Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Glock has sold a few million pistols and each one of them you need to pull the trigger in order to disassemble it for cleaning. Gaston Glock is top tier trolling idiots who forget to clear their weapon for decades now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I knew a idiot who when in high school put a hole in a projection screen screwing around with his dad's Glock...

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Merry Christmas fuckers. 🎄

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Glock has sold a few million pistols and each one of them you need to pull the trigger in order to disassemble it for cleaning. Gaston Glock is top tier trolling idiots who forget to clear their weapon for decades now lol

Well, same with my M&P (unless you bother with the stupid sear/striker decocking lever thing inside vs. just pulling the trigger). The point is if you're not retarded you wouldn't shoot yourself, having properly cleared it and had it pointed in a safe direction during disassembly.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

patb01 posted:

I just assumed "unloading" is just euphemism for "I was screwing around and shot myself like a dumbass."

A safe assumption.

As best we can tell, he ejected the mag, and somehow failed to eject the round in the chamber. He had a Ruger with an external safety (:lol: disengaged when we found it), so I'm 100% sure he tried to clear it by pulling the trigger. While it was pointed at his leg.

The girlfriend then got angry at whoever sold him the gun, for not teaching him how to safely operate.

Took all my self control not to wish the family a Merry Christmas when I left.

e:

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

Merry Christmas fuckers. 🎄

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Merry Christmas gently caress you if you're working senority and details own

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Smiling Jack posted:

pensionable overtime owns

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

:(

So pissed.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Don't worry due to the "nature of my assignment" I am always working memorial day, labor day, 4th of July, NYE... any holiday with the potential for either large parties or recreational gunfire, I'm working.

Christmas and Thanksgiving I get off though that's the deal.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Jack posted:

My department pays 2.5 on holidays. I plan on working Christmas forever. :homebrew:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

but is it pensionable

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
That shouldn't matter with responsible saving and investment planning.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

uncle w benefits posted:

hey lookit this trickle down motherfucker who likes getting pissed on

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

uncle w benefits posted:

wat

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

uncle w benefits posted:

This is the cop thread.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
What, you guys don't have a financial planning service that works to look out after the well being of policemans futures?

Is that what the heck you guys are tellin me?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

uncle w benefits posted:

What, you guys don't have a financial planning service that works to look out after the well being of policemans futures?

Merry Christmas

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

uncle w benefits posted:

It’s called pensionable overtime. If I work my rear end off for a few years now and make bank daddy government is gonna pay me 100%of my most profitable years till I die.

And I can’t retire till I’m 52 so gently caress saving now for a future that I probably won’t live to see.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Financial planning never looked so good.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I'm putting all my faith into social security tbh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Jack posted:

but is it pensionable

Yes! :cawg:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

The Shep posted:

I'm putting all my faith into social security tbh

Lord knows my Illinois pension is going to be worth Jack and poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That's a significant reason why I dropped out of the Chicago Police process after they did my background investigation. Sure, great pay and I love Chicago but gently caress if I'd trust Chicago/Illinois pension system to be at all reliable.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Wasn't ILL insolvent/without a formal budget for... 3 years?

lol how does that work?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It still doesn't have a budget AFAIK. Basically they have an idiot Republican governor and a hilariously corrupt Democrat legislative body which hate each other.

I live in Milwaukee and grew up 45 miles north of Chicago (on the WI side), so it's been fascinating watching Illinois politics from the outside during my life given how different the political culture of the two states are; WI up until Scott Walker was historically the home of progressive clean government while Illinois has been the posterchild for corruption (lol having two former governors in prison at the same time).

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 25, 2017

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Wisconsin is weird in that they were this picture-perfect blue state then they elected a GOP governor who gave his party a massive boner by loving over the public sector unions then they went Trump.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
6" is a small dick? I was told that I'm very avera... it is very average!

:thunk:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
5.5 is average? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

5.5 is average? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

lmao

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/946807418809233408?s=17

loving dumb.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
They just killed a guy who walked out of his house? Like, he posed no threat whatsoever and they straight shot him? Holy poo poo.

Life is cheap in America. Cops will walk.

The thin blue line.

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 30, 2017

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm bored. Tell funny cop stories.

Spin a yarn of a time when you tricked some dirty perp into confessing to their crime(s).

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Reign Of Pain posted:

Spin a yarn of a time when you tricked some dirty perp into confessing to their crime(s).

I have an ongoing investigation that may hinge on proving the offender does not eats tacos.

I'm gonna subpoena Mr. Nice!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

I have an ongoing investigation that may hinge on proving the offender does not eats tacos.

I'm gonna subpoena Mr. Nice!

So you gotta find some partially eaten tacos with his saliva on them to prove hes a serial killer?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Reign Of Pain posted:

So you gotta find some partially eaten tacos with his saliva on them to prove hes a serial killer?

Yeah I'm gonna send carpet samples off to the DOC crime lab for analysis.

lol.

"Proof" is relative.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Reign Of Pain posted:

In an attempt to avoid being busted for an out of state arrest warrant (Texas, assault with a deadly weapon - firearm), a driver on a traffic stop said she left her license at home, then lied about her name and date of birth, using information from a friend who looked a lot like her.

Unfortunately for her, the friend had a bench warrant. She went to jail for the bench warrant, and her true identity was revealed when she was fingerprinted.

Now she's serving time for misrepresenting herself during booking. When she's done here, she'll be extradited to Texas for the warrant.

If she'd been smarter about her false identity, she'd have received a verbal warning. And if she'd been wearing her seatbelt, she never would have been stopped. Our city has a (state or federal, forget which) grant for seatbelt enforcement. The grant doesn't require citations to be issued, so a couple cops work OT doing nothing but seatbelt stops and giving verbal warnings.

ALSO

My very first arrest shouldn't have been an arrest, if not for a guilty conscience.

It was Black Friday last year. I responded to a shoplifting at a candy store. It was like $3 worth of candy. By the time my sergeant and I arrived, the suspects had moved to the store next door, a sporting goods place.

After locating one of the suspects, my sergeant told the suspect that, since the monetary value was low, if the suspect returned what he stole, we'd try to convince the store manager not to press charges.

The suspect led us to several hundred dollars worth of stolen goods from the sporting goods store, which he and his friends had torn out of the packaging and squirreled away outside to retrieve later. He had no idea we were only there for a couple candy bars, which had already been eaten.

As we cuffed him, he said "Wait, what about [friend 1] and [friend 2]? Why aren't you arresting them, too?!?" while looking right at them. They had stuck around to gawk at their buddy getting arrested.
Made it real easy to catch both of them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

uncle w benefits posted:

They just killed a guy who walked out of his house? Like, he posed no threat whatsoever and they straight shot him? Holy poo poo.

Life is cheap in America. Cops will walk.

The thin blue line.

wrong thread idiot

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Got some kids at Walmart today for stealing Pokemon cards. I didn't know that was still a thing. Good to know 13 year olds are every bit as dorky and dumb as when I was 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I posted this in GBS thread but real talk, let's say someone (even let's say a neighbor i pissed off) called in that I was holding my family hostage or something.

I see a couple cop cars outside my house from the windows, not knowing what's going on either. What are the actual things I could do to maximize my possibility of not getting shot?

I would think maybe I could call 911 and try to get routed to the police. My wife says get down on the floor spread eagle and never move.