Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Ah memory, it plays tricks on all of us:

So predictable. Something like that was called for years by everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

But I was the first ; the original caller as seen in my June blog.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
It is almost like we're seeing a repeat of what happened with 2.0

And 2.1

And 2.2

And 2.3

And 2.4

And 2.5

And 2.6

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

Hay Relic, did you know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary?

hosed up if true

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Ah memory, it plays tricks on all of us:

that guy is definitely trolling though he is right that goons said 3.0 was gonna be great

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

no_recall posted:

2016-12-22 $72,811
2016-12-23 $92,981
2016-12-24 $193,370
2016-12-25 $187,200
2016-12-26 $282,453
2016-12-27 $483,760
2016-12-28 $95,280
2016-12-29 $93,746
2016-12-30 $91,448
2016-12-31 $83,489

Total for 2016 for the same period :1.676M

3 days to go to match it.

I like how it's immediately obvious that people spent their Christmas money from their parents on the game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Solarin posted:

that guy is definitely trolling though he is right that goons said 3.0 was gonna be great
It is great.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

For goons

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Prophecy fulfilled

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Roberts called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3Fi5reXBw

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dusty Lens posted:

I held my breath for five whole minutes and I still haven't come to terms with this. Maybe six is the ticket.

Those things cannot be killed if I am thinking of the right creature, I remember reading someone's effort to murder one of those within his tank and it was a prolonged war effort to be certain. Didn't want to nuke the entire tank as he had other fish within it so he had to use every trick in the book to win the war

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Those things cannot be killed if I am thinking of the right creature, I remember reading someone's effort to murder one of those within his tank and it was a prolonged war effort to be certain. Didn't want to nuke the entire tank as he had other fish within it so he had to use every trick in the book to win the war

I've read a SF story like this. It ended with the things taking over his entire apartment

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Libluini posted:

I've read a SF story like this. It ended with the things taking over his entire apartment

I have been taught to fear such creatures from an early age

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrazyTolradi posted:

I guess Blue Story just stands out more in the same sort of mindset as SC backers, mostly because her husband and her were dumping so much cash into useless crap despite wanting to pay down multiple debts and beef up some savings. The thread was a constant slew of bad decisions on the OP's part and how someone could so firmly believe their choices were the right and proper ones to make, in the face of a ton of good financial advice no less.

I still think it was an elaborate troll, it was all too perfectly constructed to make goons pull their hair out. Either way it's a good thread.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Mr.Tophat posted:

AH! I need to know the name of that game.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Please make me the sole contact for the tracker so I can gently caress with nerds all day.

Are you the tracker's new Skadden representative?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Talez posted:

3000AD, rear end in a top hat.

OK, I'll bite, then block.

The game was Battlecruiser 3000AD

I didn't release it. Take Two did.

So much for your epic burn. Clearly you're not the Chosen One.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

Didn't he literally tear the thing in half at one point, and it just kept living and murdering his fish?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

Didn't he literally tear the thing in half at one point, and it just kept living and murdering his fish?

Yep. The thing came in a rock he put on the tank.

The things are really good at hiding.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 29, 2017

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/advanced-topics/84173-bobbit-worm-chronicles.html

:stonk:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'll bite, then block.

:lol:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Xaerael posted:

AH! I need to know the name of that game.
The Immortal

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Now imagine that worm being really tiny and entering your body through your feet, and you have hookworms.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Xaerael posted:

It's entirely possible they're rigging poo poo to counter-sue Crytek for loss of "earnings".
Discovery would reveal the stupidity of that tack.

"But this tracker we have shows otherwise!"
"Then you'll have no problems producing corroborating evidence in the form of your books, bank statements, etc.? We'll want those for the penalty phase anyway."
"gently caress"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! This just popped up in my daily Google Alerts

https://testsquadron.com/threads/help-derek-smart-is-attacking-me-on-twitter-d.12571/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Lmao. The things thirst for e-validation can do to a man.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

I've been trying to find this game for ages... I remember seeing an advert in an old Amiga Format (probably thats the name) but the only screenshot I had was of that game with the side-scrolly action bit against a dragon...

Going through The Immortal screenshots and seeing the last one... mission accomplished

Also worms were clearly not a joke

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

You have to remove them. No other way. For doing so, you normally need to remove every stone from your tank, because they are super fast, only come out at night (and eat your sleeping fish plus corals etc.) and even when you catch them, if a single part of them manages to catch a rock, you simply tear them in half, which means you now have two in the tank (if both halfs remain). Normally, you remove everything but the ground (which - depending on age of the tank - can be a problem as you might open up some depots in the ground which release poo poo to the water) and go hunting. There are videos on the net when couple cought them, they were like over a meter long and as thick as a thumb. I was super lucky because mine somehow crawled into the seperated department where the water runs downwards towards the sump tank underneath, and I was able to catch it there when it was still only around 40cm long and mostly visible the whole day.

They can ruin a new tank quickly, especially as they tend to be no problem for about a year, until they are big enough to pose a thread for smaller fish and nearly all of your corals.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Welcome to the block zone.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

you have a google alert for your own name

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Worst squadron more like

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Who's with me?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

Welcome to the block zone.

Also a good gang tag name, with spinning Kayak

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Libluini posted:

Now imagine that worm being really tiny and entering your body through your feet, and you have hookworms.

Are those the ones, that then also occasionally pop back out through the skin?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

Are those the ones, that then also occasionally pop back out through the skin?

Wikipedia says they enter your bloodstream, travel to your lungs and then to the bronchia, so you can swallow them again when you cough up slime. Then they travel through your digestive system to suck blood in your intestines.

So I'm guessing "no"

But don't worry, there are tons of hilariously disgusting worm parasites, one of them will be the one you are thinking of.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Well poo poo, now you got me curious to look up something that doesn't sound just like a pretty elaborate tapeworm, only going for blood instead of nutrients. brb.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

also, that will always make me think DSmart is a canadian thanks to South Park. So I guess...it's good?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Love reading about worms crawling inside of dicks and people complaining about Derek blocking someone. It's like PB&J.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Libluini posted:

Why would you do this to me

tuo posted:

You have to remove them. No other way. For doing so, you normally need to remove every stone from your tank, because they are super fast, only come out at night (and eat your sleeping fish plus corals etc.) and even when you catch them, if a single part of them manages to catch a rock, you simply tear them in half, which means you now have two in the tank (if both halfs remain). Normally, you remove everything but the ground (which - depending on age of the tank - can be a problem as you might open up some depots in the ground which release poo poo to the water) and go hunting. There are videos on the net when couple cought them, they were like over a meter long and as thick as a thumb. I was super lucky because mine somehow crawled into the seperated department where the water runs downwards towards the sump tank underneath, and I was able to catch it there when it was still only around 40cm long and mostly visible the whole day.

They can ruin a new tank quickly, especially as they tend to be no problem for about a year, until they are big enough to pose a thread for smaller fish and nearly all of your corals.

gently caress that

Buy a temporary tank, rescue the fish. Carpet bomb the rest.