Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

mods change my name posted:

What combatives course trains in full gear? Serious question i didn't go through it all.

Level II MACP, SOCP off the top of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

mods change my name posted:

What combatives course trains in full gear? Serious question i didn't go through it all.

I’ve seen it done at less than level 2. It wasn’t to be “hard,” it was the opposite. To teach you that the real intent is to stay alive in your gear long enough for a buddy to walk up and dump rounds in the enemy without killing you too.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Ok ill amend my stance on macp.

Unit level macp pt in my limited army experience was retarded as gently caress.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Oh the part in lvl 1 where we just lined up and took turns bitch slapping the gently caress out of each other should be something that happens every day after the flag goes up the pole

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Army combatives is literally the manual to date rape.

I always thought that there was some fuckin' officer standing behind some grandstands with a set of binoculars rubbing one out while dudes got their grind on each other.

"maintain dominance" hahahaha get the gently caress out of here

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

not caring here posted:

Army combatives is literally the manual to date rape.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

not caring here posted:

Army rape.

I always fuckin' behind dude grind on each other.

"maintain dominance" gently caress here

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Rolling with women always felt rapey.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I don't get this and I feel ashamed

Don’t remember what unit it was but sometime during my 06-07 deployment, a LTC was huffing canned air and choked to death on his sandwich.

He wasn’t the only high ranking guy to do this either.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Noice

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Best combatives instructor I had said something along the lines of "I'm gonna teach you this poo poo but in reality if you're in a fight just grab the nearest thing you can and hit them in the head with it" before the class.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mr_Ruckus posted:

Best combatives instructor I had said something along the lines of "I'm gonna teach you this poo poo but in reality if you're in a fight just grab the nearest thing you can and hit them in the head with it" before the class.

Class dismissed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My Combatives teacher was doing the clench drill and some dude fought back. He also boxed so he started doing legit body blows to the guy. I never saw him so loving mad. Dude had a mustache you think an English pilot would have.

Same drill, different dude and my dipshit NCOIC is up and he gives up halfway, walks away, turns back to say something “this is loving -“ bloop! Right on the go to sleep button. Fucker deserved it really. Hilarious as gently caress. I had to run interference as he hosed his other soldier in the back of a van. He was married and had 4 kids.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Ashmole posted:

Some of his stuff is amusing but I was really surprised to read that. And a guard lieutenant at that.

There's a "leadership" site I can't remember the name of that's full of salty lieutenants bitching about the army's failed leadership with their west point and ROTC wisdom

Also is there anything worse than getting stuck with a bunch of west pointers who talk about west point the entire time?

Hahaha this retard posts on that forum

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Viva Miriya posted:

Mustang when do you ETS?

June 2018, waiting to get back from block leave and see how hosed I am with taskings, ie are they sending me to Ft. Hunter Liggett to be an OC for a month, are they sending me to Yakima for another month, and are they sending me back to NTC to be an OC for a month.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I can't really describe the feeling that I'm having right now of the realization that I've been in longer and will get out after Mustang.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

I can't really describe the feeling that I'm having right now of the realization that I've been in longer and will get out after Mustang.

I just took a huge hit of weed and am super high and I'm sorry dude but goddamn this made me loving laugh because holy poo poo, gently caress Joe amirite?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I have West Point and ROTC friends that also want to get out but they ADSOed for either JBLM or Armor or both, and owe like 8 years to the Army. They're super butt hurt that the Army only demanded 3.5 years active from me.

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
Hello. I lurk this thread and had a story that you all might find amusing.

I teach English as a foreign language in Taiwan and in the morning I watch CNN with my 7th grade class. There was a story about the Army loosening some of the requirements to get in and showed a video of soldiers doing PT with their PT belts on. When this clip went on the class made a lot of confused sounds. I had no idea what was confusing so I stopped the video and asked what's up. One of the girls asked why they were wearing those ugly belts. I told her it was for visibility or something (I have no clue). The class looked really confused and the most quiet student in class said, "they look retarded".

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

leekster posted:

The class looked really confused and the most quiet student in class said, "they look retarded".
That's because they we are.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Internet VFW > Are you more motivated than a 7th grader? (Army Megathread)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

“They look retarded” is a good Army thread name too.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Soulex posted:

Rolling with women always felt rapey.

I don’t really understand this. I have this radical idea that women are people and you can just duke it out with people without making it weird. US Army as it is is gets so hung up on it, that the more weird separation of sexes there is, the more it makes weird opinions.

