's just a straight interview about the history of improv/Del Close etc (starting all the way back in the 1930s which is kind of cool I guess)

There's some interesting details in there if you're into that stuff though like apparently the "Yes, and" rule was originally "Don't deny" which actually seems like a much better way to put it

deny nothing

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I enjoyed mr heavenly, it’s a cute sound

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Yeah I'm not usually into the musical guests that Scott brings on, and didn't think I would like Mr Heavenly, but I was pleasantly surprised. The music is great, and their songs are stuck in my head now.

edit: youtube dump why not

Full album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzNIAZ89qdU

the videos are also entertaining

Makin' Excuses feat jon daly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZhfqyAY_A
Hammer Drop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pXKumQXD8
Beat Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdXm7IwZuNs

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 1, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I want the piano but I wouldn't complain about any of them tbh
https://twitter.com/TVsAndyDaly/status/948280813921091584

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Strictly speaking to keep it a pilot project, he’d have to use a new set of characters. Could be interesting as a lot of the ones he used last time have been going for years, pre-CBB even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He may even get to define the characters before Auckerman and Mantzoukas make them into monsters!