Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Montana isn't in the South.

It's far enough northwest that it counts as the south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

America to me has three areas: New York, California and the South

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s sad

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

America to me has three areas: New York, California and the South

You're missing the frozen murder hellscape that is Chicago, but other than that it seems to be a pretty comprehensive list you got.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oldpainless posted:

That’s sad

Well I don't expect you to be able to break down the cultural differences in Scotland, fair's fair

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Grognan posted:

Bushman's hunting is legend. I also think he wired up a uav with rocket batteries and a camera to shoot the drat hogs too.

The Dehogiflier.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/05/hunting-feral-pigs-at-night-with-drones/

https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=314915583

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

oldpainless posted:

That’s sad

More like oldjoyless

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Well I don't expect you to be able to break down the cultural differences in Scotland, fair's fair

there's the hebrides, the borders, and the highlands?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
god damnit larry, now i have to go to scotland and learn about it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

isn't that just does/doesn't wear underwear under their kilt?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blind Sally posted:

there's the hebrides, the borders, and the highlands?
And Islay, where a bunch of scotch comes from.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Islay is part of the Hebrides :what:

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Forums treasure elise the great eats her own placenta.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

While super gross and not something I'd ever want me or my wife to do, being a parent since 2014 and hearing a lot of hippie-woo bullshit, none of that is surprising. Many, many parents do it.

:barf:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol at “I work at the hospital and know everyone so they just let me take it home on ice.”

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Jesus loving christ

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Eh, most mammals eat their placenta although humans (along with whales, seals, and camels) typically don’t and there’s no proof that it’s beneficial in the way it’s thought to be for mammals that do consume it. Maybe it’s just 20+ years on the internet and 10+ on the forums but this seems kinda tame.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Eh, most mammals eat their placenta although humans (along with whales, seals, and camels) typically don’t and there’s no proof that it’s beneficial in the way it’s thought to be for mammals that do consume it. Maybe it’s just 20+ years on the internet and 10+ on the forums but this seems kinda tame.

Elise also wrote the treatise on elf-dicks that used Tolkein lore to justify her rambling.

She is a little terrifying.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Oh god.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Elise Follows Through. I thought she'd just let it drop in the rush since the sprog was born and then I was too terrified to bring it back up again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've never visited GWS, I guess I see why.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

I've never visited GWS, I guess I see why.

Mods rename that forum Goon’s Womb Stew tia

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

If I remember correctly, it was because she wanted to try autocannibalism.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

Elise also wrote the treatise on elf-dicks that used Tolkein lore to justify her rambling.

Oh goodie

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh, well that seems rational.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Mods rename that forum Goon’s Womb Stew tia

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Because, to the casual observer, it could appear as sign of mental illness? People are into eating fecal material as a fetish, but I don't think that's sane and normal either.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I always thought the general reason was for "let's get rid of this predator bait, quickly" as opposed to a jolt of nutrients.

EDIT: NVM. Literally the second paragraph on Wikipedia.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Because, to the casual observer, it could appear as sign of mental illness? People are into eating fecal material as a fetish, but I don't think that's sane and normal either.
She's a nurse, she's clearly sane

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

Eh. It's stupid, but I don't think it's crazy. If either of your examples were a sign of mental illness, it would probably be the one that involves eating bacteria-laden waste material and gut sheddings, instead of the one that involves eating a thing designed to nourish new life.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Did someone say placentophagy?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Eh. It's stupid, but I don't think it's crazy. If either of your examples were a sign of mental illness, it would probably be the one that involves eating bacteria-laden waste material and gut sheddings, instead of the one that involves eating a thing designed to nourish new life.

lol if you think placenta isn't bacteria-laden waste material.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Labes for days posted:

Greetings, the placenta

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Greetings, the placenta

I wish I served such a useful purpose.

But seriously there's a reason it's classified as medical waste.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

VanSandman posted:

She is a little terrifying.

See I thought that was just absurdist for the sake of just, uh, being? I guess?

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Well the fact she followed through with it goes above and beyond most goons. Plus she got a whole new person out of it!

Labes for days posted:

This is a legitimate concern about humans eating the placenta. The bacteria can be passed from mother to child via lactation and while typically it won’t harm an adult, a new baby doesn’t have the immunities yet.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Labes for days posted:

I wish I served such a useful purpose.

But seriously there's a reason it's classified as medical waste.
Because it comes from the body and could therefore spread disease, just like any other body fluid or material.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Because it comes from the body and could therefore spread disease, just like any other body fluid or material.

Pffft, that's what they tried to tell me about my tonsils, but I still cooked and ate them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
does the cancer come back if you eat your tumor

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

does the cancer come back if you eat your tumor

No, you just get haunted by its ghost.

Adbot