Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

And Tyler Too! posted:

For infested small-fry Heat or Gas. For the larger dudes, Corrosive. Always prioritize ancient healers because they have a damage resist aura that at higher levels can make everything very durable until it's dealt with.

Nyx's chaos makes ancient healers suddenly very selfish with their aura :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Fragor looks like a badass hammer, is it worth building?

E: gently caress it, who cares, it looks badass, I'm building it

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Montalvo posted:

Yes. And Fragor prime is even better. Throw on berserker if you have it so you can swing around a big hammer like its a nerf bat.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is titania actually good? I love the concept, but her abilities other than her 4 rely on things staying alive long enough to be useful, and her 4 seems fragile as gently caress

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's got a few uses, but her 1-3 are useless finicky garbage. most people who use her at all focus on amping up her 4 with a stat stick. also, she's not especially fast in plains compared to the real speed builds, but she ignores terrain between bounties, can be modded to nuke drop ships, and all of the anti-air stuff there is based on knocking people out of archwings so it is useless against razorwing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 29, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Anyone have a ton of Blood Rush they want to sell me for me to resell?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Montalvo posted:

E: gently caress it, who cares, it looks badass, I'm building it

Yes. Build Fragor Prime too, it starts with 35% base crit chance which is huge.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hammers have a huge finisher modifier, meaning they are excellent for stealth attacks. become the invisible hammer ninja you were always meant to be.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hammers have a huge finisher modifier, meaning they are excellent for stealth attacks.

Warframe Logic is a huge part of this game's appeal

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hammers have a huge finisher modifier, meaning they are excellent for stealth attacks. become the invisible hammer ninja you were always meant to be.

Pretty much any weapon can do enough damage to get oneshots with stealth finishers.
The one exception, ironically enough, is daggers. At least without the covert lethality mod.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Pretty much any weapon can do enough damage to get oneshots with stealth finishers.
The one exception, ironically enough, is daggers. At least without the covert lethality mod.

ah, but what if you get the riven unlock with an extinguished key on a level 30 exterminate solo without being detected? it's doable without a hammer or covert lethality, but hammers make it a lot smoother.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That's what bows are for.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ah, but what if you get the riven unlock with an extinguished key on a level 30 exterminate solo without being detected? it's doable without a hammer or covert lethality, but hammers make it a lot smoother.

Suppressed Lex Prime. I'm not getting my hands dirty :colbert:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Warframe Logic is a huge part of this game's appeal

My personal favorite is that fast weapons that deal slash damage are good against armor, while slow, heavy-hitting puncture/impact damage attacks are weak against it.

:psyduck:

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

Is titania actually good? I love the concept, but her abilities other than her 4 rely on things staying alive long enough to be useful, and her 4 seems fragile as gently caress

As long as your 6 butterflies are alive when using Titania's 4, you're actually quite durable. If they all die, then just refresh the ability and you're good to go.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Johnny Joestar posted:

who else is excited for another load of potential garbage from baro tomorrow

That guy sells an item that starts Inaros quest, right?

I do not have Inaros, and hear he’s a bit good, so moderate excitement levels I guess.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

xiansi posted:

That guy sells an item that starts Inaros quest, right?

I do not have Inaros, and hear he’s a bit good, so moderate excitement levels I guess.
Inaros quest life hack: scan all the kavats. I didn't do it and now I deeply regret that I need to scan kavats for my kavat segment.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Inaros is extremely good, easily in my top three most played frames. He's the hammer I reach for these days instead of Rhino, for when a problem demands a blunt instrument :hai:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Khorne posted:

Inaros quest life hack: scan all the kavats. I didn't do it and now I deeply regret that I need to scan kavats for my kavat segment.

I will, thanks.

And on the subject of scanning poo poo, has anyone else noticed Helios (prime if it makes a difference) not scanning things recently? I’ve put investigate mod in various slots, but it’ll scan 1 or 2 things and just stop. Thing used to burn through tons of scanners per mission, so it definitely used to work.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Alright, so just applied to the PC clan-- IGN: The_Rickers

Never seemed to be on at the same time as my previous clan dudes and I need people to carry me through eidelon hunts dammit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

xiansi posted:

I will, thanks.

And on the subject of scanning poo poo, has anyone else noticed Helios (prime if it makes a difference) not scanning things recently? I’ve put investigate mod in various slots, but it’ll scan 1 or 2 things and just stop. Thing used to burn through tons of scanners per mission, so it definitely used to work.

When the codex reaches the arbitrary number at which it considers a thing 'fully scanned', Helios stops scanning them. This is why it's not really usable for scanning kavat DNA; once the thing is maxed out, you'll have to go back to doing it by hand.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

xiansi posted:

I will, thanks.

