Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

https://twitter.com/raditts/status/945875578472734720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

... So how did Callie lose?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WarpedNaba posted:

Marie's better

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Recorded a while back but I figured I'd share with the thread because I liked it so much :allears:
It's no song of victory but a tale of persistence at the very least.

https://twitter.com/Gimbal_switch/status/944720479515918338

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

WarpedNaba posted:

Nobody knows since they didn't actually publish per-region numbers. Therefore the results are void :colbert:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Finally got to sit down and try Clam Blitz a while ago. I'm not sure what a good strategy is for this mode yet, but it's a lot of fun!
Had a ridiculous stalemate situation where both sides were basically playing turf war, picking up clams, getting splatted, repeat, for a good 3 minutes until someone on the other team finally took our barrier down and everyone suddenly got real aggressive about the objective.

I know it's rank C but I'm still pretty proud of this killcount

What happens if both teams never do anything, though? Does the game go into overtime until one of the barriers breaks? Or does it end and the winner gets decided by coinflip?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took me until A- in clam blitz but I finally won a game by knockout. I think im starting to get the hang of it, but also it feels like whenever I can play CB its the same three maps (Walleye, Sturgeon and Blackbelly)

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I know it's rank C but I'm still pretty proud of this killcount

Hell yeah! As for ties I have no idea. I know in turf it basically flips a coin if the paint totals are the same. BUt for ranked I would bet it just goes into endless OT until somebody wins? Or similarly flips a coin. im sure somebody has tested it in a private lobby.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

It took me until A- in clam blitz but I finally won a game by knockout. I think im starting to get the hang of it, but also it feels like whenever I can play CB its the same three maps (Walleye, Sturgeon and Blackbelly)

Hell yeah! As for ties I have no idea. I know in turf it basically flips a coin if the paint totals are the same. BUt for ranked I would bet it just goes into endless OT until somebody wins? Or similarly flips a coin. im sure somebody has tested it in a private lobby.

The coin is flipped at the start of the match. Basically each team is assigned Alpha or Bravo, and in the case of a tie, Alpha team wins. But there's not really a way to tell which team has which designation. Unless you're playing on Walleye Warehouse, in which case, Alpha team has access to a sniping sight-line the Bravo team doesn't have access to. (Because on Bravo team's side, there's a stack of boxes in the background scenery blocking it.)

https://twitter.com/Sendouc/status/941506987228938241

Apparently in Clam Blitz, overtime ends after 3 minutes if the conditions for it are still in play. Though I'm not sure if the recent patch fixed that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

The coin is flipped at the start of the match. Basically each team is assigned Alpha or Bravo, and in the case of a tie, Alpha team wins. But there's not really a way to tell which team has which designation. Unless you're playing on Walleye Warehouse, in which case, Alpha team has access to a sniping sight-line the Bravo team doesn't have access to. (Because on Bravo team's side, there's a stack of boxes in the background scenery blocking it.)

Was it like that in 1 and if so could you then tell on Saltspray since it was not a mirror?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/Sendouc/status/941506987228938241

Apparently in Clam Blitz, overtime ends after 3 minutes if the conditions for it are still in play. Though I'm not sure if the recent patch fixed that.

Cool

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Was it like that in 1 and if so could you then tell on Saltspray since it was not a mirror?

It might've been, but I can't really tell since the only information I could find on it was this video. Though left side is Alpha team in this case.

I dunno why Clam Blitz is the exception to not extending the game if there's a tie (which can only be accomplished by neither team scoring) When the timer runs out in the other ranked game modes, the match ends instantly and Alpha team is awarded the win.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 27, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Game updated but I don't see what the patch notes are :ninja:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Game updated but I don't see what the patch notes are :ninja:

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also, patch 2.1.1 is out, but it's just bugfixes. Nothing major.
I think they said there will be another rebalancing effort in January.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I can’t decide if I like the squeezer or not.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Does anyone know where to get Splatoon 2 amiibo? I feel like I missed out on them and will have to buy from a marked up third party seller on amazon.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I snagged some cards off etsy from some dude in Nam.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

jetpackhewy posted:

Does anyone know where to get Splatoon 2 amiibo? I feel like I missed out on them and will have to buy from a marked up third party seller on amazon.

I got a Splatoon 1 inkling girl Amiibo from ebgames on eBay for cheap. I wanted that school uniform.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

^burtle posted:

I snagged some cards off etsy from some dude in Nam.

This is a good idea. Fans have been printing cards and Etsy is a good place to get all the amiibo for one small price

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is paying for pirated amiibo really a good idea over just pirating your own amiibo? Those powersave things seem like a way better route if you're discarding the visual/statue aspect completely

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Intoluene posted:

I got a Splatoon 1 inkling girl Amiibo from ebgames on eBay for cheap. I wanted that school uniform.

Worth it!

The only wish I had for Amiibo clothes is that their primaries were randomized and that you could overwrite a piece you have, like getting dupes from Grizzco. (You could remove the clams you get to keep things fair)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Been busy last couple months, any changes to Salmon Run since around the time they released Grizzco Blaster?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They added a new map and the Grizzco Brella.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The grizzco brella feels fuckin rad but it doesn't actually seem that great in practice. I still get very excited when I have it though.

