Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Venom Soag posted:

Awuuuuuu..

Look at your beautiful Palatine Pals and feel my pain at the quality of future sculpts:

:vomarine:

Endman fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
the spicy boys have all of the peppers

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
In 27 days I am flying 5,256 miles to play 30k with goons.

This is the army I am taking:

In the last 18 months I have completed one space marine. I am probably the slowest painter on SA. I've just started a new job that is eating all of my time. I have already accepted that I am failing my LoW :toxx: made in this thread.

01x Consul
20x Breachers with magnetised weapons
10x Veterans with magnetised weapons
10x Seekers
10x Cataphractii Terminators
05x Tartaros Terminators

That's 56 models in total. I need to complete 2.5 a day, every day. Join me as I attempt to get this all painted before heading to the airport at the end of January.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 29, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:rip:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

F

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Which legion are you going to paint them up as? I'm just trying to figure out if you're doomed or extra doomed.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chiwie posted:

Which legion are you going to paint them up as? I'm just trying to figure out if you're doomed or extra doomed.

Imperial Fists. I have a complicated relationship with yellow.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

I am probably the slowest painter on SA.

Nah

That's me

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Nah

That's me

The two crows you painted gives you double my output.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

TTerrible posted:

Imperial Fists. I have a complicated relationship with yellow.

Yellow's a tough one. Have you given any thought as to how you're going to do it?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fearless posted:

Yellow's a tough one. Have you given any thought as to how you're going to do it?

My meltdowns about yellow have mostly been confined elsewhere, but right now I think I own every shade of yellow/golden brown in three vallejo ranges. I've spent a year furiously airbrushing snap together marines, but I think I'm ok now.

Stanyer worked out how to bash out IF that look better than mine in a single weekend. :suicide:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

TTerrible posted:

Imperial Fists.

Oh god.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

TTerrible posted:

My meltdowns about yellow have mostly been confined elsewhere, but right now I think I own every shade of yellow/golden brown in three vallejo ranges. I've spent a year furiously airbrushing snap together marines, but I think I'm ok now.

Stanyer worked out how to bash out IF that look better than mine in a single weekend. :suicide:

As I recall, Liquitex makes a nice spray can yellow that can work fine for IF. Have you considered using something like that as a base and then pin washing with brown or purple for a shade, and then a highlight with a very pale yellow? Throw in a little weathering (dark brown for rust, or a dark silver for tarnished steel) to mix things up a little if you're feeling fancy. With a spray you could have the base down very quickly on a lot of models, and then just rip through the stages in quick batches.

E: I are dumb. I failed to register your post about the airbrush. That should speed things up nicely.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

In 27 days I am flying 5,256 miles to play 30k with goons.

That's 56 models in total. I need to complete 2.5 a day, every day. Join me as I attempt to get this all painted before heading to the airport at the end of January.

:same:

I will be spending this weekend desperately painting (and ultimately failing to complete) my :toxx: but once that is over I can start working on my army! Painting that much white will be interesting.

:suicide:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I actually think yellow is pretty easy. The trick is to undercoat with a brown and wash with Casandora Yellow.

Anyways, I finished my LoW toxx:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endman posted:

Look at your beautiful Palatine Pals and feel my pain at the quality of future sculpts:

:vomarine:

i'm amazed at how butt ugly their fur loincloths are

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
People have been asking for a tutorial on how I do my conversions, the deredeo dreadnought leg conversion in particular. Spent the last few days working on it and used it as an opportunity to create a second deredeo:

Should have it up over the weekend

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fearless posted:

As I recall, Liquitex makes a nice spray can yellow that can work fine for IF. Have you considered using something like that as a base and then pin washing with brown or purple for a shade, and then a highlight with a very pale yellow? Throw in a little weathering (dark brown for rust, or a dark silver for tarnished steel) to mix things up a little if you're feeling fancy. With a spray you could have the base down very quickly on a lot of models, and then just rip through the stages in quick batches.

E: I are dumb. I failed to register your post about the airbrush. That should speed things up nicely.

