Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Goober Peas posted:

When you get that feeling
You need
Sexual healing
Yeah we did that too. Didn't help us sleep, though.

And yeah, we 100% want a kid, 90% don't want one *now*. She's on the pill, so gently caress condoms.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's sort of how they work yes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Everyone who recommended manfrotto tripods thank you, my dad is totally made up with his present.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Manfrotto are the good (x)pods. He'll enjoy it for a long time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cakesmith handyman posted:

Everyone who recommended manfrotto tripods thank you, my dad totally made out with his present.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Not far from the truth.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Christmas present from my step-mother-in-law:

I like it, and they're local to me. Been meaning to try their wares since they opened up.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Tire question jerks: Dunlop Direzza or Yokohama S Drive?

Only two good choices in the size I need.
Star Specs are the only good Direzza. The DZ series are not as good as the S. Drive.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tire question jerks: Dunlop Direzza or Yokohama S Drive?

Only two good choices in the size I need.

DZ102? Or Star Spec? Definitely the Star Spec over the S.Drive, but not sure about under that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
just look at the tire rack's rankings, its going to be better than what we can tell you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BraveUlysses posted:

just look at the tire rack's rankings, its going to be better than what we can tell you.

One problem I have with their rating system is that it seems to cause people to rate "relative to the tire's class."
Like one tire will be a Summer Tire and another will be an Extreme Performance Summer Tire.
The first will average 8.5 and the second will be 7.5, even though it has a much more aggressive wear rating.
If the tires are from the same brand, I honestly assume that the extreme tire is better even if the ratings don't show that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I'm supposed to be in Indianapolis picking up that Focus I posted way back but the GM of the dealership is being a jerk about the friends and family price.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dealing with a tax lawyer in Mexico...is interesting.

Me - "We're doing X - what is our liability with the government"
Him - "We're not doing X"
Me - *gives examples of us doing X*
Him - "We have no exposure in Y"
Me - "That's good - what about X"
Me - "X and Y are two different things and are handled completely different everywhere else in the world"
Me - "I think we need to include our US counsel in this discussion"

Rhyno - ask the GM what it takes to be a friend or family :lolplant:

(who's coming up with these new emotes?)

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 28, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Rhyno - ask the GM what it takes to be a friend or family :lolplant:

(who's coming up with these new emotes?)

My fiance's cousin works there. It seems since we're not yet married he doesn't want to cut a deal on the car. Whatever I don't even care. I've started looking at Jeeps in Florida as an excuse to visit UF and Leica.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

One problem I have with their rating system is that it seems to cause people to rate "relative to the tire's class."
Like one tire will be a Summer Tire and another will be an Extreme Performance Summer Tire.
The first will average 8.5 and the second will be 7.5, even though it has a much more aggressive wear rating.
If the tires are from the same brand, I honestly assume that the extreme tire is better even if the ratings don't show that.

i think its good and bad, the difference between 'summer tire' and "extreme summer tire" isreally subjective and might entirely be defined by the manufacturers suggest they are.

i'm not sure the scores are relevant for the high performance stuff are they are more useful as the middle of the market options (imo). comments are probably better than the scores though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

My fiance's cousin works there. It seems since we're not yet married he doesn't want to cut a deal on the car. Whatever I don't even care. I've started looking at Jeeps in Florida as an excuse to visit UF and Leica.

Ouch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU LEFT

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU LEFT

BUT SOMEHOW YOURE NOT CALIFORNIA JEEP SHOPPING

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

BUT SOMEHOW YOURE NOT CALIFORNIA JEEP SHOPPING

IMMA BE IN CALI IN MARCH

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

IMMA BE IN CALI IN MARCH

WELL I WONT, KEEP UP SCRUB

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

WELL I WONT, KEEP UP SCRUB

WELL THATS JUST POOR PLANNING ON YOUR PART

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

WELL THATS JUST POOR PLANNING ON YOUR PART

ITS OVER ANAKIN I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Y'alls caps lock is on.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Father in law picked up a free Chinese 110cc 4 wheeler for my oldest for Christmas, not running. So far fixed;

Both rear wheels loose on the axle. Tightened with the impact and put the cotter pins back in.
Front ball joint backed out all the way, tightened that and found a cotter pin for that.
Choke was broken, had a hell of a time getting it to idle. Entire carb was $13 on Amazon Prime (!) and put that in, works great just need to adjust the idle once the motor gets hot.
New battery, and trickle charger for the battery (needed this anyways).
Helmet from the local powersports dealer, and some gloves.