I've been playing more ranked and it's so dang good. The short rounds really make things feel intense and like there's no downtime at all. This is exactly the kind of casual/competitive thing I wanted out of Overwatch, but it actually is fun.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

Stan Taylor posted:

The grizzco brella feels fuckin rad but it doesn't actually seem that great in practice. I still get very excited when I have it though.

It's good for quickly inking everything. That helps the round continue to run smoothly when everyone has freedom of movement.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

I've been playing more ranked and it's so dang good. The short rounds really make things feel intense and like there's no downtime at all. This is exactly the kind of casual/competitive thing I wanted out of Overwatch, but it actually is fun.

Yeah, no other shooter comes close to ranked Splatoon imo. The matches are almost always intense and the perfect length.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/946665056078458880

The Undercover Brella is here at last! The sub is Ink Mine, and the special is Splashdown.

Also, Sheldondorf Institute seems to be coming soon, if the screenshots are any indication.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
https://twitter.com/CollinearVertex/status/946688480582627329

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

haven’t played much the past few months— have they added a weapon yet that has both squid beakons and splashdown?

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Nope, for good reason.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Leaf Lock posted:

It's good for quickly inking everything. That helps the round continue to run smoothly when everyone has freedom of movement.

It has the spraycan feel that I wish the Aerospray had.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/946007136818970626
Teammates were competent, the squiffer suddenly couldn't aim, little puddles leading me to victory... I feel like there was some kinda planet-aligning poo poo going on in that match.

https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/946789515041038336
Still amazed I managed to splat that first guy, I was scraping the bottom of the ink tank there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ZeButler posted:

Nope, for good reason.

:mad:

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
Though I don't think that kit combo would be that broken since the super jump splashdown tactic works best if they can actually see you coming and decide to camp your landing spot. Since beakons hide your landing maker it is either a safe landing spot.... or there isn't a beakon to jump to because they destroyed it.

Datamine weapons send to suggest that a beakon / tenta missile combo will eventually exist which would have a slightly good synergy of jumping to spawn and back quickly.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, that would be a tactic that works far better with someone else dropping beakons. Except you can just directly jump to someone in the middle of a firefight instead. Beakons that are dropped in places where enemies are gonna be will pretty much get destroyed on sight.

Though any player worth their salt will see that you have Splashdown ready on the squid icons, and move away from your marker long before you get to land on them with it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, that would be a tactic that works far better with someone else dropping beakons. Except you can just directly jump to someone in the middle of a firefight instead. Beakons that are dropped in places where enemies are gonna be will pretty much get destroyed on sight.

Though any player worth their salt will see that you have Splashdown ready on the squid icons, and move away from your marker long before you get to land on them with it.

Eh, I have a tendency to build beakons in spots the enemy has difficulty to reach. Like on the cargo containers in Port Mackerel, where they're safe to land on and a way to flank the enemy from behind if they manage to push beyond the middle. So put them up where they can't see them, since most squids don't pay attention to the map.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Considering the Kingsman umbrella is coming out tonight, here are the damage multipliers for the Brella shields, since it's like the Rainmaker shield and they take different amounts of damage from different weapon types. And this would be nice to keep in mind.

Also for the record, Object Shredder does not work on Brella shields.

Brella Damage Modifiers: posted:

Dualies: 0.7x (Previously 1x)
Shooters: 0.7x (Previously 1x)
L-3 Nozzlenose: 0.7x (Previously 1x)
H-3 Nozzlenose: 0.7x (Previously 1x)
Splatling: 0.7x (Previously 1x)
Brush Crush: 1x
Roller Crush: 1x
Brush Splash: 1.5x
Roller Splash: 1.5x
Blaster: 1.6x (2.208x for Splat Brella)
Charger: 2x (3x for Splat Brella)
Slosher: 2x
Brella: 2x
Brella Canopy: 5x

Sprinkler: 1x
Autobomb: 2x
Burst Bomb: 2x
Curling Bomb: 2x
Ink Mine: 2x
Splat Bomb: 2x
Suction Bomb: 2x

Bubble Blower: 1x
Tenta Missiles: 1.5x
Baller (Explosion): 2x
Sting Ray: 2x
Inkjet: 2x
Splashdown: 3x
Ink Storm: 3x
Baller (Touch): 4x

I mention the previouslys, as it may be possible the Undercover Brella didn't get the memo about the defense buff the other 2 Brellas got in one patch. Splat Brella has 500 HP, and the Tenta has 800. Judging from the holiday trailer, it looks like the Undercover Brella has around 250. When a shield launches, all the damage it takes is halved.

The Undercover Brella can't launch shields, but it does gain rapid fire while the shield is up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When does the update go live? 9PM EST?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Curling Bombs + Ink Saver Sub = You are never running out of ink except in really rare situations. (Since you're gonna be spending so much of your time submerged with weapons that have it, especially with the Splat Roller.)

In Training posted:

When does the update go live? 9PM EST?

In 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
How's the community for Splatoon? Been itching for a new switch game.