Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Well, THIS is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for the summon tickets, Karna.

Came right at a time when I was starting to lose hope of any 4-5 stars any time soon too.

bladeworksmaster fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh hey people scanned the new materials book that has cool servant trivia

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just had a look at lancer artoria (just to see if she's a better option when she's available) and she seems very underwhelming. She only has slightly more attack than lancer alter, a worse mana burst and it looks like her NP will usually do less damage than lancer alters since alters ignores defence and curses the enemy.

From what I can see her only benefit is her NP pierces invunerability but the fact that it's aoe diminishes its usefullness somewhat.

Am I missing something or is this another case where the alter version is a cheaper and more effective option?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Her crit skill is one of the best

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nyeehg posted:

I just had a look at lancer artoria (just to see if she's a better option when she's available) and she seems very underwhelming. She only has slightly more attack than lancer alter, a worse mana burst and it looks like her NP will usually do less damage than lancer alters since alters ignores defence and curses the enemy.

From what I can see her only benefit is her NP pierces invunerability but the fact that it's aoe diminishes its usefullness somewhat.

Am I missing something or is this another case where the alter version is a cheaper and more effective option?

From what I've heard they're different characters who fulfill different roles. Lancer Artoria is built to throw out her NP a lot, while Alter is built to crit the poo poo out of things with the right support while also having some utility to her strong NP when she throws it out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Lancer Artoria is a premier Buster crit servant. Protection of World's End is a crazy skill that bundles everything needed for burst crit damage into one skill (generate stars, gather stars, boost crit damage). So you get a bunch of stars, wait until she has two Buster cards (or even ideally a Buster chain with her NP), and then unleash hell with that skill and Mana Burst.

E: Oh I should read closer (Lancer Artoria Alter is such a mouthful that I usually just parse Lancer Artoria as the Alter version). Yes the 5* non-Alter version seems like a worse version. Not as good burst crit damage, more resources required thanks to being 5*, less useful NP, etc.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 29, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There is also value in being a good lancer because the options are basically cu and now karna.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Plutonis posted:

Oh hey people scanned the new materials book that has cool servant trivia

Are there any translations yet?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is artoria lancer so stacked

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

why is artoria lancer so stacked
"There are controversial claims that, if summoned to the world as a Lancer, one certain part of the King of Knights would appear different from when she had been alive.
Some believe that the possession of the holy spear, rather than sword and sheath, would allow one certain part of her to grow despite her agelessness… Some believe that the power of the spear would allow one certain part of her to age…"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that makes no sense but okay

cute avatar though

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Tae posted:

There is also value in being a good lancer because the options are basically cu and now karna.

Shishou!?!?!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

Lancer Alturia- "I want to spam my NP often"

Alt Lancer Alturia -"Baby my np is the least of your concerns, its these two 100% crit double merlin enhanced end of the world busters that are going to come after it"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

UchihaHirou posted:

Shishou!?!?!

She's limited and isn't appearing on the gacha for a long while

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tired Moritz posted:

that makes no sense but okay

cute avatar though

To put it more simply: wielding Excalibur stopped Artoria from aging, so she pretty much stayed a teenager. Shelving Excalibur and wielding Rhongomyniad instead restarted her aging, which is why the Lancer Artorias are taller, bustier, and have more mature faces.

"An "if" King Arthur who, after rising as a king, made the holy spear its main weapon instead of the holy sword and governed over Britain.
Having lost the growth-halt from the holy sword, she grew to a physical age fitting for a king."

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Does lancer Altria atler appear on a rate up banner again? I spent all my quartz on this one and have no idea if I need to whale out to level her np while I can.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
She'll appear again during the Singularity gachas they run as well as at least once more during the 10 million DLs campaign with Merlin.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Jehuti posted:

Does lancer Altria atler appear on a rate up banner again? I spent all my quartz on this one and have no idea if I need to whale out to level her np while I can.

Yeah, see here:
https://grandorder.wiki/Altria_Pendragon_(Lancer_Alter)/Campaigns

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Has anyone actually ever seen a demon show up in the Caster training grounds?

I've had 3 hearts drop for me so far today :stare:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tae posted:

There's also Proto-Cu, Leonidas and Hektor.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's also Proto-Cu, Leonidas and Hektor.
Liz is a good girl and lancer deserving to be leveled and grailed appropriately.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RanKizama posted:

Liz is a good girl and lancer deserving to be leveled and grailed appropriately.

