Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_eEnjnJlzg

Straw wrapper headshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

GeekTheMage posted:

I get that some people use wheelchairs because they can't walk for extended periods of time, as opposed to being completely unable to, but what the gently caress.

It's got a Sainsbury's (supermarket chain, for the non-British) logo on the back of it, so it was probably stolen.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
NSFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3owBvzyUE8&t=483s

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

GeekTheMage posted:

I get that some people use wheelchairs because they can't walk for extended periods of time, as opposed to being completely unable to, but what the gently caress.

He has crippling depression.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Firos posted:

I've not watched any of the videos or whatever for this, but the higher the level of skiing you are doing, the higher the force required for the ski to release is set to.

AS A SNOWBOARDER I

Hate the way skiers do a yard sale and launch those things like a couple of missiles if they gently caress up. Meanwhile we (used to) have to wear leashes or the lift operator would turn us back.

With strap bindings. Do you know how hard you have to wreck yourself for both (well 3x2) strap on bindings to fail at once?

I've seen it done but still.

(step in bindings are a horse of a different color but)

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

GeekTheMage posted:

There isn't a single thing about this video that I don't like :D

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GeekTheMage posted:

Alcohol.

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001

Aishan posted:

It's got a Sainsbury's (supermarket chain, for the non-British) logo on the back of it, so it was probably stolen.

These seem like credible explanations and also significantly increase my enjoyment of the video.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

And further: Alabama certifies Jones win, brushing aside challenge from Roy Moore

quote:

Alabama officials on Thursday unhesitatingly pushed aside a legal challenge from Roy S. Moore and certified Doug Jones as the winner of this month’s Senate election.

The action, during a brief meeting at the State Capitol, was essentially the state’s final step before the seating of the first Democrat elected to the Senate from Alabama in a quarter century. It was also a swift rejection, by some of the state’s most powerful Republicans, of Mr. Moore’s complaint that he was the victim of “systematic voter fraud.”

Mr. Jones’s margin of victory was 21,924 votes with more than 1.3 million ballots cast.

The certification leaves Mr. Moore, 70, a former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court whose campaign faltered partly because of allegations of sexual misconduct against teenage girls, with almost no avenues to derail Mr. Jones’s ascension to the Senate. The election aftermath followed a familiar pattern for Mr. Moore, who in the past has been eager to declare victories and pronounce grievances — but loathe to concede defeats. To this day, Republicans note, Mr. Moore has not conceded his losses in the 2006 or 2010 Republican primaries for governor, and there is already speculation in Montgomery that he might run for for governor or attorney general next year.

“You win with class, you lose with class, and he just can’t do it,” Angi Horn Stalnaker, a Republican strategist who ran campaigns, with mixed success, against Mr. Moore, said acidly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How could you look at that wheelchair gif and not realize it's drunken shenanigans.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah it's more likely he has some kind of condition that prevents him from walking around but allows him to do sick jumps

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

nah it's more likely he has some kind of condition that prevents him from walking around but allows him to do sick jumps

Ooooooh. Like the frog in Frogger.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

Like that one girl who could only walk backwards normally?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

chitoryu12 posted:

Like that one girl who could only walk backwards normally?

Your mom’s excuses for slamming rear end first in to dicks are getting nonsensical.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Your mom’s excuses for slamming rear end first in to dicks are getting nonsensical.

:randpop:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Holy poo poo.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://i.imgur.com/ezmEjf9.gifv

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I thought the joke was he's just bad at breakdancing. :gonk: My thumb still hurts from seeing that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Avenging_Mikon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4foeo3oY-E

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My kid is tougher than your kid.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SpacePig posted:

I'm not sure how these are being labelled, but it looks like this might be the 406th comment (positive or negative) that's been made on this. I have to imagine there's an earlier one with a similar comment, or that the earlier black dick joke was very well placed.

You are correct on the first two counts.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

baquerd posted:

Unless she tries to make a habit of affiliating with radical left wing groups, it shouldn't be a problem?

This person is absolutely not capable of that sort of self-reflection:

quote:

What will you do now that you can't go back to the Portland protest scene?

If I ever do activism again, maybe I'll go to Berkeley. I have been thinking about trying to go down there and see what the activism is like there, because that's where all the activism started pretty much. Or even Seattle—and Seattle is not that far away from here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SpacePig posted:

Isn't this all coming to light because S&S refusing to publish the book after he came out as more prominently an unabashed neo-Nazi, though? Like, I see the point this post is making, but we never would've seen any of this if they never refused to publish the book.

He was prominently an unabashed neo‐Nazi at the time they signed the deal.

The reveal was that he’s also a pederast.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Van Kraken posted:

They don't know poo poo about the leftist activism scene if they think they aren't on a narc list they all share now

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My current schaden is that a terrible movie like Cutthroat Island had such an amazing soundtrack. They should have just copied this for Pirates of the Caribbean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nni777i0HU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Van Kraken posted:

Who'd of thought a 20 year old joining a group of "anarchists" who break poo poo for reasons unknown didn't think any of actual consequence to their actions

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Super unknown reasons

So mysterious, maybe they should like, include what they stand against in their name or some poo poo

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AlmightyBob posted:

They don't know poo poo about the leftist activism scene if they think they aren't on a narc list they all share now

Or that by googling her real name this article will pop up! Woopsy doodle!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
nazism and anti-nazism are literally the same thing. btw im 13

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

To be fair to the editor, they probably didn't have any say in this. They're just doing their job. Imagine getting assigned the Milo book! He could refuse it I suppose, or he could be harsh as gently caress on it and make it a giant pain for Milo to get it through.

S&S can eat a bag of dicks for accepting it in the first place, though.

The editor is Mitchell Ivers, who brought Milo to S&S in the first place and helped make the deal happen, so gently caress him too

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

nazism and anti-nazism are literally the same thing. btw im 13

Yeah it's basically the same as flammable and inflammable.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Mu Zeta posted:

My current schaden is that a terrible movie like Cutthroat Island had such an amazing soundtrack. They should have just copied this for Pirates of the Caribbean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nni777i0HU

Cutthroat Island was the first time I watched a known bad movie and hated it all the way through. Some films, you know they're terrible going in, and it sets your expectations. You can either laugh at it or marvel at its outsider auteur qualities. Cutthroat Island is none of these things.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

You're absolutely right, in a post-Trump world we can all finally acknowledge that words have no meaning.

In fact, barp barp barp, barp, barp barp, barp. Barp.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

What a country!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bumblefuck! posted:

The editor is Mitchell Ivers, who brought Milo to S&S in the first place and helped make the deal happen, so gently caress him too

Oh ffs. I didn’t know that and was defending the hypothetical contracted editor in a different thread.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

You're absolutely right, in a post-Trump world we can all finally acknowledge that words have no meaning.

In fact, barp barp barp, barp, barp barp, barp. Barp.

Blarp Dongle Grapefruit Chiapet!?!?!?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bumblefuck! posted:

So this basically verifies that the editor wasn't out to shame him but was trying to make Neo-Nazism a legitimate thing that could be viewed in mainstream America in a positive way without resorting to trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The entire point of the editor for that book was to make bigotry palatable