Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

Amazing how if he timed his pedo poo poo better he would still be the gay token. A lot of crazies blew their load too soon and just needed to wait for the boiled frog to reach their level of crazier slower.

real fake edit: Gator reminder, when he started to try to position himself as a "tech" guy he whiffed an easy as question about frame rates.

Well technically he had done the gay pedo stuff months/years before it was "exposed". He just had more scrutiny on him than normal since he was getting widespread mainstream attention and the poo poo he'd done in the past was no longer ignorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009
Trump Thread II: unclear, unfunny, delete.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

You know, breakout 90's rapper, Crooked H.

Hs aren't crooked! Their straightness is one of the letter's defining features!! :kratos:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Krispy Wafer posted:

It won't be public. At the same time there is no good reason for Trump to get a medical exam. His base doesn't care and since he says he's the healthiest President ever, an actual physical can only discount those claims. So someone is forcing his hand to get a physical by a licensed fully accredited government doctor.

There's a conspiracy theory going around that Mueller has enough to do him and Trump will be offered the opportunity to resign due to health reasons, which will be provided by the physical. It's total fantasy bullshit but it does have a certain cathartic quality of the timeline trying to correct itself.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nothus posted:

There's a conspiracy theory going around that Mueller has enough to do him and Trump will be offered the opportunity to resign due to health reasons, which will be provided by the physical. It's total fantasy bullshit but it does have a certain cathartic quality of the timeline trying to correct itself.

Lol only in my fever dreams.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Five Year Plan posted:

Trump Thread II: unclear, unfunny, delete.

where you at guyovich

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
we can't change the thread subheading until someone explains to me what the hell the current one is referencing

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Out of morbid curiosity I dug up Milo's AMA on T_D from summer. Some incredible gems in there:

:laugh:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

We noticed an unusual ailment where the President's heart was three sizes too small. We're unsure of what could have caused this.
Point of order: The Grinch didn't hate Christmas; he hated people. Which is fair.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

We noticed an unusual ailment where the President's heart was three sizes too small. We're unsure of what could have caused this.

His body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Kilroy posted:

we can't change the thread subheading until someone explains to me what the hell the current one is referencing

Can we just create a new thread? The page number drop downs are up to 390 kilobytes.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

pseudorandom name posted:

Can we just create a new thread? The page number drop downs are up to 390 kilobytes.

Why aren't they dynamically generated in client-side code? I realize the forum code is really old but that seems nuts.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bitch this poo poo is getting archived in the Library of Congress, I want it to be a single leather bound volume that crushes unwary librarians under it's gargantuan weight.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Point of order: The Grinch didn't hate Christmas; he hated people. Which is fair.
It's right there on the first page that he hates Christmas - the whole Christmas season.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Kilroy posted:

I remember it changing to this right after the covfefe tweet.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Helen Highwater posted:

His body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water piss."

Love that quote. Pretty savage for someone working on a monarch.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I figured there was going to be a new thread next year, so just wait a few days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Helen Highwater posted:

His body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

Normally daemons of Nurgle are green though. Though I could see tiny versions of Trump spilling out of open sores on how bloated stomach.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

twistedmentat posted:

Normally daemons of Nurgle are green though. Though I could see tiny versions of Trump spilling out of open sores on how bloated stomach.

Now I'm just picturing little tribble-like blonde tupees.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Bitch this poo poo is getting archived in the Library of Congress, I want it to be a single leather bound volume that crushes unwary librarians under it's gargantuan weight.

I'm excited that my posts will be preserved to warn future minorities not to trust the white man.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

PhazonLink posted:

Gator reminder, when he started to try to position himself as a "tech" guy he whiffed an easy as question about frame rates.
Key thing is that he's an entertainer, that's it. One of the things he did that made him the darling of gators was write an exposé in Breitbart that was basically a straightforward regurgitation of an Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Almost all of his arguments are regurgitated talking points from someone smarter than him (i.e. the anti-feminism stuff is from Christina Hoff Sommers). In any Q&A with him, if it veers outside of those talking points, he just makes poo poo up. I don't think anyone ever cared, they just want to see "the left" get "triggered."

Really, I'm just wondering what Simon & Schuster were even expecting, like most of these notes are basically asking Milo to not do what he's always been doing, except for the "stop talking about us" notes.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody else has filled the shoes of Outrageous Crypto-Fascist 4chan Man, but I guess it's the kind of thing where there's a very particular audience that will buy that sort of thing and everyone else treats it like radioactive waste.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Koalas March posted:

I'm excited that my posts will be preserved to warn future minorities not to trust the white man.

With any luck we'll have been killed off by then.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Koalas March posted:

It's going to be very problematic when the Martians sift through our ruins and have to have a talk with their children about the white ones though.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Koalas March posted:

your gifs will make up most of the volume's weight, as they will have to preserve each frame as a separate page

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

real fake edit: Gator reminder, when he started to try to position himself as a "tech" guy he whiffed an easy as question about frame rates.

I heard about this before, got a link?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I figured there was going to be a new thread next year, so just wait a few days.

Eagerly awaiting Trump Thread Year 2: Nazi boogaloo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mr Interweb posted:

I heard about this before, got a link?

This was shortly after he became Breitbart's tech editor.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Koalas March posted:

an interesting aspect of living on a Native American reservation is how open and forceful they are with "gently caress the white man don't trust them" sentiment

if you're black and express that you get marginalized as a radical or straight up shot/lynched/murdered

NAs have some degree of sovereignty and their own tribal police forces so there's somewhat less institutional pressure to be nice to whitey

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I mean he's just so smart and witty

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pakled posted:

They were very mad about "diversity hires" who knew nothing of technology or gaming.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

Eagerly awaiting Trump Thread Year 2: Nazi boogaloo

Trump year 7: Work sets you free.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Pakled posted:

He'd been openly antagonistic to "gamers" before, and the Gators were perfectly aware of that fact.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Ague Proof posted:

They were very mad about "diversity hires" who knew nothing of technology or gaming.

All of those are fairly basic questions. Except the truck thing I have no idea about. Milo is simply a provacateur.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

pkay posted:

All of those are fairly basic questions. Except the truck thing I have no idea about. Milo is simply a provacateur.

"It's a series of tubes"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pakled posted:

Danke.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

pkay posted:

Except the truck thing I have no idea about.

It's a series of tubes, hur hur hur, old meme

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

pkay posted:

The internet is not a big truck, it's a series of tubes.

e- Beaten, badly. I need better tubes.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That set of questions reads like someone's idea of what a game industry/tech job interview is like without having ever been through one.

"Can you meme? You're in!"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Angry_Ed posted:

That set of questions reads like someone's idea of what a game industry/tech job interview is like without having ever been through one.

a tech industry interview is someone asking why manhole covers are round and not square then saying "but they have square manhole covers" then finding a picture of a square manhole cover on a phone internet browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Every job interview I've ever had has been the exact same type of generalized HR questions with not a one being anything that would ascertain whether I could actually do the job I say I can. Tech being no different.

• Locked thread