Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Clearing out reports. Not to single out blackmet, but just as an example, posts like this just make everyone go :what:

Everyone should make a new years resolution to post better

blackmet posted:

I might try it with my next tank. See how it goes.

I have noticed that Costco 91 (I never buy it elsewhere) does give me a extra MPG on average. But my gas tank isn't big enough to make that truly worthwhile, and the 2013 Subaru Legacy is not exactly a performance machine (it's primary use is getting me 30 miles each way to and from work while maintaining about 30 MPG highway and being decent in wet and snowy conditions).

Someone give this thread a better title. I was reaching with this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Bad with Money, or How I Quit Worrying and Learned to Love Cat Food

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Bad With Money: Don’t Post About Your Cars Or Weddings

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Bad with Money: $200k home equity in bitcoin. Wife doesn’t know.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My favorite is when some sage personal finance guru steers someone away from spending a lot of money on a wedding and suggests instead they save that money for ... a downpayment on a new car lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7mbjcw/parent_spent_my_trust_fund_do_i_have_legal/
Parent spent my trust fund, do I have legal recourse?
(self.legaladvice)
submitted 1 day ago by thr0wawayyyyyyyyy999

quote:

My grandparents passed away when I was a teen, leaving me ~1mil+ in a trust fund, with the stipulation that it be available to me when I was an adult. My mom (who in hindsight was likely pissed about being snubbed in the will) was shady about it from the beginning, despite the fact that I was 16 and old enough to be entrusted with such information to at least know exactly how much and when exactly I could have it.
Anyways, fast forward, I'm well into my 20's. I've been harassing my mom about this money for the last 5 years. Recently, I broke down in tears, explaining that I have medical bills and debt from college and going to grad school, I can't even afford a used car and I'm still living with roommates and it pisses me off that I have a million in a trust fund and....she admitted to me that she loving spent it.
And it dawned on me that my single mom who's a retired teacher has mysteriously been affording designer clothes, vacations, new high-end cars, and totally remodeled her house.

Do I have any legal recourse or am I too doomed to be bitter and snubbed?

:murder:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

The money is gone

i don't care if it is a trust

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've seen people spend their kid's trust funds on houses for themselves since that "benefits the trustee" a few times. I don't know how you could explain clothes. Not sure if they could ever get that money back though. Maybe sue and clean out her mom?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Moneyball posted:

The money is gone

i don't care if it is a trust

BWM: The Money Is Gone

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, even if you assume you could unwind some of what happened, it would mean pressing charges for a variety of crimes on your mom and ultimately you'd have to seize whatever physical assets you could. I suppose you'd get something out of the house and cars, but no way are you getting back to a million. Which is depressing, because this is one of those situations where the person really hosed wasn't really the person making BWM choices. :smith:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Bwm was not giving the trust a disinterested trustee to administer the account, holy poo poo that was asking to be abused if you skipped a generation and told the essentially disinherited mom to look after limitless riches.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Ashcans posted:

Yea, even if you assume you could unwind some of what happened, it would mean pressing charges for a variety of crimes on your mom and ultimately you'd have to seize whatever physical assets you could. I suppose you'd get something out of the house and cars, but no way are you getting back to a million. Which is depressing, because this is one of those situations where the person really hosed wasn't really the person making BWM choices. :smith:

You'd have to get a million worth of schadenfreude. Bonus points if you get to choose the home they're put in.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

canyoneer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7mbjcw/parent_spent_my_trust_fund_do_i_have_legal/
Parent spent my trust fund, do I have legal recourse?
(self.legaladvice)
submitted 1 day ago by thr0wawayyyyyyyyy999

:murder:

drat. The mom is likely a narcissist who doesn't feel a shred of guilt, just thought she was correcting the will to get what she 'deserved'.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

kw0134 posted:

Bwm was not giving the trust a disinterested trustee to administer the account, holy poo poo that was asking to be abused if you skipped a generation and told the essentially disinherited mom to look after limitless riches.

Million bucks is hardly limitless riches anymore. That's pretty much poverty level in lots of major metropolitan areas.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pompous Rhombus posted:

drat. The mom is likely a narcissist who doesn't feel a shred of guilt, just thought she was correcting the will to get what she 'deserved'.

