Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I would love me some Shuri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You can come back to Marble Hebrons.

But my dude who should I put my 6* into, considering I had all of the good characters before

I obviously put my 300 bios into Daisy because I just need 90 more costume crates to unlock Legendary

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

But my dude who should I put my 6* into, considering I had all of the good characters before

I obviously put my 300 bios into Daisy because I just need 90 more costume crates to unlock Legendary

Best immediate use would be to get universal bios from the machine in the lab until you get Anti-Man, Blue Marvel or Nova then use it on them. Upside is they are overpowered as hell at T1 or T2. I almost got 15 second quicksilver with T2 nova (uni-Hela lead, Sharog tagging along out of boredom) and my cards and isos are poo poo. Downside is they are removing the $$lootboxes$$ you are intended to get them from in a week or two and they haven't announced how they will be available after that. Could be easy and not worth wasting a ticket.

Older than the Ultimates are the new bio sub chars. Absorbing Man, Titania, Spidey 2099 and Quasar (came with the ultimates, but not quite as overpowered as the rest of them). Titania has a good leadership, Spidey is a typical really good spiderbro, and Quasar is solid for a Shadowlands level with neat looking abilities. I don't know if Absorbo is good for anything.

And if you don't have wolverine and dr strange done, then clea and the x-men are decent choices if you want to speed up their epics some but I'm assuming thats behind you and they aren't something you can't get easily with time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I just grabbed Anti-Man from the processor. Is he worth using my Mega 6 ticket on instead of saving it for Valkyrie/Quasar? A universal villain sounds more valuable in general but it just sounds like he's the best option anyway? I'm probably not going for Valkyrie or Quasar until the next pay character or two come along but I have a bunch of 4 and 5* tickets stashed I can use on them.

I just have a real hard time taking Anti-Man seriously.

edit: Oh right... I guess I should wait until the next update comes where they remove the Hero Box to see if Anti-Man becomes easier to rank up. I guess I'll just keep sitting on the ticket.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

So I just grabbed Anti-Man from the processor. Is he worth using my Mega 6 ticket on instead of saving it for Valkyrie/Quasar? A universal villain sounds more valuable in general but it just sounds like he's the best option anyway? I'm probably not going for Valkyrie or Quasar until the next pay character or two come along but I have a bunch of 4 and 5* tickets stashed I can use on them.

edit: Oh right... I guess I should wait until the next update comes where they remove the Hero Box to see if Anti-Man becomes easier to rank up. I guess I'll just keep sitting on the ticket.

Valkyrie needs to be T2 to really help since it gives her the Coulson team buff against supervillains. She seems a bit weak in SL, needing her pegasi out to do much. I don't have personal experience with T1 anti-man since I jumped him and Nova straight to T2 between 6/6 tickets and whaling out on chests before I noticed the boycott (I'd literally just read the Al Ewing Ultimates comic trades and was pumped to get them) but at T2 he's probably my best character over Sharog (don't have jean or thanos built yet). He does more damage but is squishy in ABX if you don't time his abilities right. My first time in I sailed right past 100k but since then I don't know what I'm doing wrong but he keeps taking big hits. I think I just got lucky with my timing and need some more practice. Quasar at T1 is decent and can kill regular world bosses and clear an early shadowlands level. A review on reddit today says she's lacking in damage but is very tanky with her iframes. I plan to T2 her after Ancient One with my next two tickets (14 day event and January's 30 day login).

STAC Goat posted:

His 2 is hilarious where he just rockets up into the air while spinning. Also for some reason they decided to give him, Blue Marvel, and Nova the channeled cyclops beam where they just stand there firing it off until interrupted or the possibly stunlocked target dies.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 29, 2017

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

bagrada posted:

Valkyrie needs to be T2 to really help since it gives her the Coulson team buff against supervillains. She seems a bit weak in SL, needing her pegasi out to do much. I don't have personal experience with T1 anti-man since I jumped him and Nova straight to T2 between 6/6 tickets and whaling out on chests before I noticed the boycott (I'd literally just read the Al Ewing Ultimates comic trades and was pumped to get them) but at T2 he's probably my best character over Sharog (don't have jean or thanos built yet). He does more damage but is squishy in ABX if you don't time his abilities right. My first time in I sailed right past 100k but since then I don't know what I'm doing wrong but he keeps taking big hits. I think I just got lucky with my timing and need some more practice. Quasar at T1 is decent and can kill regular world bosses and clear an early shadowlands level. A review on reddit today says she's lacking in damage but is very tanky with her iframes. I plan to T2 her after Ancient One with my next two tickets (14 day event and January's 30 day login).

