Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Q_res posted:

Speaking of, I'm stuck playing for the championship in a 17 week league. I'm up 24 points after week 16 and here's my lineup. Thinking of dropping Kelce for Gates or Ebron.

Might as well. Bell isn’t playing either btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21906533/todd-gurley-los-angeles-rams-stoked-fantasy-winners-charitable-contributions

This owns

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

:unsmith:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm becoming more and more enraged at everyone winning with Todd Gurley. I had Todd Gurley. I had all those other big named top 5 finishing fantasy guys too!! Where the gently caress's my championship?? HUH

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hunt, Bell, Gurley, Kamara... week 17 championship...
You must play with the dumbest people ever

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's not even that they let you have those 4 RBs. That whole thing was a red herring. My judgment is based solely on the week 17 championship

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

I’d rather play the 4th preseason week than week 17.

I'd rather lose a championship in week 16 than win one in week 17

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The one week 17 league I'm in is working in my favor. Down 30 but he has Bell Gurley and Hopkins :getin:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

The one week 17 league I'm in is working in my favor. Down 30 but he has Bell Gurley and Hopkins :getin:

Just always remember you didn't deserve to win. You sit on a throne of lies

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just always remember you didn't deserve to win. You sit on a throne of lies

No one deserves to win in a week 17 league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Brownhat posted:

No one deserves to win in a week 17 league.

And here I was wondering what next year's title would be.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Week 17 league here too. I feel like I’m sitting ok because most of my team is trying to get into the playoffs. Only concerns I have are Thielen sitting late if they have a big lead over the Bears, and if Gore and Hilton don’t play much because Indy would probably rather lose than win.

Picked up and starting Malcolm Brown because Gurley is sitting. I hope that isn’t a trap.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Is there a decent iOS app to manage MFL teams?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I still cant reconcile if I should play Brady or Jimmy G. Pats still have home field to play for and even though the Steelers are resting starters Browns shouldn’t win that game, so Pats have to win to get home field.

Jimmy has scored more points than Brady and most of the leagues QBs since he’s been a starter but I’m afraid that Brady just goes off for like 4TDs or something.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I still cant reconcile if I should play Brady or Jimmy G. Pats still have home field to play for and even though the Steelers are resting starters Browns shouldn’t win that game, so Pats have to win to get home field.

Jimmy has scored more points than Brady and most of the leagues QBs since he’s been a starter but I’m afraid that Brady just goes off for like 4TDs or something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hellllooo stealing this for any and all jimmy g articles in the future

Seconding that the answer is Handsome Jimmy GQ, Joey.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe Jimmy G is real and good.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I am a 49ers fan and let me tell you my balls are tickled pink knowing I have Handsome James to root for next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Suave Fedora posted:

I am a 49ers fan and let me tell you my balls are tickled pink knowing I have Handsome James to root for next year.

isn't he a free agent

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

isn't he a free agent

Yeah and I can't wait to see his contract details based on 7 career starts

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Pretend you are a team with zero wins in 3 months. Now 4 wins in 20 days with the same team, but a new QB.

One win was against the best defense in the league; not just a win but crushing them for 44 points.

Last year starting with another team he threw for 4TD, zero ints, and 500 yards in 2 games before an injury.

I am not sure how much more you want from the guy before you declare him worth a starting salary. He is better than Tyrod, Dalton (this year), and a host of others this year.

Franchise him, let him prove himself, then pay him double in 2020. That's fine too, and safer for the team.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It’s ok if you think Garoppolo is just another Matt Flynn.

It’s not smart, but it’s ok.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Franchising and then franchising again worked out for the Redskins flawlessly.

It could work there too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Niners have the second most cap space in the league. The 25 MM QB tag cap figure is enough to move them to... second place. They don't have to pussyfoot. Your potential franchise QB is in the goddamn building. Pay the man, this is why you have all this space.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Niners have the second most cap space in the league. The 25 MM QB tag cap figure is enough to move them to... second place. They don't have to pussyfoot. Your potential franchise QB is in the goddamn building. Pay the man, this is why you have all this space.

Whatever they pay Jimmy G is going to make Cousins explode. Kirk is going to get paaaaaaaid.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m in agreement. I wouldn’t bother with the tag and risk starting off on a bad foot. Lock Garopps up before paying a starting QB salary gets more expensive.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there a chance the Niners hilariously gently caress this up and Jimmy ends up in another team?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

No.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there a chance the Niners hilariously gently caress this up and Jimmy ends up in another team?

I'm sorry sir but you must be thinking of Washington.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They fixed the front office and have made all the right moves up until this point. Everything I’m reading from local writers has them enamored with the guy’s poise, intelligence, leadership ability and ball release. The Patriots did a fantastic job getting this guy ready. He’s a Niner.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Breaking news...

Jimmmy G benched over new dynamic QB signing Colon Kaepernick

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Though I wouldn't wish anyone to suffer through it, Washington Transition tagging Cousins, and having someone like CLE offer him something like 40 mil in the 1st year of his contract so no one could match would be hilarious.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 31, 2017

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

I hope you week 17 suckers fired up your Josh Gordons

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Brownhat posted:

I hope you week 17 suckers fired up your Josh Gordons

Hell yea, and I (seemingly so far) finally played Marvin Jones Jr. on the correct week!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the hell is going on with Alfred Blue?

Why is he even playing, let alone doing well?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dion Lewis looking like LevBell Light out there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I eagerly anticipate Dion Lewis and Alvin Kamara both letting me down in my keeper league next year

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

AnacondaHL posted:

Hell yea, and I (seemingly so far) finally played Marvin Jones Jr. on the correct week!

well gently caress me I guess, Golden Tate looking swell on my bench

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

What the hell is going on with Alfred Blue?

Why is he even playing, let alone doing well?

Last two weeks of reg season= blue light special

Didn't he win someone the 720-person Scott Fish Bowl last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Last two weeks of reg season= blue light special

Didn't he win someone the 720-person Scott Fish Bowl last year?

Yep Raymond Summerlin got like twenty plus points out of him to win the fish bowl last year. Garbage time is Blue time.

• Locked thread