On the plus side, the mom seems to have a house, cars and probably recurring pension payments. So there might be enough assets for the daughter to get some of that money back. :unsmith:

And in a best case scenario there might be enough to press criminal charges even if the trust wasting is already a few years back.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
A million dollars buys you a lifetime of financial security. That’s low end $30k a year in dividends, more than a lot of Americans’ yearly incomes.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
SHUUUUTTTTTT UUUPPPPPPPPPPP

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
On the plus side think of all the daughter will inherit when her mom dies in her sleep next year.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
$30k will barely cover private school for one kid.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Moneyball posted:

Clearing out reports. Not to single out blackmet, but just as an example, posts like this just make everyone go :what:

Everyone should make a new years resolution to post better

Someone give this thread a better title. I was reaching with this one

I already suggest Bad With Money: The bus is slowing down to let more people on! though that may be better off on the Altcoin thread

so instead Bad With Money: Don't Miss out on these dealzzzzz!!! THEY ARE FROM THE LORD! in honor of this classy hunbot

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Youth Decay posted:

I already suggest Bad With Money: The bus is slowing down to let more people on! though that may be better off on the Altcoin thread

so instead Bad With Money: Don't Miss out on these dealzzzzz!!! THEY ARE FROM THE LORD! in honor of this classy hunbot

Sure, that'll do.

n8r posted:

$30k will barely cover private school for one kid.

n8r posted:

Million bucks is hardly limitless riches anymore. That's pretty much poverty level in lots of major metropolitan areas.

C'mon son. At least ask if making 100k is rich or not.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Moneyball posted:

I appreciated the subtlety.

Simple and heartwarming :allears:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Moneyball posted:

100k won't get you first to the guillotine, but you're definitely in the splash zone.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

cowofwar posted:

A million dollars buys you a lifetime of financial security. That’s low end $30k a year in dividends, more than a lot of Americans’ yearly incomes.

like he said, basically poverty level in major cities

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I can't afford to miss out on these oily dealzzzz.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Sorry for the rapid changes. I took a closer look at that image

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

kimbo305 posted:

I can't afford to miss out on these oily dealzzzz.

Certainly not with it currently being Time To Get Oily

ef;b by the thread itself

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think that's already existed. There was some kind of wedding club thingy maybe 10 years ago. I think it lasted a few weeks before going bust.

yeah but mine is a marriage trapezoid blockchain.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

My baby is dead but least I have these oils, which are ON SALE. FROM THE LORD. lol.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

So...like...am I the monster for thinking she lied about the whole thing, or is she the monster for using this whole thing?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Jesus, that's so loving disgusting.

Today's bad with money: the dude who hacked my old poker account and didn't change the password before playing and winning a half dozen tournaments that sent notifications to me. I just got an email: "Why u change the password bro?"

Lol, that's $650 free moneys for me. Thanks for winning so much, bro.

Edit: just got another email:
Im a student from India, I dont have a money for food and stadying:((( Pokers is my last chance to survive in my country!
Could you please help me? Just give me your accounte for some time.You can be sure that I will not do bad things with your accounte and I will give it you back. I can believe me

moana fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 29, 2017

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

NancyPants posted:

So...like...am I the monster for thinking she lied about the whole thing, or is she the monster for using this whole thing?

This is a common sales tactic by these people. Both the God bit and the death/sickness. Most of the time the deaths are real and the hunbots are the assholes.

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer

NancyPants posted:

I'm a monster for thinking that there are a lot of oils that are considered abortifacients and do these hunbots really know what they're doing?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Youth Decay posted:

This is a common sales tactic by these people. Both the God bit and the death/sickness. Most of the time the deaths are real and the hunbots are the assholes.

So do these wastes of oxygen ever wake up and realise why everyone they know on social media suddenly unfriends them, or...

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Breetai posted:

So do these wastes of oxygen ever wake up and realise why everyone they know on social media suddenly unfriends them, or...

Unfollow exists for a reason.

E: the gently caress is a hunbot

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Cacafuego posted:

E: the gently caress is a hunbot

Looks like a MLM spammer, not sure why they're called hunbots.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

BigDave posted:

Looks like a MLM spammer, not sure why they're called hunbots.

Largely because they come off as sociopathic groupthink weirdos. They all spout that same poo poo in that puzzlingly sweet tone.

Think Stepford Wives as well. “Hun” as in hunny.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Because if you've got one on your social media they adopt this bizarre, familiar tone when they're getting all up in your business about trying to sell you whatever crap they're hustling:

My post: Wow my back feels awful lately.

Person I haven't spoken with in person in literally 10 years, and had literally forgotten I was social media friends with: So sorry Hon! have you tried our essential oil mixture called "rub a dub dub?" It works for literally everything.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

The Lord taketh, but #lululeggings giveth away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Fellas, what’s the deal with girls who like horses seen as a red flag?

quote:

You'll never be priority #1 in the relationship

It goes:

1: THE HORSE(S)
2: DADDY'S MONEY
3: YOUR MONEY
4: YOU

quote:

Dont do it boys this horse girl is looking for pointers to hide her crazy