Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Titanic posted:

I saw that one. Though I don’t know the relevance. I guess we can also tell me about Shmorkie too because that’s also relevant. :)

My whole point was both sides are making GBS threads on people on the other side. Just because you are on one side doesn’t make it any better or worse than what the other side is doing. :)

I held my breath for five whole minutes and I still haven't come to terms with this. Maybe six is the ticket.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

See what happens when you forget to put /s at the end of your articles!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ghostlight posted:

He kept buying motorcycles that the forums would tell him were way too powerful for a novice motorcyclist and to buy something smaller until he finally blew his arm off in a collision and got some sweet insurance money that he used to buy a manual transmission.

Weird. Unfortunately I know people who had various types of motorcycle accidents too.

I guess the moral of the story is: don’t keep risking everything until it’s gone, and then go one further stupid just because.

And this applies to an us vs them system of who is more right to poo poo on other people... not loving at all? :shrug:

Consider me educated.

*keeps pressing the escape key but the menu never has the option to quit*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://giant.gfycat.com/HelplessEcstaticIntermediateegret.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyTolradi posted:

I guess Blue Story just stands out more in the same sort of mindset as SC backers, mostly because her husband and her were dumping so much cash into useless crap despite wanting to pay down multiple debts and beef up some savings. The thread was a constant slew of bad decisions on the OP's part and how someone could so firmly believe their choices were the right and proper ones to make, in the face of a ton of good financial advice no less.

I totally get you and I totally see the similarities between them and backers.

That was not my point though.

My point was people on both sides are making GBS threads on other people (and themselves), but because we see it as a scam doesn’t magically justify us doing it.

I totally don’t care enough to get all controversial about this anymore though. You guys win. :)

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

The Titanic posted:

My point was people on both sides are making GBS threads on other people (and themselves), but because we see it as a scam doesn’t magically justify us doing it.

I totally don’t care enough to get all controversial about this anymore though. You guys win. :)
But that's what the internet is for, even in the UseNet days. :P

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The latest atv is a loving clip show?

Now, Mark's story is he's never been in S42, and CIG 3d modelling team are making it easy to believe.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

It's time for our inaugural look at the 3.0 leaderboards! How swamped are the servers for this long-anticipated, massively hyped release?

Star Marine: 28.7 average users; 10,988 unique users.
Arena Commander: 8.3 average users; 1,894 uniques.
Murray Cup (racing): 1.4 average users; 724 uniques.

Total: 38.4 average users; 12,336 uniques.

This isn't a huge change from the numbers at the end of 2.6.3. Average concurrent users have stayed about the same or maybe gone up 5-ish from the record lows. What is interesting is the relative shift toward Star Marine and away from Arena Commander; in 2.6.3 they were approximately even in terms of average usage. If the trend away from AC holds in subsequent weeks, it may reflect dissatisfaction with the ever-worsening state of the flight model.

The period covered by this report was December 24 16:30 through December 29 04:00 (all times UTC).

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 29, 2017

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Who the hell is playing Star Marine.

Flying portions sure. You've bought in and you're gonna keep banging away at it because this is what you wanted drat it. But if you want to actually play an FPS the market isn't short on vastly superior options and I really, really doubt that a significant number cashed into SC in order to play the FPS portion.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:yikes:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

let's all have a good time laughing at the video game

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Milky Moor posted:

quote:

Canto Bight, the opulent locale in The Last Jedi, brought us fathiers, Benicio del Toro‘s DJ, a bevy of fancy attire, and a little drunk alien trying to shove coins into BB-8. The guy that mistook our favorite spherical droid for a slot machine is Dobbu Scay, and though he’s a purely CG character, he was brought to life in a motion capture performance by none other than Mark Hamill.

The Last Jedi VFX supervisor Ben Morris told Nerdist, “Mark came to Rian [Johnson]. Mark’s done an awful lot of computer game voices for characters, but he’s never had the chance [to do mo-cap]. So, he said, ‘I want to put the dots on, man. I want to do that mo-cap thing.'”

The director obliged. “Rian made a little cameo for Mark,” Morris said. “We brought him after the main shoot to our ILM and performance capture stage in London. We spent an afternoon with him, staging those moments with Rian. That was quite bizarre.”

Morris continued, “We actually built the gigantic wire frame BB-8 that was a little to the right side so that Mark was the same height as the toad dude. So, we’ve got this enormous BB-8, like the Christmas bauble, that’s made out of wire. I think Mark had a great time. And we leave that as the basis for his performance ideas for the character.”

Creature shop head Neal Scanlan said they made a maquette of Dobbu Scay, who Morris affectionately calls “the toad dude” and combined Hamill’s mo-cap performance with puppeteers—Scanlan and Morris really work in tandem to bring the creatures to the galaxy.

Scanlan explained, “Digital made a very big version of BB-8, and so we performed it. Warwick [Davis] and Jimmy Vee played the real scale character with the real sized BB-8, and then the digital guys had a big BB-8 made and Mark played the character to the big BB-8. They motion captured his performance and then scanned in the characters and created it as a full digital character, which is great.”

