Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the campaign really never gets interesting

it gets more fun when you start blowing up entire screens in rifts but its still pretty shallow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

D3 never really "gets interesting".

Edit: why do I feel compelled to make posts like this. I still sunk like 30 hours in both the PS3 and the PS4 versions...

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Maybe on higher level hardcore but I've never made it further than level ~15. It's too stressful. Otherwise, the game is just smashing monsters with different cool moves.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Diablo is a slot machine and the interesting part is optimizing how fast you can pump in quarters

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The game hasn't even started until T13 or GR 80+ really. Really I'd say GR 90 is when the game starts getting crazy, but I think that's going to get me a bunch of angry posts

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The game hasn't even started until T13 or GR 80+ really. Really I'd say GR 90 is when the game starts getting crazy, but I think that's going to get me a bunch of angry posts

I'd say GR70 since thats the goal for primals but yeah, that's right.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Around GR 80 is where it stops being fun for me because it goes from being a racing game to something like a bullet hell game. Maybe not coincidentally it's also about the point where your only upgrades are ancients or perfectly rolled jewellery.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just returned the game. We got through the middle of Act II on Expert without dying or feeling the slightest bit challenged. It was kinda fun learning the timings on my moves to maximize damage potential but meh. I don't remember D3 being this easy when it first came out.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

hampig posted:

Around GR 80 is where it stops being fun for me because it goes from being a racing game to something like a bullet hell game. Maybe not coincidentally it's also about the point where your only upgrades are ancients or perfectly rolled jewellery.

Roll a condemn crusader, then that point becomes around gr 100+

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Nice, I was just trying to decide whether to go crusader or chicken doctor next season.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Stated playing this again with the Necro on sale on PSN, but I have a Seasonal Crusader at level 62ish. Ton of fun, never played anything other than Monk or Wizard, so this is cool.

PSN is DocFuzz.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003
Going to throw my name onto the list here, I tend to play without a mic though, so if people are happy for me to join them in silence, i'm happy to run around blowing up monsters.

PSN is DStarr80

**edit** I'm GMT+10 too, if that's a factor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got a Crusader through the 4th stage of the seasonal and got a full seeker set... :wtc: I went from handily tackling Torment IV/V to stomping rear end on Torment VIII as I fill the screen with hammers. :black101:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fuzz posted:

Got a Crusader through the 4th stage of the seasonal and got a full seeker set... :wtc: I went from handily tackling Torment IV/V to stomping rear end on Torment VIII as I fill the screen with hammers. :black101:

Most every set got a huge increase in power for the last update.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PS4: burtology

Would love if I could surf someone's wake just to get to 70 for my Monk. Went up to GR 75 or 80 with a Barb last season, so I imagine I'll pick up steam once I can burn the journey. 1-70 is always the hardest part for me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

PS4: burtology

Would love if I could surf someone's wake just to get to 70 for my Monk. Went up to GR 75 or 80 with a Barb last season, so I imagine I'll pick up steam once I can burn the journey. 1-70 is always the hardest part for me.

Seasonal? I'm heading home relatively soon and can plow through Torment VIII if you can stay alive.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Thanks Fuzz for letting us surf your wake last night! Actually got my vibe alive for the Monk. Now to get the Sunwo build going.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Any ps4 goons still playing? Just finished RoS and got to 70, having fun with it so far but don't have a loving clue what I'm doing. PSN is Whippledip96

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m coming back for the new season on 2/23, add me on PSN: literallygary

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

How does Wave of Light with Tzo Krin’s work on console? On PC it casts wave of light wherever you click, so you can cast at the edges of the screen.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

How does Wave of Light with Tzo Krin’s work on console? On PC it casts wave of light wherever you click, so you can cast at the edges of the screen.

Consoles have a semi capable "smart targeting" system where they launch ranged attacks in the direction you're facing, at elites, and at high density.

But you can also hold the left trigger button to manually target a specific enemy you're facing (which again tries to prioritize elites and enemies in dense clusters)

On console you walk around with a joystick so it's easy to face the direction you want.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I can't decide if I'm gonna go Necro or Demon Hunter this season for that free set.

Bonestorm looks fun, but I made a crusader last season that got that blessed hammer set and it plays essentially the same way but WAY more badass.

Melee DH looks awesome and the armor looks rad as hell, so that's another consideration.

I've decided top finish out my roster with each successive season. I already have a max Wizard, max Monk, and now the Crusader. Haven't looked into the Barb version of the gift set, and the Witch Doctor one doesn't involved filling the screen with frogs, so gently caress that.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I'd recommend demon hunter. It's what I used my first season and it was very fun. Just finished last season with my wizard, he was my favorite but DH has a special place in my heart.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shadow DH is so good. I have no idea how it plays on console since it seems like you'd require somewhat precise aiming but it's still pretty great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jodai posted:

I'd recommend demon hunter. It's what I used my first season and it was very fun. Just finished last season with my wizard, he was my favorite but DH has a special place in my heart.

