Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hiveminded posted:

I'm guessing you probably won't be playing Stellaris either, then, especially if Earth doesn't end up under one entity's control? Unless you mod up some kind of scenario with multiple human empires surrounding Earth, I guess.

The obvious answer then is Aurora /s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ibriz could conquer the world yet

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
My money's on Smolensk.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Morrow posted:

My money's on Smolensk.

I'll take that bet. I have faith in the Kingdom of Italy.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Qadiz attempting to go to space in Aurora would inevitably result in an aggressive alien invasion that wipes out most of humanity except for the Moroccan-French Interplanetary Alliance which managed to secure an alliance with said invaders before orbital bombardment began.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Super Jay Mann posted:

Qadiz attempting to go to space in Aurora would inevitably result in an aggressive alien invasion that wipes out most of humanity except for the Moroccan-French Interplanetary Alliance which managed to secure an alliance with said invaders before orbital bombardment began.

No, it'll end like the Jerusalem LP, except instead of the skull of Pancrazio floating through space it'll be some Andalusian ruler's severed dick.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Frionnel posted:

Not with that attitude :colbert:

The evolution of al-Andalus under the enlightened rule of the Majlis:

I'm sure the next century will go better...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
We had a pretty good 300 year run looks like.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Look at that brief moment in 1648, where the borders are pretty and everything right with the world

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Hashim posted:

The evolution of al-Andalus under the enlightened rule of the Majlis:

I'm sure the next century will go better...

Under the rule of Sultans, you mean

:colbert:

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Ibriz could conquer the world yet

The Moroccan Imperial Caliphate will paint the star-and-crescent over the moon and stars. One Caliph-Emperor, under Allah!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

An interesting stat I ran into while getting info for the last state of the world:

Al Andalus won't be on the list because it technically doesn't exist anymore, but I went back to my last save where it was still around (1762), and we didn't do too bad:

hashashash fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 28, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Map conversion is pretty much done:

Also have some of the manpower, army, navy and income levels done. Tirruni is a bit too powerful right now, but this will probably be the general order of largest to smallest land armies;

I've also been doing a bit of work on v2 as I try to remember how to mod it, and it's already looking like Ibriz is gonna dominate the new world:

hashashash fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 28, 2017

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I haven't played March of the Eagles. How does it model colonial support and resources, or does it?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

:rip: Qadis

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Do you plan on, at any point, adapting the names of some of the mega-countries like Smolensk and Novgorod, which still use pretty localized names, into something more expansive? Don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but it's a bit jarring for the colossal empire stretching from Skane to Astrakhan to still go by the name of its founding city. Although I guess Rome did something to that effect. :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Army size isn't bad, could definitely be worse!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RabidWeasel posted:

Army size isn't bad, could definitely be worse!

I'm more concerned about Income.

(I've never played MOTE but I assume that's important)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

HannibalBarca posted:

Do you plan on, at any point, adapting the names of some of the mega-countries like Smolensk and Novgorod, which still use pretty localized names, into something more expansive? Don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but it's a bit jarring for the colossal empire stretching from Skane to Astrakhan to still go by the name of its founding city. Although I guess Rome did something to that effect. :v:

Yep, just been waiting for a convenient excuse. For Smolensk and Novgorod specifically, they're both gonna be great powers in March of the Eagles (with land dominance objective in each others' territories), so they'll very likely end up at war with one other sooner or later, and I'll basically use that as a 'War for Russian Leadership', with the emerging victor crowning himself Emperor of Russia.

Pakled posted:

I'm more concerned about Income.

(I've never played MOTE but I assume that's important)

All the income on the ledger is after expenses, so we actually have a higher income than the Mahdiyyah, but we also have an actual navy, and ships are incredibly pricey in March of the Eagles. So that's mostly where our money's going.

edit: also, I should point out that I don't really know how army/navy quality is calculated, so just ignore all of those values for now.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 29, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I haven't played March of the Eagles. How does it model colonial support and resources, or does it?

All it really has is an event at the start of the game that give colonial empire's a boost to taxes, I think. That isn't enough to represent something like Morocco though, so I've boosted a lot of the manpower/income values in Morocco and Algeria to represent their colonial empire instead, and give them a better chance at standing up to Tirruni's forces. The Almoravids will also start out with naval supremacy in the Mediterranean, so their home territories should be safe against any attacks, making them a permanent rival.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Are the revolutionary powers at all inclined to ally each other? It seems like it would make sense for them to do so in such a hostile world.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Personally I'm more curious about what will happen to the two EU4 Great Powers that aren't represented on the MotE-map: Ibriz and Mongolia.

I mean they were Great Powers, weren't they?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Are the revolutionary powers at all inclined to ally each other? It seems like it would make sense for them to do so in such a hostile world.

Yeah, the idea is that Tirruni can take on any one of the European monarchies relatively easily, so it's down to the great powers themselves to either decide between working together to bring down the Revolutionaries, or collapse into infighting. This'll be especially important for Smolensk, who were mostly responsible for the destruction of Revolutionary Bavaria, and they'll be forced to decide between fighting Novgorod for the right to be Russia or Tirruni very early on, giving time for the other to expand.

Morocco will also be drawn into the wars sooner or later, when the Mahdiyyah is attacked by either Tirruni or the Majlis.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 29, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Shouldn't France and Hannover together be a match for Tirruni? I mean I understand that they wouldn't stand a chance otherwise, but that was exactly the situation they were in at the end of EU4.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dance Officer posted:

Shouldn't France and Hannover together be a match for Tirruni? I mean I understand that they wouldn't stand a chance otherwise, but that was exactly the situation they were in at the end of EU4.

