Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aves Maria! posted:

finally I, proud jnco wearer, will have my day

*pulls a full size laptop from pants, grinning*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Would anyone like to play Risk instead of posting about smartphones

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KickerOfMice posted:

Get better pockets.

When it's winter I can get a paperback book in my heavier coat's pockets, does that count?

Edit: It is currently -38 after wind chill and I wish I hadn't bothered to check.

Prism fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 30, 2017

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I also don't have an air conditioner!

I don't have a bidet but I really need and want one.

boner confessor posted:

*pulls a full size laptop from pants, grinning*

post a dog you gently caress

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Prism posted:

When it's winter I can get a paperback book in my heavier coat's pockets, does that count?

YES!

-10 here, it's hell out there.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
what does a successful revolution in iran even look like? kicking out mullahs?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Bronze posted:

probably something that looks like the utter decimation that was iraq, if we're going by conservative fantasy scenarios

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bronze posted:

Disbanding or neutering the Basij is a good first step, followed by the horrible realization that there was a worse monster waiting for an opening.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!

Aves Maria! posted:

probably something that looks like the utter decimation that was iraq, if we're going by conservative fantasy scenarios

yes. i was thinking through this a little more and all i can picture is endless unrest and suicide bombings.

Bronze fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 30, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
I suppose we need one of these in this weather.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

YES!

-10 here, it's hell out there.

Only -10? :smug:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

I'll fistfight you!

But seriously, it's godawful everywhere.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/946961604205301760

And for context, remember that DJT tweeted this yesterday:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946416486054285314
...which upset the Chinese, who denied it and said "this is not how a U.S. president should behave."

Phlag fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 30, 2017

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Bronze posted:

yes. i was thinking through this a little more and all i can picture is unrest and endless suicide bombings.

gonna be lit though when The Donald unfurls the giant Mission Accomplished flag at one of his golf courses

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The first episode of black mirror is "i have no mouth but I must scream" so much it hurts

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

I'll fistfight you!

At least the wind has died down around the great lakes so it will stop making GBS threads snow on everything around them. :shobon:

Had a bunch of old boomers today repeating Trump's "If its global warming why so cold?" at me. It was fun to mention that pretty much everywhere else on the planet other than North America is way above normal temperatures if only to wait for the reaction when that began to sink in.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The first episode of black mirror is "i have no mouth but I must scream" so much it hurts

Hang the DJ <3

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Furnaceface posted:

At least the wind has died down around the great lakes so it will stop making GBS threads snow on everything around them. :shobon:

Had a bunch of old boomers today repeating Trump's "If its global warming why so cold?" at me. It was fun to mention that pretty much everywhere else on the planet other than North America is way above normal temperatures if only to wait for the reaction when that began to sink in.

They don't care.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

They don't care.

I know. :smith:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Black Mirror best ones-

~ METALHEAD
~ Hang the DJ

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Bronze posted:

A slow, meandering series of reforms that gradually shifts power from the Revolutionary Guard and various clerical assemblies to parliament.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

funniest loving thing ive read all day

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

KickerOfMice posted:

I'll fistfight you!

The Southwest is the only place spared right now and everyone is kind of grateful but also kind of freaked out that we aren't getting winter yet. Like yeah it's cool that it was 78 degrees today but it kind of illuminates the fact that poo poo is totally hosed and our desert cities might be drought stricken scorchscapes much sooner than we thought.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

If a show writer threw in this twist I would think it was brilliant

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Camel Camus posted:

The Southwest is the only place spared right now and everyone is kind of grateful but also kind of freaked out that we aren't getting winter yet. Like yeah it's cool that it was 78 degrees today but it kind of illuminates the fact that poo poo is totally hosed and our desert cities might be drought stricken scorchscapes much sooner than we thought.

You live in a loving desert. It's supposed to be a drought stricken hellscape and humans aren't meant to live there.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Iran gets a real Democracy it's a kick-rear end country full of fine men and women and would make a much better ally in the middle east than loving SA or Israel.

But I'm not holding my breath.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

boner confessor posted:

we tried that, there were disagreements

boner confessor posted:

something which is required for life, like food, clothing or shelter, vs. something which is not, like being able to watch anime while stuck in traffic

disagreements lmao, yeah. You think you're not making completely idiotic arguments, and we disagree.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Camel Camus posted:

Depends on if you include Colorado as part of the southwest, tbh. We're getting some serious cold here, too.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

50 and raining in the Seattle area. This is much nicer than the smartphone sperg-a-thon.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I turned on my TV, and it happened to be on the science channel, which is currently airing the apparently traditional Mythbusters marathon. The first thing I saw was a commercial for Trumpy Bear:

There's a zipper in its back that lets you access the torso stuffing: an American flag.

I thought I was having a stroke. I'm still not convinced I'm not. I've been downing margaritas all night and I can't find my pants but I'd like some confirmation that the world has reached a point where this nightmare aired on actual television.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I turned on my TV, and it happened to be on the science channel, which is currently airing the apparently traditional Mythbusters marathon. The first thing I saw was a commercial for Trumpy Bear:

There's a zipper in its back that lets you access the torso stuffing: an American flag.

I thought I was having a stroke. I'm still not convinced I'm not. I've been downing margaritas all night and I can't find my pants but I'd like some confirmation that the world has reached a point where this nightmare aired on actual television.

I saw this a few days ago when my family was still around, also on the science channel. At first I thought it was a parody but nope, our country literally is that insane

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

disagreements lmao, yeah. You think you're not making completely idiotic arguments, and we disagree.

Listen, I clicked on the 1000 new posts hoping for some news, so maybe you could choke on your, no doubt, immense pride on the topic of cell phones and shut the gently caress up.

The Elon Musk masturbateers can gently caress off too

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

it smacks so hard of the tim and eric cinco aesthetic that i can only assume the production company who made the commercial did so deliberately as a protest while still getting paid for the job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSwqnR327fk

e: aaaaah the ad was made by exceptional products, inc. who made the Hairdini! commercial along with other classically insane direct tv selling ads

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 30, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I too had mythbusters on in the background.

I too wasn't sure through 80% of the commercial if it was satire written by a genius or earnest pablum written by a madman.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/946930908401164288

Get the gently caress in.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aves Maria! posted:

I saw this a few days ago when my family was still around, also on the science channel. At first I thought it was a parody but nope, our country literally is that insane

I keep trying to put into words what I'm feeling, and I just can't. It's just offensively stupid. I'm screaming wordlessly at my phone, unable to articulate just how dumb my country is. I kind of want to die.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Evil Fluffy posted:

You live in a loving desert. It's supposed to be a drought stricken hellscape and humans aren't meant to live there.

More than fair.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Why is a n-word football player kneeling = making GBS threads on the flag but using a flag as filler materia-

Koalas March" posting from the future and/or another timeline posted:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I keep trying to put into words what I'm feeling, and I just can't. It's just offensively stupid. I'm screaming wordlessly at my phone, unable to articulate just how dumb my country is. I kind of want to die.

The voiceover talks about how Trumpy Bear is the bravest bear in a weird fake enthusiastic voice I'd expect from a hostage at gunpoint told to "act happy" by the gunmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Just keep drinking

• Locked thread