Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ganson posted:

Eeeeeh there's a lot of people earlier in the USPOL thunderdome thread who would argue that Obama qualified. Not saying that I agree but the idea that left-wing type people couldn't be taken for a ride by a charismatic figure the only superficially supports their values while actually pursuing their own (and their rich friends) agenda does not jive with me. We aren't infallible.

lmao "we"

tell me more about how you're a leftist but would also support hitler

actually don't, really just stop posting at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

botany posted:

actually don't, really just stop posting at this point.

Best response yet.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

What are you guys doing for lunch today?

I'm thinking Thai.

Trying to derail this derail. Help

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Malaria posted:

I'm thinking Thai.

You should get some pho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Malaria posted:

I'm thinking Thai.

Thai good. You like shirt?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

paperwind posted:

You should get some pho.

I hate both of you. I can't take my kid to asian restaurants because I just don't want to listen to her complain about how the food is all bad.

SHE WON'T EVEN loving TRY ANY OF IT gently caress IT'S THE WORST!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Malaria posted:

I'm thinking Thai.

Just finished some homemade tom yum, so I'm in total agreement. 👍

I know the short days and cold weather can bring out some dark thoughts, but goddamn.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

God this is more insufferable than mountain chat
Listen, your father figure does not get drunk and suddenly start spouting off stuff about what lies "Beyond the mountains", so you have it easy wrt mountain chat. :colbert:

He's a perfectly reasonable dude otherwise and was an amazing father figure who nourished my intellectual pursuits, but by jove do his conversations/anecdotes get weird whenever he gets drunk, especially regarding mountains and their mysticism; it's also a bit :stare:-worthy when some of his childhood friends confirm that stuff like "Yeah, he beat the poo poo out of a pedo priest when he was 9" or "Yeah, he stole a motorcycle at 14 and sold it to my uncle" actually happened. He's a little crazy, but in a good way. :)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I was doubtful that the cult of elon musk actually existed, and then ganson comes goose stepping in here with his support for hitler, and now I believe it. People are loving weird.

I find the idea of putting people like elon against a wall to be pretty stupid. Elon is just a PR face, and the real work is done by his teams of engineers and scientists. I say, instead of putting (most) billionaires against the wall we make all their companies and capital worker owned co-ops, and make them the same as every other person in their company. If he was so important the workers would still support him,, and if he was terrible the workers would poo poo all over him. simple.

It seems like history has shown that giving lone figures of the revolution decision powers of who is put against the wall and who isn't will lead to bad outcomes.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 29, 2017

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Look y'all. It's 2018 in about 60 hours, at least by the EST. You know what you need? You need confetti launchers. Airless confetti launchers. You haven't lived until you've flung confetti out of a wand and nailed a dude in the eye from thirty paces. Confetti got launched when Northam won, confetti got launched when right to work got denied entry into the state constitution, and let's be real. You're gonna need some loving confetti in about eleven months. Blow up some vacuum cleaners. It's gonna be awesome.

If you're a discerning D&D poster, and I know you are, you're gonna want something you can bring into any party/rally/revolution, and you're gonna need something custom made. All red for your revolution. Blue for your politics. Just red/white/blue combos because America. You need it, and you should get it now. poo poo's made in America. You like American made products. There's a dude in Florida just waiting for your phone call about your future needs.

Let's talk about the ways you're gonna celebrate the coming fight-back. I'm gonna fight back with confetti launched with nothing but my arm and the excitability of a highly-stressed goon, friends. It's gonna be good.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Malaria posted:

I'm thinking Thai.

I think I could go for some BBQ. The real kind of BBQ, that is.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Yeah about Northam and confetti...don't celebrate too soon...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8340_story.html

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Hobnob posted:

I think I could go for some BBQ. The real kind of BBQ, that is.

mmm i might jump the border real fast and get some of that sweet sweet white bbq sauced goodness in alabama for lunch

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Look y'all. It's 2018 in about 60 hours, at least by the EST. You know what you need? You need confetti launchers. Airless confetti launchers. You haven't lived until you've flung confetti out of a wand and nailed a dude in the eye from thirty paces. Confetti got launched when Northam won, confetti got launched when right to work got denied entry into the state constitution, and let's be real. You're gonna need some loving confetti in about eleven months. Blow up some vacuum cleaners. It's gonna be awesome.

