Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

sean10mm posted:

There was an epidemic of this in whatever the workout subform was called years ago when I was dumb enough to post there and give controversial advice like "If you want some visible muscles maybe try one of these beginner weight programs, I dunno?"

:qq: BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A MUSCLE MANS :qq:

I'm long past tilting at that particular windmill though.

I also enjoyed when people would say that they don't want to get "too bulky, just kind of clean like this" and then post a picture of a dude who clearly has been lifting weights for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Thread has made me realized I haven't even tried many of these candy bars. Never had a Payday, Almond Joy, or heck a Baby Ruth.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I also enjoyed when people would say that they don't want to get "too bulky, just kind of clean like this" and then post a picture of a dude who clearly has been lifting weights for years.

Brad Pitt in Fight Club was a common benchmark too.

e: Then some dudes who literally bragged about steroid use showed up around when I lost interest in posting there, ironically enough.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sean10mm posted:

Brad Pitt in Fight Club was a common benchmark too.

I prefer Brad Pitt in Achilles personally...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

There was an epidemic of this in whatever the workout subform was called years ago when I was dumb enough to post there and give controversial advice like "If you want some visible muscles maybe try one of these beginner weight programs, I dunno?"

:qq: BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A MUSCLE MANS :qq:

I'm long past tilting at that particular windmill though.
Ah, Watch & Weight, also home to that god awful Low Carb Megathread (which I admittedly posted in but was nowhere near as crazy as a lot of the people who posted there, namely TheCosmicMuffet).

"EAT ALL THE BACON AND SAUSAGE AND CRISCO YOU WANT. JUST DON'T EAT A CARB"

"This sugar-free ketchup happens to have a sugar alcohol in it. Will I gain 20 lbs overnight? :ohdear:"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Have you guys ever done the keto diet? I've been toying with the idea of doing it...I do love brown rice and sweet potatoes a lot though so :smith:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

piss tape israel posted:

"This sugar-free ketchup happens to have a sugar alcohol in it. Will I gain 20 lbs overnight? :ohdear:"

No, but you may spend the next 3 hours on the shitter ala the Haribo gummy bears.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin?utm_term=.wgjzjEZBd#.qe8NMmnYG

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

weird Asian candy posted:

I prefer Brad Pitt in Achilles personally...

Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 for me. He eats food in every scene yet is so fit. It would be a dream come true!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

Ah, Watch & Weight, also home to that god awful Low Carb Megathread (which I admittedly posted in but was nowhere near as crazy as a lot of the people who posted there, namely TheCosmicMuffet).

"EAT ALL THE BACON AND SAUSAGE AND CRISCO YOU WANT. JUST DON'T EAT A CARB"

I think I missed the no carb thread madness, but I don't remember much about W&W beyond a vague recollection that there was a lot of dumb loving drama that I got burned out on. Like, fine, if a handful of people want to hate the gently caress out of me because I suggested some simplified barbell routine to a beginner... uh OK I guess?

I actually like the red title though, it replaced one I got completely out of nowhere from a maniac in Automotive Insanity that involved... Honda cars and jerking off? :iiam:

e: I remembered right, lol

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 29, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Have you guys ever done the keto diet? I've been toying with the idea of doing it...I do love brown rice and sweet potatoes a lot though so :smith:
I have and highly recommend it. I've been off the wagon for the past few weeks though. Stupid holidays :argh:

Look up "targeted keto" since it caters to those who workout

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Girls like abs

Women like legs

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Girls like abs

Women like legs

I mean, a guy without legs can't walk, and a guy without abs would just fold over backwards, so they both have their place really.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

When we got a weight loss challenge going at work the people who won did it, but the idea of giving up pizza is something I can't fathom, as goonish as that sounds.

I lost 20 pounds mainly because I just ate less, stopped drinking pop, tried harder to resist candy and donuts, and ran on the elliptical at my Crunch gym a lot. Of course now I've gained all that weight back and its winter where I don't feel motivated to do anything.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am already fearing the weight gain from my new attempt to quit cigarettes. :sigh:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

achillesforever6 posted:

When we got a weight loss challenge going at work the people who won did it, but the idea of giving up pizza is something I can't fathom, as goonish as that sounds.

I lost 20 pounds mainly because I just ate less, stopped drinking pop, tried harder to resist candy and donuts, and ran on the elliptical at my Crunch gym a lot. Of course now I've gained all that weight back and its winter where I don't feel motivated to do anything.

Same.

I dropped a ton of weight and through various stresses in life gained most of it back now.

Looking forward to 2018 to get in shape. (again.)

I am Randaconda IRL. :randstare:

Honestly I just need a buddy to go to the gym with.

1.) Get in shape
2.) Read 1 book per week.
3.) Become a morning person.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

Look up "targeted keto" since it caters to those who workout

I will thanks!

achillesforever6 posted:

Its funny how the body adapts to not eating like complete poo poo. It really doesnt take much to drop weight especially if you eat like crap and then stop eating like crap :v:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 29, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I always liked that the biggest sin the Fitness Log Cabin could come up with was lifting for aesthetics.