His 2 is hilarious where he just rockets up into the air while spinning. Also for some reason they decided to give him, Blue Marvel, and Nova the channeled cyclops beam where they just stand there firing it off until interrupted or the possibly stunlocked target dies.

Blue Marvel doesn't even need it, his 5 just murders everything

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My BM is tier 1 and I cleared floor 22 on SL with him (reflect physical, JJ and Shulk) without breaking a sweat.

Holiday hauls? I got... 3 5* cards. No 6*, no premium. :geno:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I usually save Cyclops for that JJ/She-Hulk stage. He's limited in waves or rumbles but any stage like that where you can lie the enemies up he can take care of with just 5.

I have 1 T2 ticket and another on the way this week from the 14 day thing. My general idea is to save them for the Pay Characters first, the unfarmable Ultimates/A-Force second, and the non-farmable-but-bio-capable characters third like Hulk.

My 4/19 Blue Marvel can own most Waves/Rumbles and my 4/15 Nova does pretty well too. So I have no real emphasis on working them up.

America Chavez can take down an early Shadowland stage at 4/17 with some work and luck so I want to work her up a bit. Especially since she's farmable unlike the other Ultimates. So that's just farming.

My 4/17 Agent Venom, 4/17 Enchantress, and 4/17 Spidey 2099 can all do some damage in Shadowland. Venom is probably the closest to 4/20 but Spidey might need the help the most. I just worked Ironheart up to 4/15 last week and she seems useful so I'll probably get her to 4/17 at least. I've never worked on Kid Kaiju so I should do that. Hyperion is at 4/17 but I've never really found a use for him.

Like I said I'm probably not going for Valkyrie or Quasar until I can grab 1 or 2 more characters. I have 2 4* tickets, 4 5*, and a mega 6 so I usually work the pay characters up to 3 or 4 and then use tickets the rest of the way when I can get them. Then I'll spend the rest of the bios working up those others, probably.

I have a bunch of characters ready to T2 but they're all story farmable besides Mantis. I've been T2ing those Early Story characters left and right since the price decrease. I don't set out to, but I end up getting them eligible without trying so I just do it since its cheap. And Mantis doesn't really seem necessary since she can already take down Wave/Rumbles at 4/20. I'm tentatively planning to throw this week's Shadowland bios on Hulk and use the ticket on him.

What I should really probably be doing is working towards Apocalypse, Thanos, Odin, or Dormammu since I've been stuck on Floor 28 the last few weeks. I stalled out on Scarlet Witch at 4* so I should probably finish her too to get Apocalypse. It also sounds like he's the better option for ABX over Carnage who I still haven't gotten capable of 100K yet.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Blue Marble owns so hard. God tier.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bagrada posted:

Also for some reason they decided to give him, Blue Marvel, and Nova the channeled cyclops beam where they just stand there firing it off until interrupted or the possibly stunlocked target dies.

FYI if you don’t already know, Thanos and Cable have that as well. It’s nice on Cable with the ignore dodge leadership if I get a rocket sprung on me after level 20 and I’ve already taken out two Rockets (which I’d use Robbie and bullseye leadership on).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I pray for Rockets in Shadowland because I have like half a dozen Speed T2s who are useless for everything but can take out Rocket easily.

I save Bullseye for one of those bullshit Spider-Man Rumbles where everyone dodges everything while webbing you. Bullseye in leadership plus a Combat like Iron Fist or Carnage with Web Immunity.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I hate those spider man rumbles because I always forget who I have with web immunity.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Would a ITGB/All Def/Invincible obo be good for Inferno w/ uniform?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

I hate those spider man rumbles because I always forget who I have with web immunity.
I've taken to locking a couple of 2* Web Immunity obelisks and just keeping them in reserve for Shadowland each week so I can just plug in the 2* and not care about trashing it later. But at this stage like half my Combats have ended up with Web Immunity.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

After investing in Nova, I gotta say he's the best out of the hero chest characters. He's especially hilarious in Shadowlands and can perma-hitstun the entire screen.

