Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, MHX is cute and her NP looks cool, but, I think I'm gonna keep sandbagging my quartz for friend Jalter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I have Caesar at 60, Fregus at 13, and then Gilles. That's it. Maybe I'll throw a pull for a (fake) shot at Nero or Salter. How necessary are the bonus servants for this event, anyway?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple of things I've noticed, reading the cirno page for Saber Wars and reading a few posts about the event:

-Like previous events you have lower AP (though 20, 25, and 30 AP variants, no 10AP this time) nodes that have varying levels of drops for each currency type.

-However, there are also multiple 40AP nodes and each one is optimized for grinding one currency type. These are the ones you want.

-HOWEVER, the silver currency (lens) 40AP node has a Tesla and is a pain in the rear end, so it's better to get your lenses from the 25AP.

-Once you get enough Purely Bloom CEs, you can MLB them for +200% which you put on your front line to annihilate the Lancer 40AP node easily. You run this node for the whole event basically, switching to do the challenge quests as they come up as necessary.

-Apparently the 5* gacha CE is largely unnecessary as you will get enough tubes to buy out everything as long as you run the 40AP enough to get 2,000,000 points (you want this).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People are saying that it's similar to Guda Guda, an event that I mostly cleared in 3-4 days quite easily without max bonus. Basically rely on Saber lily and play a lot.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Got Altria at 80, Nero at 74, and Lily, Altera, and Caesar between 50-60. Pretty good, but a bit more leveling wouldn't hurt. Totally want that MHX though when she's available.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Purely Bloom just a shittier Heaven's Feel? Is it just for people that don't have Heaven's Feel?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Unless I am misunderstanding the way Saber Wars works, Purely Bloom doubles all damage output from the Servant in question. Regular attacks, NP, everything. MLB it's 3x. But for only Saber Wars, of course.

E: The non-event NP boost is like a shittier Heaven's Feel it seems, yeah.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Only for the duration and event of Saber Wars, but yes, that was my understanding as well. Otherwise it's a much worse Heaven's Feel.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Oh Snapple! posted:

How was this not Sure Promise

That's for someone else.

GO has some silly fan art and it's great

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I've got Caesar at 40, Fergus and Sieg at 1, and... that's it. Not sure how many of these hearts and claws I'll be getting at this rate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean you get what you can because it's still free claws and hearts you would have not gotten otherwise.

The 40AP Lancer node can also drop gears, octuplet crystals, and even hearts so that's going to be swell either way.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I pushed ahead with my silly team and added laltria and Hassan, so I guess they’ll be my mains for a while

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
With the HP totals on some of these challenge events, it sure seems like you're only meant to clear them with event bonus servants. Or does Lily's +100% ATK bonus (for example) apply to everyone in the party, even if she's in the back row?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
You're supposed to have everyone with the +100% (or +200% or whatever) CE, then also be using Bonus Servants who also get an attack boost (Lily and MHX 100%, Salter and Nero +80%, all other Golds at 60%, Silvers at 20%), and just stack the bonuses as high as possible. Then you also get double (1.5? I don't remember) damage when you're fighting Lancers since everyone is a saber, so you get up to like 300-400% bonus damage.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You will eventually do 100k per card.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Aw yeah, good thing I invested the XP into Saber Lily to prep for the event. Level 80 and ready to go.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
UMU will carry the day

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

Aw yeah, good thing I invested the XP into Saber Lily to prep for the event. Level 80 and ready to go.

I did it during during the santa alter event because I've been having a drought of exp for a while now. Also got a level 92 Nero ready to tank everything. I've been looking forward to this event ever since I saw a video of every enemy having an ahoge and the drop called Artorium.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Artorium is also just more ahoges

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guess I'm scrambling for saber exp cards today instead of farming Hearts then.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Marogareh posted:

You know your roll is cursed to be complete garbage when Mephisto is the first one to show up :sigh:

Wait, that CE is from the gacha!?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
From the Karna and Arjuna one.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nope. The news post would've mentioned it.
This is a little frustrating, I like all of the New Year CE artwork (and just the novelty of them tbh), but spending SQ to roll for just CEs feels awful, especially when

the_steve posted:

I think I'm gonna keep sandbagging my quartz for friend Jalter.
:hf:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm waiting for the Kintoki rate up. He's so useful and dreamy. (Shoutout to the one person who has him in my friendlist, brah)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
surely saber gilles will get me through this event

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still think its hilarious that vanilla Artoria AKA the original Saber has lower Saber score than loving Nero.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Lt. Lizard posted:

I still think its hilarious that vanilla Artoria AKA the original Saber has lower Saber score than loving Nero.

She might be the foundation for the meme but the meme has outgrown her.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Argas posted:

She might be the foundation for the meme but the meme has outgrown her.

Must be one of those RULES OF NATURE I've heard so much about.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I wanna roll for Salter because she owns and saber wars owns but I also want Lancer Alter because SHE owns but I also want to roll for Arjuna because HE owns but I don't have quartz for any of it :gibs:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
!!!

Sadly, it's my alternate account that I only play with from time to time, but still! Arjuna!

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

MonsieurChoc posted:

!!!

Sadly, it's my alternate account that I only play with from time to time, but still! Arjuna!

And a Grand New Year to boot. Congrats!

Did an obligatory 10-roll myself. Got nothing worth mentioning except for the Heroic New Year and Peacefulness of 2018 CEs. But they're new, so I'll take them.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I got a ticket from the login bonus and figured what the hell, may as well try for lancer alter.

Out pops Tesla :stare:

While I'm happy to have a 5* archer I fear that this means I've used up my luck and I'm not gonna roll MHX :ohdear:

Ah well, at least I'm ready for saber wars. The only saber I don't have is Mordred and they're all at a high level thanks to grinding the christmas lottery. Even got Lily to level 80 just for this event.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Has anyone actually ever seen a demon show up in the Caster training grounds?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Had one just now lol

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I've yet to not have a heart drop from them when I see one, at least for today.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Had one yesterday before going to bed but it didnt drop its heart

e- Half off should have been all dailies, I needed more saber exp for the wars

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 29, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I've had a couple in Expert today. Both gave gold drops but only one of them was a heart.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Imma whale hard for SAlter and Emperor Roses come next Thursday. Maybe I'll pick up some good stuff on the side.

After that I'll have to enter hardcore conservation mode for what comes April.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I've yet to not have a heart drop from them when I see one, at least for today.
And after about 20 runs starting from last night, I finally got two in a row. First one was a gold Caster gem though :negative: But I got the one heart I was gonna hope for for Lancer Artoria so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
so is Saber Wars going to have any consolation prizes for the unlucky chumps who blew all their quartz on not drawing good Sabers and don't want to blow more quartz on event CEs? can my friend Caesar just buy an ahoge from the store and then sell it back to them for ten ahoges?