Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao, jason’s submitted statement on pubg
Battlegrounds is an asset flip that has the distinction of winning big off a dollar scratchoff. People are losing their minds because you can now vault over things. I refuse to believe this is a finely crafted experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In Training posted:

I think the reason this year is kind of a drag is that the podcasts are like 5x longer than usual but also they still wind up picking the most obvious results possible so it's just exhausting.

Jeff was like super excited and happy about how they went too if you listened to him afterwards. & then you listen to the casts and it's him not knowing what a lovely category meant, & generally being invisible unless wolf2 was in the convo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

Battlegrounds is an asset flip that has the distinction of winning big off a dollar scratchoff. People are losing their minds because you can now vault over things. I refuse to believe this is a finely crafted experience.

lmao

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I feel like the GOTY debates need an "intellectual" for lack of better terms. Someone like Austin that would call people out when their only argument is "This is bad." or "This is very good."

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't know who first pointed out abby only ever says "it's very good" but i didn't notice it at first and now i can't unhear it

"i think dream daddy is very good. i am not a dating sim person-- i know the writing is not for everyone it's got a very particular style but i think it is Very Good"

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao

they should listen to jason more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk how you wouldn't notice it's been non stop since day 1. I just started Best World -- wish me luck

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

loving yes

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

In Training posted:

Idk how you wouldn't notice it's been non stop since day 1. I just started Best World -- wish me luck

You have gravely erred.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

been listening to this in the background while i work so they aren't getting my full attention

also i've skipped like half the categories because i just don't have the energy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao Turn these mics off.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the best world debacle is entirely on Alex tbh

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Jason owns.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

In Training posted:

I think the reason this year is kind of a drag is that the podcasts are like 5x longer than usual but also they still wind up picking the most obvious results possible so it's just exhausting.
Definitely a bit of that, but something like Destiny 2 as top 3 for Best Looking is 'surprising', but not interesting or defensible in any way. A lot of the categories just ended up with them shoehorning a few select games in and it really ruins the whole thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ben: "You learn more about the story, from when uhh Callie, no wait I think it's Marie, gets kidnapped"

This is the final straw. You absolute motherfucker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I think jeff just walked away or something.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

me, personally, i think the game does a lot of cool stuff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's got really good characters, and her story is really good, and the way it's - it's got a really good cohesion. The other game is pretty bad, not that it disqualifies it, but I don't think it hangs top 3 on this list

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I gave up before the end of day 2 and instead will listen to Austin teach Dan how RPGs work via escape from New York??

This is good so far.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
It's very good and cohesive, but I don't think it hangs, personally, just wanted to say my piece. It's definitely not top 3 material. Destiny 2. Cuphead. Pubg.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea ok posted:

It's got really good characters, and her story is really good, and the way it's - it's got a really good cohesion. The other game is pretty bad, not that it disqualifies it, but I don't think it hangs top 3 on this list

I appreciate this

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I’m a few weeks behind on regular casts and Vinny takes the piss out if Abby constantly on the first Beastcast after they recorded Goty

Every other thing she says he asks “but is it good?”

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Listening to GOTY podcast. How does this go for an other hour?? lol

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The further I get into these the more I notice that immediately when Abby does her 'it's very good non argument that someone else will jump in and try to construct an actual argument to clarify her position and It's pretty lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

'me personally' I notice way more than 'its very good' and I hate it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Well, me, personally, I loved this game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Listening to an Austin rant about machine Elves and I really think if Ryan and Austin ever got together the bombcast would have been way too crazy to contain and I make myself sad. Austina nd jeff and Ryan just bouncing amusing internet nonsense off each other for hours.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think its fun i think mario is super fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the way they talked about that rabbid boss fight where the boss poo poo talks mario made it sound funny, i wanna check that out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario X Rabbids is way better than I ever expected it to be

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Jeff doesn't remember possessing the trex in Mario odyssey, somehow.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Mario X Rabbids is way better than I ever expected it to be

a conservative universe? Not anymore!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rock band vid still good, i still like this bunch of idiots

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the hitmans xmas and winter games thing videos were great

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ArfJason posted:

a conservative universe? Not anymore!

Lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I have not had a chance to watch hitsmas yet, is it all in Sapienza? Who all plays?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad, Dan & Abby go ham in different ways. Vinny not so much since I think they were squashed for time

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
brads run is legendary

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dans as well. And Abby crushes it for someone who's played the game like once ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Destiny 2 in Best Art

What a joke. The Destiny series in general looks like a bunch of boring stock modern military stuff grafted onto a bunch of boring stock sci-fi assets. It’s some of the most mundane art direction I’ve seen in a game and it blows my mind that the same people made Halo.

The concept art revealed for the first game’s announcement looked awesome too so it’s extra disappointing.

The evil hive-ship thing in The Taken King expansion actually had some pretty decent design, though- basically like these next pieces but not as cool. It was probably the only part in either game that kind of stood out visually:

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this because it’s probably the only sincere post about these games I’ll ever make.