Not that Blue Marvel and Anti-Man are bad. Really I'd put the 3 of the Ultimates characters shuffled somewhere among the top 6 characters in the whole game, with Quicksilver, Jean and Wolverine. They're all that good.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Dave posted:

FYI if you don’t already know, Thanos and Cable have that as well. It’s nice on Cable with the ignore dodge leadership if I get a rocket sprung on me after level 20 and I’ve already taken out two Rockets (which I’d use Robbie and bullseye leadership on).

Nice. My Thanos is 5* with enough BAM to combine for 6* but I underestimated how many bios he'll need and ran out getting him to 55. Now I get to decide between leveling him the rest of the way or saving for Jean (need 10 days for Storm, Cyclops is at 20/20/20/15).

Question, what all do Strikers give you? Their specifically mentioned bonus is obvious (ie +10% supervillain damage from Sharog). They sometimes show up with an attack randomly when you hit or when you are hit and that's easy enough to find out. They all show up and attack briefly when you hit the purple button. Do they give team bonuses, like do you get the Love Triangle bonus if you have Jean lead with Wolverine and Cyclops as strikers? Do they give ally bonuses like Coulson's, Warwolf's or Mantis' if they are in the striker team? I kill all the normal bosses up through Cable trivially and iThanos with some effort, but to speed things along I'm always torn whether to stack the strikers with my best guys (like Wolverine and Quicksilver when using an energy hero) or stack damage type bonus to the point that you throw in a newly 6/0/60 Crystal with gear at 5 just for the +energy damage to your lead.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

bagrada posted:

Nice. My Thanos is 5* with enough BAM to combine for 6* but I underestimated how many bios he'll need and ran out getting him to 55. Now I get to decide between leveling him the rest of the way or saving for Jean (need 10 days for Storm, Cyclops is at 20/20/20/15).

Question, what all do Strikers give you? Their specifically mentioned bonus is obvious (ie +10% supervillain damage from Sharog). They sometimes show up with an attack randomly when you hit or when you are hit and that's easy enough to find out. They all show up and attack briefly when you hit the purple button. Do they give team bonuses, like do you get the Love Triangle bonus if you have Jean lead with Wolverine and Cyclops as strikers? Do they give ally bonuses like Coulson's, Warwolf's or Mantis' if they are in the striker team? I kill all the normal bosses up through Cable trivially and iThanos with some effort, but to speed things along I'm always torn whether to stack the strikers with my best guys (like Wolverine and Quicksilver when using an energy hero) or stack damage type bonus to the point that you throw in a newly 6/0/60 Crystal with gear at 5 just for the +energy damage to your lead.

I usually rank how hard the strikers hit or if they time stop at the top of my list. I use strange/dormy/Odin/Jean/wolv/ with Prox as the fill in

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus christ how hard is it for people to do the daily in the coop World Boss when its something simple like "use less than 3 male characters"?

I'm stuck at SL 17 because I just don't have enough t2 to make it through, but that clears at least 2 bio levels. Not, great but its a start.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always feel bad if I run out of women and think I'm screwing someone over if I use a couple of guys. Sometimes I'll ration and do 2 women/1 man and figure that we're fine unless someone is worse than me or everyone is as bad as me. But mostly I just stop when I run out of women because I remember all the times I was yelling at some jerk for bringing 3 Combats into a "use less than 3 Combats" mission. Like, did you try to do that?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

twistedmentat posted:

Jesus christ how hard is it for people to do the daily in the coop World Boss when its something simple like "use less than 3 male characters"?

My favorite are the people who show up with 3 male characters, see someone else also brought a dude, and then drops. Yeah i get not everyone's going to be overrun with characters (gotta start somewhere) but i'm not sure how applicable that is when they've got an Apoc or Wolvie in their sausage party.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I try not to get too angry at that since I get disconnected before the missions starts a ton. So I imagine some of that is the same thing. And its better than them just standing around taking abuse and not hitting the combo.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Also for the "Use less than X Male/Female Heroes" daily, remember you can use Villains and they don't count towards the total.