Hannover never actually fought Tirruni, they were pretty weak throughout EU4, and are only as strong as they are now thanks to the land granted to them in the Peace of Krakow. France on the other hand would normally be at least as strong as the Tirruni Empire, even with all of southern France stripped away from them, but I massively cut their manpower and army numbers to represent the fact that they spent the past 10 years under constant occupation from Tirruni, the Mahdiyyah, Morocco and Qadis. Still, maybe I was a bit too harsh on them, I might boost their manpower a bit more.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I hope they invade Bavaria early on and help form the Second Republic.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Hashim posted:

Hannover never actually fought Tirruni, they were pretty weak throughout EU4, and are only as strong as they are now thanks to the land granted to them in the Peace of Krakow. France on the other hand would normally be at least as strong as the Tirruni Empire, even with all of southern France stripped away from them, but I massively cut their manpower and army numbers to represent the fact that they spent the past 10 years under constant occupation from Tirruni, the Mahdiyyah, Morocco and Qadis. Still, maybe I was a bit too harsh on them, I might boost their manpower a bit more.

My point was rather that Tirruni was overpowered for the position it was in. It tripled in size (and population) in ~10 years, and its new citizens won't take too kindly to being ruled by Muslim foreigners. The new lands should be drowned in separatist rebellions. Add to that the reality that integrating new land into your bureaucracy takes time. And that also means that soldiers and taxes can only be drawn from their power base - Catalonia.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Being liberated by secular rationalist comardes, I think you mean :colbert: There may be some insurrections as the old order gasps out its last breaths, but if anyone can integrate strange new lands easily it's revolutionary states that are founded on the idea of equality and tolerance. I doubt the peasants are all that sad to see the local nobility get beheaded.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Not to mention that the Provençal lands they conquered have been the heartland of a Great Power for centuries. They can’t be taking kindly Arab Atheist Revolutionary rule

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Not to mention that the Provençal lands they conquered have been the heartland of a Great Power for centuries. They can’t be taking kindly Arab Atheist Revolutionary rule

The nobility, sure. Random peasants, though? The people with enough numbers to actually matter? Hell, if anything, guillotining the local rear end in a top hat baron and letting the locals loot all their poo poo is gonna endear the Catalonians to the people. As long as they don't push the state atheism too hard, which, well, it sounds like they are so the effects might cancel out.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dance Officer posted:

My point was rather that Tirruni was overpowered for the position it was in. It tripled in size (and population) in ~10 years, and its new citizens won't take too kindly to being ruled by Muslim foreigners. The new lands should be drowned in separatist rebellions. Add to that the reality that integrating new land into your bureaucracy takes time. And that also means that soldiers and taxes can only be drawn from their power base - Catalonia.

Yep, that makes sense, which is why I said that the Tirruni Empire is a bit overpowered in the ledger at the moment and will be dialled down, and will also likely get separatist event rebellions in MotE. But also keep in mind that Tirruni maintains the most professional standing army in Europe, is utilising mass population-conscription typical of Revolutionary France (OTL), is publicly Atheist (though that's probably worse than a Muslim to a lot of the peasantry), and is making a point of uniting his multicultural empire by surrounding himself with foreign advisors.

edit: Also, I should point out that I haven't had done any observer games yet, and I'll definitely be messing around with the numbers so that Europe is mostly balanced before actually playing it for the LP.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 29, 2017

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Well, at least Tirruni will help knock Islam down more than a few pegs, if he bothers going beyond Europe...

I'm wondering what the chances would have been if we'd chosen Catalonia, but the foreign policy would probably have gotten borked.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 29, 2017

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hashim posted:

France on the other hand would normally be at least as strong as the Tirruni Empire, even with all of southern France stripped away from them, but I massively cut their manpower and army numbers to represent the fact that they spent the past 10 years under constant occupation from Tirruni, the Mahdiyyah, Morocco and Qadis. Still, maybe I was a bit too harsh on them, I might boost their manpower a bit more.
That's ok, gently caress France in this particular Paradox universe.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

RA Rx posted:

I'm wondering what the chances would have been if we'd chosen Catalonia, but the foreign policy would probably have gotten borked.

Qadis would have conquered Morocco. if we'd been Qattalun.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dance Officer posted:

If the Tirruni operate anything like Napoleon did, making the civil service and military both intertwined and pretty meritocratic overall, you would be surprised how willing people are to sign on, even those of different cultures. It's why Napoleon's armies took so long to run out of steam. He had quite a few non-French on board.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 29, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RA Rx posted:

We'll never know what would've happened had the Majlis backed Catalonia, but I did run an observer campaign from 1768 to see what would've happened if the Majlis hadn't gotten involved in the Iberian clusterfuck at all, and we went from this in 1768:

ignore that tirruni empire/catalonia nonsense

to this in 1800:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Holy Toledo! :rimshot:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Considering the Portuguese bordergore, this timeline is obviously superior! :barf:

EDIT: Hang on, that's Granada down in the south-east... nevermind, I suppose?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Luhood posted:

Considering the Portuguese bordergore the glorious advance of the Madhi as the champion of Islam, this timeline is obviously superior! :colbert:

Corrected for why our timeline is inherently better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

We live in the darkest timeline.