So next time you watch The Last Jedi and see the little wobbly alien stuffing coins into BB-8, remember that’s Hamill in a mo-cap suit. If we’re lucky, Lucasfilm will share behind-the-scenes photos.
lol

This is great

The Titanic posted:

It really isn't helpful image-wise that the 'face' of one side is Derek "Derek loving Smart" Smart

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Space whale. The only true accomplishment of CIG is to unearth them.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Star Citizen is good because, as a paid PC game, it won't adopt the worst of freemium mechanics.

...oh.

Good news, though! Lack of persistence to the rescue!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7mopz9/15_hour_insurance_time/

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Why is the camera behaving more drunk than I intend to get on New Years Eve?

Imagine that cinematic playing out just like that, but in VR. :barf::tubular:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sabreseven posted:

crobbler told them to mimic the way he filmed his home videos.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

He's right, all the promises were fulfilled.

Crobberts never promised that the planets would not violently shake at all times.

Crobberts never promised you'd be able to touch the planet without clipping into it or exploding.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

On the topic of ladders, Larian implemented ladders successfully in Gamebryo when making Divinity 2 (no, not the Divinity: Original Sin 2 that recently came out). They even have the player character do a fancy handstand maneuver at the top of the ladder. That was released about a year after Fallout 3.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Well we believed that if they somehow hacked together some fix, it would make the game run like rear end. I guess they showed us.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Chris Roberts

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Has anyone flown around a planetoid close to the surface yet? That seems like something that should have happened by now to prove it wasn't "just a level"

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Rudager posted:

Has anyone flown around a planetoid close to the surface yet? That seems like something that should have happened by now to prove it wasn't "just a level"

To that point, I kinda expected had anyone actually found any level boundries, we'd've heard about it by now.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hobold posted:

To that point, I kinda expected had anyone actually found any level boundries, we'd've heard about it by now.

I watched a streamer drive away from the place where he and his buddies landed and then suddenly his rover was floating in space. I'm not sure if it was just normal jank or if he hit a boundary or what

Whatever it was, it was definitely a victory for the citizens. They sure showed us all

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sabreseven posted:

It's attached to a model going through its idle animations because that's the level of talent they have left.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Holiday Sale To Date:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661
2017-12-27 $149,847
2017-12-28 $141,118

Total Tally: $1.039M WTF.

:rip:
Phi230
EminusSleepus
Lack of Gravitas
Sarsapariller
Drunk Theory
Mr Fronts

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

no_recall posted:

Holiday Sale To Date:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661
2017-12-27 $149,847
2017-12-28 $141,118

:rip:
Phi230
EminusSleepus
Lack of Gravitas
Sarsapariller
Drunk Theory
Mr Fronts

How much more need they raise this year to be even with the complete 2016 haul, No Recall?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lladre posted:

State of the game.

Holy poo poo

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

no_recall posted:

Holiday Sale To Date:

I wonder if CIG intentionally held back on a release or promotion of some sort that would have brought in more cash. ATV was delayed by a day and it could have been to redo Hobo Felonius' segment as well as Chris & Sandi's outro. It's hard to fathom why they didn't capitalize on SQ42 in some way, unless the decision not to was premeditated.

This sale is occurring right in the middle of the Skadden filing and CIG response. Makes you wonder.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

How much more need they raise this year to be even with the complete 2016 haul, No Recall?

2016-12-22 $72,811
2016-12-23 $92,981
2016-12-24 $193,370
2016-12-25 $187,200
2016-12-26 $282,453
2016-12-27 $483,760
2016-12-28 $95,280
2016-12-29 $93,746
2016-12-30 $91,448
2016-12-31 $83,489

Total for 2016 for the same period :1.676M

3 days to go to match it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Abuminable posted:

I wonder if CIG intentionally held back on a release or promotion of some sort that would have brought in more cash. ATV was delayed by a day and it could have been to redo Hobo Felonius' segment as well as Chris & Sandi's outro. It's hard to fathom why they didn't capitalize on SQ42 in some way, unless the decision not to was premeditated.

This sale is occurring right in the middle of the Skadden filing and CIG response. Makes you wonder.

It's entirely possible they're rigging poo poo to counter-sue Crytek for loss of "earnings".

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its quite amazing that there was no new "Concept" this sale.

Thats a new one for them.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

intardnation posted:

willing to bet he has the CIG/SC collapsed and the warning signs were there piece ready to go

Everyone in the games media has this piece ready to go.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

I held my breath for five whole minutes and I still haven't come to terms with this. Maybe six is the ticket.

I once had that in my fish tank. That worm was no joke, let me tell you that. RIP rear end in a top hat Eunice sp.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Liam Cunningham could sell me anything. :allears:

I am back in. Who wants to crew my Idris??

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Why is it that CIG took 5 years to make cinematics on par with Doom 3?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

Liam Cunningham could sell me anything. :allears:

I am back in. Who wants to crew my Idris??

Do you need a guy to dance on your flight deck each time someone launches a ship? If so, I'm in. What is the pay and conditions like?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ah memory, it plays tricks on all of us:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ripptide posted:

See what happens when you forget to put /s at the end of your articles!

That would defeat the whole point of 28th December "sucker´s day" I am afraid. Spaniards revel in you falling for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Ah memory, it plays tricks on all of us:

Someone nice, please polish my pipeline, tia