This probably means you're starting to fill out your codex. Since Helios only scans stuff for your codex, then a generic grinner that you see dozens of times a mission will only be scanned the first ten times then it will just stop.

Even for stuff that you need repeat scans like kavats. Helios will stop after the 4th one because the codex entry is complete. Even if you want all of the kitties.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Khorne posted:

Didn't they patch this out a while ago? I wanna say I saw something about taking the kavats out or making them not give DNA.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Broose posted:

Didn't they patch this out a while ago? I wanna say I saw something about taking the kavats out or making them not give DNA.

I don't think I got any cat DNA and I scanned all the cats in the quest.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RFC2324 posted:

does titania's 4 get you xp for your chosen archwing / aw weapons because I would like it if the answer was yes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'm so glad I got both kavat types on the first two cats I made so I never have to scan cats again

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Psion posted:

does titania's 4 get you xp for your chosen archwing / aw weapons because I would like it if the answer was yes

Zero experience for AW stuff. But ask in clan chat for a few runs of AW MD. Easy carry and full 1-30 for guns and wings after one or two runs.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I scanned all the kavats in that quest only a few weeks ago, it was laborious but I got a whole cat out of it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Khorne posted:

Enemy Radar/Enemy Sense stops being useful for sleeping after you run it a few times. However, it can still be useful for determining enemy density ahead and which direction is the "real" direction. The trick with this is to skip super high density packs when the focus booster orb is about to spawn. Then backtrack a tad when it spawns, or run forward and slay the new pack you see (so sleep expires on the old one), resleep while running at the old one, and get a 50k-70k focus orb. You can also straight skip packs and they'll respawn ahead of you later for high density or run at you from behind, but most of the time I don't skip packs I just leave stragglers up that aren't worth my time.

Do exterminates always spawn a set number of enemies, and you just have to kill X of them? I have no idea how the spawn mechanics of this game work and it'd be good to learn.

Also are focus orb spawns time based or XP based?

E: Trying to skip things just made them fuckin all wake up alert behind me and completely ruined my run, idgi

E2: Yeah I can sleep things and move like 200m ahead and they'll pull an Oblivion Town Guard and telepathically sprint me down across the level spraying their guns, alerting everything, and killing my run

E3: Oh okay so they sprint up from behind but they're not actually alert, which is actually pretty sweet for getting them to clump up so you can fry them all. They just seem to be like pseudo-alert and will full alert and shoot you as soon as they get into line of sight

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 29, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Those logs from the Ghoul mission rewards turn out to be another bit of relatively well written backstory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIdOeUc92Ic&t=14s

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Magres posted:

Do exterminates always spawn a set number of enemies, and you just have to kill X of them? I have no idea how the spawn mechanics of this game work and it'd be good to learn.

Also are focus orb spawns time based or XP based?

Exterminate used to only have x number of enemies, but now you just have to kill that number and the continue spawning until you leave.

Focus orbs spawns are time based, I'm not sure of the timing but I know they last about a minute once they do spawn.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

So, now that the acolyte event is over, did anyone actually need argon scope for some build they were going to do? I got 2 extra during the event. Only thing I couldn't nab was Meme Strike sadly Nevermind goons helping goons is awesome once again.

So if you need Argon Scope for whatever build you're trying to do and don't have one, speak up!

Edit: 1 left

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 29, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

BeAuMaN posted:

So, now that the acolyte event is over, did anyone actually need argon scope for some build they were going to do? I got 2 extra during the event. Only thing I couldn't nab was Meme Strike sadly.

So if you need Argon Scope for whatever build you're trying to do and don't have one, speak up!
I would love one. Wouldn't drop at all :(
I got a spare meme strike to trade for it!
IGN Flipswitch

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

That's one given away (and holy crap thanks for the meming strike!), but reason for this post:

:frogsiren: Blue/Silver Potato Alert :frogsiren:
:getin: 1 hour 27 mins left as of post.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i remain serenely above such concerns like wishing i had farmed maiming strike

also i was out of town for most of violence being up, great event

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I got all the mods in the first event, so I have just ignored them all week.

I have just been fishing instead.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Sandweed posted:

I got all the mods in the first event, so I have just ignored them all week.

I have just been fishing instead.

Just making sure, you do have the two new weapons that you can only get from the event right?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Ghoul event? Yes. Acolytes didn't drop any guns afik.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Those logs from the Ghoul mission rewards turn out to be another bit of relatively well written backstory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIdOeUc92Ic&t=14s

:golfclap: DE's writing is definitely much improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I realized something about the character you see in Apostasy Prologue - he's been doing the voice-over for Prime Trailers for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4ldsvVbjA