Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Jikes posted:

Cashed out, banked my winnings (in a real bank) and have a couple of appointments to get estimates from contractors tomorrow. Bitcoin is going to remodel my kitchen. :)

Nice man enjoy the kitchen, please engrave the bitcoin logo in one of the tiles in the middle of the floor also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I just bought a gold plated dildo that I can shove up my butthole

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fartbox posted:

lol look at these plebe using gold plating instead of solid gold

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Fartbox posted:

I think you mean bithole.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

klafbang posted:

I think you mean bithole.

Hot wallet

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Man this ripple price spike is going to make it totally useless as a payment settlement system. Good job ruining the one useful blockchain product I guess.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/946857095621513216

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Man this ripple price spike is going to make it totally useless as a payment settlement system. Good job ruining the one useful blockchain product I guess.

nah, it'll be fine! The actual product they sell to banks doesn't use XRP at all. They have like three or so different products that they give the same name for maximal marketing confusion.

"Ripple has pivoted so many times on its business model it could be a member of the Moscow State Ballet by now" - Izabella Kaminska, Financial Times, in the comments of this

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Because nothing says "sound fiduciary instrument" like a sick Poser skelejester

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

divabot posted:

nah, it'll be fine! The actual product they sell to banks doesn't use XRP at all. They have like three or so different products that they give the same name for maximal marketing confusion.

"Ripple has pivoted so many times on its business model it could be a member of the Moscow State Ballet by now" - Izabella Kaminska, Financial Times, in the comments of this

drat you are good at this poo poo. When they talk about high transaction/sec limits are they talking about XRP or the other stuff?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Dmitri-9 posted:

drat you are good at this poo poo. When they talk about high transaction/sec limits are they talking about XRP or the other stuff?

the correct answer is: whatever sounds like Good News for Ripple.

their primary product seems to be marketing bullshit. The R3 vs Ripple lawsuit is, AIUI, basically around the fact that the deal was R3 offered their customer list of big banks, and Ripple offered their technology and a big pile of XRP, and R3 were super pissed off because Ripple had worthless bullshit. (And R3 employs a pile of disillusioned ex-Bitcoin devs, who are actual computer science guys who know how this stuff actually works.) And they still want the XRP.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Oh man this is weird timing, someone I know just messaged me to tell me to buy Ripple and I was like "i'm good man I don't gamble on cryptos, I do enough gambling as it is" and he was like "it's not gambling, do some research"

am I missing the next bitcoin bubble???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh man this is weird timing, someone I know just messaged me to tell me to buy Ripple and I was like "i'm good man I don't gamble on cryptos, I do enough gambling as it is" and he was like "it's not gambling, do some research"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrvfoJeueg

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

In teh future there will be only bubbles, everywhere

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fartbox posted:

In teh future there will be only bubbles, everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHVsaM_0Zk
seems about right

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Stefan Prodan posted:

if everyone buys ripple that might make the price go up and uh, everyone can get rich this way what could go wrong

:shobon:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poo poo i was going to buy it yesterday but I didn’t and now I missed doubling my money again

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just buy in the dip.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
will all these dumb rear end cryptocoins be the next dot com bubble

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jimmyjams posted:

when it collapses like 6 chinese guys will be ruined

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

much like apple computers

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

much like apple computers

i think youre confusing apple computers with a hill having a railroad tunnel being bored through it using nitroglycerine

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

jimmyjams posted:

Just buy 1,000 dollars of each, by the law of averages one of them will shoot up 1,000% and you’ll be rich 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

i think youre confusing apple computers with a hill having a railroad tunnel being bored through it using nitroglycerine

nope, you are confusing ruined with dead.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ITS AT FEAR
BUY
BUY
BUY

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Clearly we're at the "bear trap" stage, brb investing my life savings in bitcoin

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

paul_soccer10 posted:

:monocle:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

right now what's happening is that money is moving from bitcoin into altcoins. ripple just got up to half of bitcoin's calculated market cap according to coinmarketcap

so while bitcoin is following that bubble chart, the chart of crypto values as a whole isn't, for now

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My ripple buying friend told me it's GUARANTEED To at least go to double digits

I asked him why he doesn't put in more than $1000 then, why not max out his mortgage etc

he was like "because I'm married, if I wasn't I would empty my 401k for this"

He 100% would too he's a super degen lol

god bless

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

This has to be the 5th time Bitcoin's done this and people still never see it coming

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GastonEatTheEggs posted:

This has to be the 5th time Bitcoin's done this and people still never see it coming

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Today marks 1 month since bitcoin first hit $10,000. It's holding strong at $3,000 more than a month ago.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AARO posted:

Today marks 1 month since bitcoin first hit $10,000. It's holding strong at $3,000 more than a month ago.

I wonder if Tether printing 630 million dollars in fake money to pump with in that same period has anything to do with that :thunk:

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Powershift posted:

I wonder if Tether printing 630 million dollars in fake money to pump with in that same period has anything to do with that :thunk:

24 hour trading volume.

$14,447,400,000

Market cap up by 100 billion.

But yeah, it was probably just due to that 630 mil.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

GastonEatTheEggs posted:

You mean gone to the moon, right?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Uranium 235 posted:

right now what's happening is that money is moving from bitcoin into altcoins. ripple just got up to half of bitcoin's calculated market cap according to coinmarketcap

so while bitcoin is following that bubble chart, the chart of crypto values as a whole isn't, for now

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Lol that last chart :tif:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AARO posted:

24 hour trading volume.

$14,447,400,000

Market cap up by 100 billion.

But yeah, it was probably just due to that 630 mil.

Up by what 100billion? Pogs? Are you saying some persons put 100b in usd into btc? Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
market cap my GODDAMN ball sack

lol there’s not that much money there since they weren’t all purchased and can’t all be sold for that