I'll make everything eventually, my point was which set is a must have of the current season list.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am insanely biased but having played pretty much every set from every class across 1,500+ hours of Diablo the Third in six years, Shadow DH is my #1 favorite concept. You cartwheel around the map at approx. 3,000mph looking for elites to assassinate, then throw knives in their stupid faces until they explode, which usually happens in 1-2 hits. It's just the right combination of active, powerful, and tanky that it never really gets boring. Also very easy to set up as only a few offset pieces are absolute must-haves, and daggers can be easily cubed. It might not be #1 solo GR anymore in ~the meta~ but you will accomplish all your seasonal goals and then some.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I am insanely biased but having played pretty much every set from every class across 1,500+ hours of Diablo the Third in six years, Shadow DH is my #1 favorite concept. You cartwheel around the map at approx. 3,000mph looking for elites to assassinate, then throw knives in their stupid faces until they explode, which usually happens in 1-2 hits. It's just the right combination of active, powerful, and tanky that it never really gets boring. Also very easy to set up as only a few offset pieces are absolute must-haves, and daggers can be easily cubed. It might not be #1 solo GR anymore in ~the meta~ but you will accomplish all your seasonal goals and then some.

Sounds about like what I was thinking from watching Ryyker's vids. Thanks! Totally making one. Doesn't hurt that the set looks amazing.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

drat, I think I played vengeance build. I might just roll another dh to try this out.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm trying to add everyone playing on ps4, I want to get some groups this season. Psn: Fingers_M

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PSN is DocFuzz

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Got a Wiz going, PSN is burtology

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I really hate the early grind, feel free to hop in my games if you see me. If I don't mic up, it isn't personal, it just means I've got music on in the living room.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

I really hate the early grind, feel free to hop in my games if you see me. If I don't mic up, it isn't personal, it just means I've got music on in the living room.

Do you know about the level 70 weapon trick? 40-70 is faster than 1-39 now!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

No I do not!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

No I do not!

This is a new opportunity brought about by Challenge Rifts, so hopefully you've claimed one or both of the Challenge Rewards on your Seasonal Guy. Get your Blacksmith fully upgraded (which requires Death Breath, from the Challenge Reward).

Once you're level 40, you have the ability to wield a Level 70 weapon, which is HUGE.

1. Craft a level 70 weapon (2H Axe is the best) with at least +Main Stat
2. Make sure it has a Crowd Control secondary (such as % to Slow, % to Freeze, etc.)
3. Reroll the OTHER secondary, until you get Reduce Level Requirement by 1-30 (the crowd control perks represent like 90% of the total reroll perks, so if you have one as the other secondary stat, you have really good chances of getting Reduce Level Requirement)
4. Equip your Weapon and start wrecking Torment 2+ thanks to your massive stat boost

Obviously it's pretty hard to get a Reduce Level Requirement by 30, so it's easier to do this around level 50 so you only need a reduction of 20.

Be careful that you don't accidentally spend all of your gold rerolling... once you've rerolled ~5 times, just salvage it and make a new one. No sense spending $100k per re-roll when you can just make a new one for some yellow mats.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Oh poo poo that is crazy, thank you for the heads up!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is a new opportunity brought about by Challenge Rifts, so hopefully you've claimed one or both of the Challenge Rewards on your Seasonal Guy. Get your Blacksmith fully upgraded (which requires Death Breath, from the Challenge Reward).

Once you're level 40, you have the ability to wield a Level 70 weapon, which is HUGE.

1. Craft a level 70 weapon (2H Axe is the best) with at least +Main Stat
2. Make sure it has a Crowd Control secondary (such as % to Slow, % to Freeze, etc.)
3. Reroll the OTHER secondary, until you get Reduce Level Requirement by 1-30 (the crowd control perks represent like 90% of the total reroll perks, so if you have one as the other secondary stat, you have really good chances of getting Reduce Level Requirement)
4. Equip your Weapon and start wrecking Torment 2+ thanks to your massive stat boost

Obviously it's pretty hard to get a Reduce Level Requirement by 30, so it's easier to do this around level 50 so you only need a reduction of 20.

Be careful that you don't accidentally spend all of your gold rerolling... once you've rerolled ~5 times, just salvage it and make a new one. No sense spending $100k per re-roll when you can just make a new one for some yellow mats.

Took me a few tries but I landed one and the immediate hop to Torment 3 was amazing.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Since I am the thread now, I hit Paragon 100ish, so feel free to hit me up for power leveling.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My favorite part of being the #1 Invoker crusader on Xbox Hardcore Seasonal is probably the extra drink tix you get on most major airlines

591 paragon :eggplant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

^burtle posted:

Since I am the thread now, I hit Paragon 100ish, so feel free to hit me up for power leveling.

I will probably take you up on this next week.