I spend most of my energy on WBI so I'll usually just try to burn 3 male teams at once a handful of times just to thin out their numbers on my roster.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i never do a wbi if im not goin for the daily mission cos i need those 4* cards

i dont spend energy on anything unless i can get cards from it

cards cards cards

i hope i get more than one card upgrade this year

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Decent amount of stuff from the new years boxes but they could really use a 'claim all' button. Claim -> okay 18 times in the list, then claim -> okay 18 more times from the mailbox.

Also I have 5 4* tickets, 8 5* tickets, and 6 6* tickets with no one to spend them on until I manage to slot machine my way to a 3* Nova and Anti-man. Getting to the point that these things are just silting up my inventory.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I sold some of my 5* tickets because I have so many.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I wish I could sell some of my gold for less gold. I have too much of it and I've bought everything there is to buy, its taking up too much space someone help

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm sitting on two free t2 tickets and one of them is absolutely going on blue marvel, it's disgusting how much rear end he kicks

Also is there like no way to make punisher worth a gently caress, I've got him in the noir costume I bought way back when I started this game maxed out t1 and he's just a wet napkin with an RPG

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Also icr is there room in thy throne room for me

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

I wish I could sell some of my gold for less gold. I have too much of it and I've bought everything there is to buy, its taking up too much space someone help

Have you upgraded everybody's skills to 6?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HebrewMagic posted:

Also is there like no way to make punisher worth a gently caress, I've got him in the noir costume I bought way back when I started this game maxed out t1 and he's just a wet napkin with an RPG

I actually have some effectiveness with him in low Shadowland stages and the Netflix costume. He can't solo a level but he can team up with another equal character to take down a floor. I was teaming him with Moon Knight before I T2ed MK and now he doesn't really need Punisher. I haven't exactly worked out a replacement (and don't necessarily need to) but this week I tagged him with Cap for the leadership bonus and moved Falcon and Winter Soldier (Cap's usual partners) to a new speed team. He's not a great character but he's a useful tool and I'm probably gonna naturally T2 him some time and see what it does.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

Also icr is there room in thy throne room for me

Sure is!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nova is pretty crazy I just got 13 second cable for the switch unlock with him, ragna-hel lead, and thor for the team buffs since I dont have T2 ancient one or warwolf yet. Strikers were dr strange, sharog, antiman, t1 blue marvel and magneto.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did I miss something or is Cable really delicate? he does good damage, but he gets killed really quickly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As best as I can tell the key with him is the iframes in his 3 and 4 skills so you do damage with the 5 as long as your shield is up and when it drops hit the iframes until you can hit 5 again. At least that's how I've worked him. Yeah, if you just try to do the Cyclops beam thing it seems to get him killed since he doesn't have a steady beam like Cyclops or the rest.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

twistedmentat posted:

Did I miss something or is Cable really delicate? he does good damage, but he gets killed really quickly.

Start with his 4, then 1 then 3 then 5. I put the CTP of energy on him and he basically shits out so much damage his squish does not come into play. He’s the guy I use to beat up WBU’s and I am loving terrible at this game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I took him to Wanda's fight, and she killed him in one shot, but that just might her.

Also, worse matchup in Arena is AoA Wolverine vs AoA Wolverine. Oh hey we're both invincible!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I only really use Cable in Shadowlands and I can take down one of the mid 20s combat floors like Kingpin with him. I think I MIGHT have taken down one of the Planet Hulk floors too? That and WBI is really my full extent of usage. In WBR he just runs on the side with Cyclops while Phoenix solos the boss.

My Phoenix, Sharon, and Strange can take down most AoA Wolverines. Its a gamble to switch to them and risk him killing them quick although there's kind of a trick I use to tag in Quicksilver to incapacitate him and then tag in the Blaster. But if I'm actually paying attention to Timeline and not autorunning its better than waiting five minutes for a draw.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
With a CTP on him cable rivals jean for pure DPS. He's far and away the best use for one in the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually just got done getting Cable's gear, levels, and skills up. So he's probably way better than I've been using him. I just have to take him for a spin now that he's leveled up. I'm just stuck on Shadowlands by some stubborn teen floors and a lack of desire to struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Network42 posted:

With a CTP on him cable rivals jean for pure DPS. He's far and away the best use for one in the game.

Actually he surpasses Jean