Ab chat. When I start cutting weight to be beach ready (usually March), I just cut out lunch and replace it with whey shakes to help me get to the 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight metric until my body fat reduces down to 10%. I'm lucky that I have the body and metabolism type that I never really get above 15% bf anyway, so I'm never sure if what I do would work for others.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I always imagine someone I look up to standing at the end of my bed super disappointed when I don't want to get up. Sounds really dumb but it works. One of my mates I used to train with had this quote
“I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?” On a plaque in his bed room.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I remember finding a store that sold M and Ms in Amsterdam and i just devoured an entire bag over a day. God those days.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Best candy is Reese's followed by peanut butter M&Ms. Mmmmmm

OxySnake posted:

1.) Get in shape
2.) Read 1 book per week.
3.) Become a morning person.

Don't do #3. That's bullshit, no matter how long work beats me with early hours I'll never be anything but a night person. Even the military couldn't get rid of that.

FizFashizzle posted:

Girls like abs

Women like legs

Women like confidence, a decent job, and an acceptably attractive face/body. Who the gently caress knows what girls like.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 30, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We've only lived here 5 months how have I been cleaning the garage for six hours :psyduck: :psyduck:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Women like confidence, a decent job, and an acceptably attractive face/body. Who the gently caress knows what girls like.

Not boys; cars and money

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Not boys; cars and money

Digging deep for the good Charlotte reference

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spoeank posted:

Not boys; cars and money

Bravo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
drat....all you got motherfuckers in here and I'm a fatty :negative:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Regarding motivation, eventually this universe will be nothing but a black void. All of your accomplishments and happiness will have been forgotten billions and billions of years past. So don't worry about how fat you're going to get because one day all of your body will be dust and then eventually not even that.

My favorite M&Ms were the cinnamon ones they had around Christmas like 7 years ago. They were unbelievably good and I must've eaten 4 bags over the course of that winter. I like the peanut butter ones best of the regular varieties, but my wife's aunt gets me a bag of the standard peanut M&Ms every year and I'm not gonna complain about that.

Oh and regarding keeping junk food in the house, don't. If you want to keep something around for cheat days, make it something that takes time and/or effort to prepare. A bag of Doritos or M&Ms is actually bad because it's easy to lose track of how much you've eaten or to get into that "just one more" trap. Something that requires you to turn on the oven is better because you're not just gonna grab one or two of whatever it is while you're passing the fridge. I typically only keep light popcorn and a pint or two of Halo Top in the house during the year but we're in the post-Christmas "Everybody Bought Me Candy" phase and I have no willpower and my reaction to just giving it away can be described as Gollum-esque.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 30, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Don't do #3. That's bullshit, no matter how long work beats me with early hours I'll never be anything but a night person. Even the military couldn't get rid of that.

Eh back in the day I had a good deal going waking up at 6ish and getting things done. I'm someone who needs to work out before work or after midnight, and having a 9-5 job doesnt allow for midnight lifting sessions.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

You ain’t alone bro

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Also hello to all my fellow fat people.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol I aint fat Im just saying this is the internet...there’s fatties here

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

quote:

Regarding motivation, eventually this universe will be nothing but a black void. All of your accomplishments and happiness will have been forgotten billions and billions of years past. So don't worry about how fat you're going to get because one day all of your body will be dust and then eventually not even that.

There's already a separate Browns thread, sir

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Eat at Arby's

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone post that woman's standards on reddit again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Someone post that woman's standards on reddit again.

Gimme a sec.

Edit:

Skwirl posted:

Coincidentally these are my requirements for women I date.
https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/946117497689747456

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

"Character actors! Who cares how we look!"

*devours catering table*

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m in week six of keto. It’s fine. The first few days I was miserable while my body adjusted, but now the worst part is having to cook and do dishes all the time. I didn’t really need to lose any weight, so it’s more of an experiment to see how my body changes. I’m down ~7 pounds of real weight right now.

Lifting on Keto sucks. My muscular endurance is lovely, as is max effort. Just before I went on vacation I was benching 225x6 for three sets. Now hitting 210x6 for multiple sets is a struggle. Deadlift and squat have dropped too, though not as severely. When it’s time to taper off in a few more weeks I’ll probably try cyclic keto and see if that makes lifting more tolerable.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Look you aren’t the only one, I am for sure a fatty and I’m going to change that this coming up year but trust me I’m way too big right now.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Sup fatbros. Lost my job in October and stress/boredom caused me to gain back 12 pounds I had lost. Feeling pretty gross and resolved to change that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Just finished Event[0]. Really short little game but it was so fun talking with the AI. It's about being stranded on a ship with an AI and you have to chat with it to solve puzzles and advance the plot along, except it's pretty dang good at conversing and being believable.

It's like 5 bucks on the Steam sale if you're interested.

edit: for workout chat I just run and then run some more. I lost 35 pounds in 2015/2016 by doing this and eating less food but I gained like 20 back :(

axeil fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm at Lululemon and I'm trying to decide between the darker grey cross cut joggers vs the light grey cross cut sweatpants, which one is better

Time is a factor, I can't stay in this dressing room forever

• Locked thread