I also got chocked out by a six foot tall female west pointer cadet who smashed my head two times and made me bleed all over the place so maybe I’m like biased.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 29, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Tell them it's so they don't get hit by cars in the gym.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Rolling with a woman definitely feels rapey. There is no “oh I consider women people” needed. Think about it. You are a man, on top of a woman in her guard, trying to forcefully control her. Even if you mean nothing by it, it’s obviously is rapey.

Combatives as a training tool is pretty dumb until you get up to higher levels. In no uncertain terms would I want to go to the ground on concrete. Like someone said earlier, in a real fight for you life you best believe you’re better off trying gouge eyes out, hitting them with something heavy, or slamming someone’s head into the ground until they stop fighting back. You can’t really teach that beyond bringing it up as a possibility.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

I don’t really understand this. I have this radical idea that women are people and you can just duke it out with people without making it weird. US Army as it is is gets so hung up on it, that the more weird separation of sexes there is, the more it makes weird opinions.

I also got chocked out by a six foot tall female west pointer cadet who smashed my head two times and made me bleed all over the place so maybe I’m like biased.

Maybe in a class setting. I've seen men vs women in "fun" exhibition events and it's certainly not equal, and it's extremely uncomfortable to watch.

I hope that doesn't make me sexist.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Mr_Ruckus posted:

The guy at Benning who taught the ABOLC class said that to us. It's really just to buy time and that's all it should be explained as. He also talked about how people carrying knives shouldn't be carrying them because most of the time they are used against the owner. So there's some sense in all of it as long as you don't think of it as a decisive form of combat

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ve never felt rapey doing combatives with women. It’s generally been unfair as to who “wins” but every second a woman can go without being killed and still struggling is a second someone else with a weapon could show up to help.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I tried to remember when rolling that you're still supposed to be learning and practicing technique. With men and women I'd talk to them while rolling- tell them to pas the guard, giving some openings, etc. Rolling as training loses value if one person is just locking up the other until time is called. It's less creepy if both people get the chance to practice the motions at speed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I tried to remember when rolling that you're still supposed to be learning and practicing technique. With men and women I'd talk to them while rolling- tell them to pas the guard, giving some openings, etc. Rolling as training loses value if one person is just locking up the other until time is called. It's less creepy if both people get the chance to practice the motions at speed.

That too.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I feel rapey doing PT with guys.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

I feel rapey doing PT with guys.

You're probably too young to remember the old grey shorty shorts we used to wear.

:D

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

You're probably too young to remember the old grey shorty shorts we used to wear.

:D

Haha, I've heard stories of them, though. Sadly I missed it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

Haha, I've heard stories of them, though. Sadly I missed it.

100% honesty, those shorts were so good for running.

They had a coochie pad too.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

I think it's lol worthy that the Army is the only service that doesn't scale the PT test at altitude. Hey guys we are over a mile up but have 30 days to acclimate and you'll be good. Oh by the way we are still going to score it the same way as if you are at sea level lol see ya

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ashmole posted:

I think it's lol worthy that the Army is the only service that doesn't scale the PT test at altitude. Hey guys we are over a mile up but have 30 days to acclimate and you'll be good. Oh by the way we are still going to score it the same way as if you are at sea level lol see ya

sound like a case of lack of heart

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Zeris posted:

Hahaha this retard posts on that forum

This joke is making the rounds again already? It only works if you wait a few months for people to forget...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ASAPI posted:

This joke is making the rounds again already? It only works if you wait a few months for people to forget...

Well You Need a Platinum Account to see this Message for all time.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Ashmole posted:

That's how I got flagged years ago. 2nd week in CO (with the company) and I had an "diagnostic APFT". I failed by 10 seconds and I didn't really care. I mean it's a diagnostic right? Cue Former Enlisted micromanaging Commander flagging all of us. God it made my day when that jerk off got relieved in the middle of a field problem for being so incompetent.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Kaliber posted:

That's how I got flagged years ago. 2nd week in CO (with the company) and I had an "diagnostic APFT". I failed by 10 seconds and I didn't really care. I mean it's a diagnostic right? Cue Former Enlisted micromanaging Commander flagging all of us. God it made my day when that jerk off got relieved in the middle of a field problem for being so incompetent.

Yeah that's crap you can't flag someone for failing a diagnostic. gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Yeah, when I made a bitch fit about it and my PSG tried to talk to the commander the response was "Blah blah blah orders say he should be able to pass an APFT upon arrival to the unit"

I passed about 2-3 weeks later, but he wouldn't remove the flag because it was graded by my SL/PSG and not an official company APFT. It sucked that our 1SG at the time was a beta yes man.