If you're a discerning D&D poster, and I know you are, you're gonna want something you can bring into any party/rally/revolution, and you're gonna need something custom made. All red for your revolution. Blue for your politics. Just red/white/blue combos because America. You need it, and you should get it now. poo poo's made in America. You like American made products. There's a dude in Florida just waiting for your phone call about your future needs.

Let's talk about the ways you're gonna celebrate the coming fight-back. I'm gonna fight back with confetti launched with nothing but my arm and the excitability of a highly-stressed goon, friends. It's gonna be good.
You're alright, Fancy. :cheers:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

VH4Ever posted:

Better than some Trump nazi.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

VH4Ever posted:

not having a trump supporter in any governship is cause for celebration

also we cried about northam making dumb comments about medicaid about 800 pages, poster new to the trump thread

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

skylined! posted:

also we cried about northam making dumb comments about medicaid about 800 pages, poster new to the trump thread

Fair enough. But generally I caution against celebrating at all anymore, lately each "victory" is followed quickly by fresh horror. Such is life in Trumpland. I'm a cynic.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I remain hopeful that Northam's noises about bipartisanship were hedges against the possibility of Republicans retaining control of the legislature and a need to then have their cooperation to expand Medicaid. Hopefully Dems will get control (Lol what the gently caress is going on now, they aren't doing a drawing what's going to happen JFC) and he'll knock that poo poo right off.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Malaria posted:

I'm thinking Thai.

You should go hunt and then barbecue some murder pigs.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

My hero, a rampaging diaper-wearing troll baby off to golf at Mar a Lago.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

VH4Ever posted:

Fair enough. But generally I caution against celebrating at all anymore, lately each "victory" is followed quickly by fresh horror. Such is life in Trumpland. I'm a cynic.

ya we've already done the 'hope is a lie' and 'nothing matters' schtick like, starting on page 2

goddamn dude at least skim the thread if you're gonna kramer in and sadbrains

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

skylined! posted:

It's the Trump thread. Nobody reads it all the way through and the same article gets posted about 2-4 times when it's interesting. It happens.

Northam said dumb poo poo, everyone yelled at him, and he walked it back within hours. Story began, story ended. And while we wait on judges and a special election, there's every chance Medicaid will be expanded clean as a whistle by a Democratic state government, or a power-split one. Which is a drat sight better than Gillespie ALSO not doing that, plus cutting taxes to the point that the North becomes a walled city-state and the Pulaski County simply sinks into the sea.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

it looks like baby trump is also running away from father time trump

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Go read the automation thread. Technology is anti leftist now in a bunch of people's opinion. Being useful on earth is a bad thing to them.
I'm sure this isn't a totally reductive and stupid summary. Not from Owlofcreamcheese :rolleyes:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Very appropriate representation of a man who has spent the last 4 days on a golf course.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
lol glad to see we've pivoted to fellating billionaires that don't actually do anything to help people but make cool stuff that we can consume

suddenly the Trump fandom makes sense

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ague Proof posted:

what kind of world does ben live in?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what kind of world does ben live in?

Whichever one his patrons commission.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

GreyjoyBastard posted:

in fact, that's what I thought dbukalski was saying, that the elites were prototyping this to save themselves, but on a reread he's an optimist like me :3:

I am an optimist. but I would not be shocked if thats what was going on. I endorce the strategy. Id rather the elites keep it secret if an asteroid was about to wipe us out. Let me enjoy my last days in ignorance/bliss rather than watch the world unravel because people stop going to work and start looting resources

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Aves Maria! posted:

lol glad to see we've pivoted to fellating billionaires that don't actually do anything to help people but make cool stuff that we can consume

suddenly the Trump fandom makes sense

Look buddy if we're going to live in a cyberpunk dystopia then we're loving well going to get the cool cyberpunk parts of it as well as the dystopia parts.

e; lol imagine believing colonizing other planets is a bad thing jesus christ you primitivist fucks

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 29, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

"let me trust this billionaire who has done nothing for the proletariat" - people itt with no sense of irony

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Spangly A posted:

normally your posts are aight but no, Elon Musk has not done anything notable in any fields you're mentioning and the things you're arguing that he's done have not happened.