Need to do;

Rear brakes are a hydraulic setup, need to completely flush and look at the master as the fluid doesn't look healthy at all and they are not adjusted properly
Front light doesnt work. Would like to swap to LED.
Seat completely broken ordering on tonight once I verify the part
It's purple, would like to sand the fairings down and paint it like a satin grey.

It runs pretty good I think if I was brave enough it'd top out at 35 or so.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cage posted:

Y'alls caps lock is on.

*boop boop*
Your door is ajar

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Goober Peas posted:

*boop boop*
Your door is ajar

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

DZ102? Or Star Spec? Definitely the Star Spec over the S.Drive, but not sure about under that.

DZ102. It's just for my DD Scion xB so I'm not autocrossing or anything, but I don't want all seasons either, and those are the only summer tires besides Ecstas in 215/55R16, all about the same price. Probably won't make much difference between the two honestly.

Rhyno posted:

Come on down, jerkface! I'll make some SPATCHCOCK chicken.

DICK DICER posted:

ITS OVER ANAKIN I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

Lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I find a car I like I'm just gonna assume it can sit at your house for a day or two.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah that's cool, what are you looking at Cherokees?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah that's cool, what are you looking at Cherokees?

Yeah, found a couple interesting ones so far. I also found a gorgeous black Protege5 for pennies so I might need to bring a friend and drive more than one car back.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool. Just make sure they are actually Florida cars first, lots of people drive down their garbage and then try to sell them off here. Do all the VIN checks yadda yadda.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cool. Just make sure they are actually Florida cars first, lots of people drive down their garbage and then try to sell them off here. Do all the VIN checks yadda yadda.

Yeah I intend to. Fly and Driving for a daily beater is hilarious but the selection in this region is garbage.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Fly and Driving for a daily beater is

well worth the time, when you consider the lack of corrosion in older cars. A plane ticket is what... $150-250, plus another $100 in gas to drive back. There's some extra steps with registering an out of state car, but even after that, you've invested a couple days and less than $500 in a car that is not going to loving fight you with every fastener and bolt that you have to get to for regular maintenance.

Take my '05 Escalade that I picked up last year from Southern South Carolina -- it is absolutely like new underneath. All of the inspection marks using wax or paint pens are still on the chassis. The brake lines are spotless. Around here, you cannot find a truck from that era that hasn't had the brake lines replaced... and this one is perfect.

The benefits far outweigh the time and minimal expense, even for a daily beater.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

well worth the time, when you consider the lack of corrosion in older cars. A plane ticket is what... $150-250, plus another $100 in gas to drive back. There's some extra steps with registering an out of state car, but even after that, you've invested a couple days and less than $500 in a car that is not going to loving fight you with every fastener and bolt that you have to get to for regular maintenance.

Take my '05 Escalade that I picked up last year from Southern South Carolina -- it is absolutely like new underneath. All of the inspection marks using wax or paint pens are still on the chassis. The brake lines are spotless. Around here, you cannot find a truck from that era that hasn't had the brake lines replaced... and this one is perfect.

The benefits far outweigh the time and minimal expense, even for a daily beater.

I recalled you posting about the benefits of it and it stuck with me. I'd rather invest the time in the daily than buy another rust bucket.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Check flights to the St.Pete/Clearwater airport, iirc there are flights out of Indianapolis super cheap, like $90 one way.

Also I should be able to get you a good deal on a hotel room on Treasure Island.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sweet, I'll let you know if I find a winner.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

We just came back from Christmas with my girlfriend's family in Germany, and we flew with SWISS back from Stuttgart over Zürich to Copenhagen.

I have never felt so pampered in economy class before. Such a pleasant crew, a very nice complimentary cheese sandwich and our choice of drinks (soda, juice, even red wine).

And the chocolate, oh god the chocolate. Probably the best milk chocolate I've ever had, with an absolutely perfect snap and gorgeous taste. Just outstanding.

In loving economy class, man.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 28, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Sweet, I'll let you know if I find a winner.

:(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Dick I'm a little bummed your didn't stick it out in Homestead until February. I was gonna buy you lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wrar posted:

Dick I'm a little bummed your didn't stick it out in Homestead until February. I was gonna buy you lunch.

I kinda am too but it was worth surprising my parents for Christmas. They worry about me, go figure

• Locked thread