Haha tterrible has painted lots of yellow, just never on an actual loving model because he's forever chasing that unicorn.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So can I just get my Toxx ban now? You know, to save time.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I actually think yellow is pretty easy. The trick is to undercoat with a brown and wash with Casandora Yellow.

Anyways, I finished my LoW toxx:

What’s this from?! I want to play it!!

Anyway had a 3k battle against noted forums lurker and Heresy enthusiast Ghazk last night. Armies:

Ironwing for the Dorks tonight:

Ghazk with the Sons of Horus goodness (and a knight that’s turned up in this thread. Don’t worry, I killed it)

We rolled mission 2 and it was real fast and real swingy. Glaive just straight wrecked poo poo, my Spartan full of termies/Praetor pushed around Abaddon and his Justaerin, and a lot of my stuff died by getting shot by plasma and punched by chainfists.

Scary moment at the end when his Moritat killed all but one of the terminators I camped on the objective, but I got it in the end and ended up with the win. TWO WINS IN A ROW FOR THE DORK ANGLES YOU GUYS.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Your tactical prowess continues to astound! Well done m'lord.

In other news, can I convert my LoW toxx into a paint-this-army-for-vegas toxx?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

Your tactical prowess continues to astound! Well done m'lord.

In other news, can I convert my LoW toxx into a paint-this-army-for-vegas toxx?

Lol of course not.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ban me u lil bitch.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Ban me u lil bitch.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/940009288516407296

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:toxx: COMPLETE

If you can't speed paint one and a half Lords of War in less than 12 hours, I don't know what to tell you. Angron has been half finished for like 6 months, but the knight wasn't too bad. I hosed up the top of it with too much wash but :shrug:

Hype for the TOXX next year.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
:toxx: COMPLETE

Hail Satan

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Coming down to the wire! We’ve got about 12 hours to get toxxes in.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I had hoped for more casualties. A shame.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:toxx: complete!

Sorry about the harsh lighting. I'm at my parents' until the 2nd and this was what I had to work with.

It's good enough for now. I'll be revisiting it soon enough to do my usual idiotic amount of edge highlighting. And checkers. It still needs some checkers. I was pressed for time. :v:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I must announce that in 5:30, I will have failed my :toxx:

Life poo poo and some other hobby priorities got in the way. My :10bux: is forfeit on the altar of lowtax (or 25bux if I need to rebuy avatar/plat or whatever. I don't know how this getting banned poo poo works.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Felime posted:

I must announce that in 5:30, I will have failed my :toxx:

Life poo poo and some other hobby priorities got in the way. My :10bux: is forfeit on the altar of lowtax (or 25bux if I need to rebuy avatar/plat or whatever. I don't know how this getting banned poo poo works.

gonna be a cool 25 bucks in richards pocket :twisted:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Safety Factor posted:

:toxx: complete!

Sorry about the harsh lighting. I'm at my parents' until the 2nd and this was what I had to work with.

It's good enough for now. I'll be revisiting it soon enough to do my usual idiotic amount of edge highlighting. And checkers. It still needs some checkers. I was pressed for time. :v:

No checkers. I am disappointed.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Toxx Complete

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 1, 2018

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx Complete

presented in glorious 60x40

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx Complete

Oh you have a new Nokia flip fone?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Goddammit, really? I’ll fix

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Upon realizing it was the 31st today I realized that I had forgotten to post my :toxx: completion so in all his glory, my version of the warmaster:

TOXX COMPLETED!

Sivores fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 1, 2018

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I posted my Lord of War :toxx: a few weeks ago, but here are some bodyguards for him!

Edit:

”I think he is Warmaster. I think he is the master of the Luna Wolves and the chosen proxy of the Emperor, praise be his name, in all our undertakings. He is the first and foremost of all primarchs.”

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Sivores posted:

Upon realizing it was the 31st today I realized that I had forgotten to post my :toxx: completion so in all his glory, my version of the warmaster:

TOXX COMPLETED!

Wait they still play 30k up there?