He did not revolutionise electric cars. His batteries are based on a loving decade and a half old MIT design that was adopted by ever major car and battery manufacturer. He did not drive the electric car surge; a bust of price-fixing by battery companies had more impact than he did to drive prices down. He did not invent reusable rockets, he hired people to refine a design NASA thought was dumb. Those work now, but haven't yet justified the amount of hype you're attributing them. He did not drive the surge in viable solar energy, that was entirely the chinese government. Vacuum transport is, right now, a really dumb thought experiment that is already costing more than it would be worth and does not address a single problem in the completely hosed US transportation field. Someone who spent his money adopting German public transport standards for rail would, within ten years, achieve more in this field than Elon Musk ever has or will in his life.

He is paying for his own propaganda with dumb poo poo that generates enormous clickbait. He has not actually achieved anything. Reusable rockets are not an interesting innovation when NASA and the US government have a loving space plane currently in operation.

Until Musk made battery cars sexy I wasnt seeing much movement in the industry. Now every car maker its a given that if your not switching your production to battery cars your making a mistake.

NASA scrapped the space plane because it was too expensive. Refurbishing rebuilding a plane is too much

refurbishing a rocket tube is workable. Musk gets full credit for making it happen. Yes every tech is built on previous tech so Im not impressed of someone points at someone else who thought of doing the same thing but didnt. It was musk that made reusable rockets a thing in a way that matters

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mister Adequate posted:

e; lol imagine believing colonizing other planets is a bad thing jesus christ you primitivist fucks

It's science fiction bullshit for oversized children and there are many better ways to spend billions of dollars with the limited time we have left on our one, only, and doomed planet.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

ColdPie posted:

My father-in-law owns a Model X. He took us out to dinner. It was raining. We came back from dinner, he opened the "cool doors", and they dumped water all over the back seats. :krad:

Musk does great stuff, but those doors are a loving debacle.

In that case I concede the concept needs fixed or scrapped. Still cool though :)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/alanblinder/status/946450186859175936/photo/1

Roy Moore at least won’t be getting an injunction.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mister Adequate posted:

lol imagine believing colonizing other planets takes priority over literally any other problem facing humanity

Elon musk would have done more good for society if he literally took his money and airdropped it over every major metro in America

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Wait, why did he draw Trump as a baby? Is it a religious symbolism thing?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ague Proof posted:

Why wouldn't he be? He's trying to beat Taft's record to become the bigliest president ever.

Stress is also an easy way to put on a lot of weight and Trump's currently in a position where he has to actually work (in theory) and not gently caress around non-stop. Also there's the whole "most of the world hates you because you're a colossal fuckup and the ultimate posterchild of failing upwards due to wealth" thing eating away at him along with his popular vote loss.

nine-gear crow posted:

I still remember the alt-right self-owning itself with that. "lol we trolled you libs by making up a fake racist hand gesture... NO WAIT GUYS STOP USING IT TO TELL EVERYONE YOU'RE RACIST, gently caress!"

Not content with ruining Pepe, they've also hosed up the 'ok' hand gesture.

Up next: Doing the Macarena to totally own the libs.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'll paint the frame of my guillotine white, use blue-hued metal for the blade, and let the GOP supply the red.

VH4Ever posted:

Nobody thinks Northam's anything more than a third way dem (at best). But that's still infinitely better than the state being held hostage by Gillespie.

Ague Proof posted:

Why did he give Chucky blonde hair instead of red?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Would Hitler think a hot dog was a sandwich? That would sway my support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

enraged_camel posted:

Wait, why did he draw Trump as a baby? Is it a religious symbolism thing?

It's a symbolism thing. Not sure where it came from but every cartoon jerkbag uses it:
New year - baby.
Old year - old man.

You're smart to stay away from the cartoon thread, friend.

• Locked thread