Right, I forgot her because I don't have her in NA and she's in my backrow in JP (Hozoin and Lalter are my two front-row Lancers).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RanKizama posted:

She's a terrible girl, who should not be given any grails!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
endlessly looping gif of Liz and Kiyohime calling each other increasingly obscure kinds of reptile

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like Liz's character, and her third ascension costume is cute. I have no need for an AOE Lancer after getting Lancer Artoria but I would not be upset if I maxed her out someday. Someday...

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I didn't need Lancer Artoria Alter but I did a ten roll anyway and got her. So I've got her, Scathach, and Liz at NP2. Where's a Gilgamesh for me to stab a bunch?

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 29, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I gave Liz a 2030 for full support and she's great. I'm very tempted to level up Proto Cu mainly for chimera eradication and other pesky beasts.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

It's me

I'm the guy who will dump all my quartz into rolling Larturia.

Efficiency be damned, I want Momturia on the team.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Liz did nothing wrong except not appear in any of my summons, so Kiyohime can keep calling her a big dum-dum until she does.

Apparently my previous complaining about having almost no Sabers paid off, as a random story ticket pull got me Saber Alter. First time a ticket pull has gotten me anything good.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Nate RFB posted:

I like Liz's character, and her third ascension costume is cute. I have no need for an AOE Lancer after getting Lancer Artoria but I would not be upset if I maxed her out someday. Someday...

Liz’s purpose is not as a main attacker. You may not need an AoE attack but I bet your Lancer Artoria would appreciate a 40% attack buff, and a 20% defense reduction, to stack multiplicatively with her own Buster and critical buffs, from a friend who can also contribute against the same classes she can.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Quick and Arts is clear, but does + X% buster cards do anything else than a X% attack buff would do on a buster card?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

genericnick posted:

Quick and Arts is clear, but does + X% buster cards do anything else than a X% attack buff would do on a buster card?

I don’t believe so as such, but they are a little different in terms of how the game handles them, because the game calculates all buffs of the same type additively, but different types multiplicatively (as far as I understand). So two 20%buster buffs on the same character is 40% more damage, but a 20% buster buff and a 20% attack buff is 44% more, and so on.

Technically buster cards have a small star gen modifier, but I don’t know if the buster performance effect increases that.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

Technically buster cards have a small star gen modifier, but I don’t know if the buster performance effect increases that.

It does.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

genericnick posted:

It also increases the tiny stargen value Buster cards have, but lol it's negligible.

Mixing different types of buffs gives better results than stacking more of the same, though.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's me

I'm the guy who will dump all my quartz into rolling Larturia.

Efficiency be damned, I want Momturia on the team.

Don't get me wrong I'm a scumbag who will roll for any artoria regardless of how good she is in the meta. Lord knows how much I'm gonna spend to fail at grabbing MHX.

I just wish the developers would give the 5* Artoria saber and lancer a buff. Considering their cost and rarity you would hope they would be a bit better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

BlondRobin posted:

Liz’s purpose is not as a main attacker. You may not need an AoE attack but I bet your Lancer Artoria would appreciate a 40% attack buff, and a 20% defense reduction, to stack multiplicatively with her own Buster and critical buffs, from a friend who can also contribute against the same classes she can.
That's a fair point, I forgot about her strengthening quest boost on that first skill. Still getting it (and her defense debuff) to level 10 is a daunting task in a game like this to say the least. Still, in the case of L.A.A., I'm not sure Liz has the star drop rate (based on the number of hits on her quick cards) to fully let her buster crits prosper. Maybe if you gave her and a support Merlin 2030s.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I did 20-30 Caster 40APs and didn't see a single demon.

I got like 30 Caster Gold Gems which makes me feel like an idiot for not farming Rider Gems yesterday to get Drake's skills even higher.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I saw two demons this morning and got one heart.

I think I'm up to close to 50 gold caster gems at this point. Someday I'll have a cool Caster to use them on on. Someday.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Welp.
Did a 10 roll hoping for Launcher or Arjuna...
Instead I got Frankie and two Salters ... Followed by a 3 roll and another Salter. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

there should be a granny altria, one of those nice old anime grannies :3:

could be a caster maybe